F I V E

Expensive Taste

The luxurious building of Jung Technologies, Co., LTD stands tall in the heart of Gangnam. At the top floor is where the CEO's office with a chaise lounge, a restroom and changing room, a lounge area, a meeting room, an area for the Secretary's office with a waiting area, and an entry hall. The Secretary's office is decorated with a brown wooden table with the company's logo in gold at the middle front. A vase of lily's added elegance to the place. Three black marble columns were also placed behind the Secretary's table. Two black leather armchairs were also set next to the Secretary's desk as the waiting area. Behind the smoked glass doors and walls is the lounge area, which includes matching leather furniture and two coffee tables with gold accents. Two lampshade lights placed at the corner. As for the meeting area, squared chandeliers were put atop for a more inviting and comfortable feel. Taking a considerable part in the decision making of the employees and the CEO.

Inside the CEO's office, light brown wood with grey decorated the walls. A modern chandelier hung above. A piece of an abstract painting with black and gold accentuated the chic corporate look. Behind the gold and black colored mahogany table sits the current CEO, Jung Hoseok. Important papers neatly stacked on the left and his two LED computer screens on his right. Sleeves rolled up until his elbows. A $15 Million Paul Newman Rolex Daytona adorned his wrist that shines under the warm light coming from the floor-to-ceiling window. Typing furiously without taking a break. There has been an error in the shipping of their products. This is the first time it happened, and everyone on the floor can feel his anger behind the closed doors of his office. It is not usual for him to get mad. All of his employees loved him because of his sunshine personality, and heart-shaped smiles that he throws in their way every time he enters the building.

Jung Technologies, Co., LTD is a multinational technology company with headquarters in Seoul, South Korea. It develops, manufactures, licenses supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. It is considered one of the Big Five technology companies of Asia ranking No. 2 with the most enormous total revenues. Simply known as J-Tech, the company has been in the business for over thirty years dominating the technology industry together with Jeon Electronics.

Hoseok was broken out of his concentration when his phone ringed. Exhaling rather harshly through his nose, He picked up his phone and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"What."

"Is that how you talk to your father, Jung Hoseok?" a low and gruff voice cuts through the line.

"What is it, dad?" Hoseok sighs over the phone, tugging the roots of his hair to lessen his headache.

"You have an appointment with the wedding coordinator today, sitting out of this is not an option."

His father said on the other line with finality in his words, leaving no room for arguments.

"Fine." Of course, to top the shipping error, he still has this stupid wedding to think of. The universe really loves pissing him off today.

After dropping the call, a knock echoes inside the silent office. Hoseok's Secretary's head pops out on the door cautiously, inviting herself.

"Mr. Jung, here's your schedule for the rest of the week." She said, passing the device towards her boss. "Is there anything you would like to add? Personal agenda, perhaps?" she asked as she watches Hoseok skims through the listed things he has to do.

"Clear my schedule for Saturday. I'll be picking up my cousin with his girlfriend at the airport," He answered and returns the device to her outstretched arms. "That's all." continuing to where he left off before his father calls.

"Of course, sir. I'll be taking my leave then." She bows and exits his office.

 

 

 

 

 

"AND CUT!"

The director shouted through his megaphone, and the staff scrambles off to clean the set and ready for the next scene. They were in Mokpo to shoot the film "Blue Touch" it is a story about two spies working together and fell in love in the middle of completing their mission. The current scene that they were filming is where the leading man saves his love interest from the villain in a rundown building.

After hearing the director, the main actress immediately runs off to her boyfriend's waiting arms. "Did you see how I acted?" She asked with that annoying voice of hers while batting her eyelashes. Everyone knew she was only with him for the fame and money. Leeching off of him every chance she got. His family never acknowledges her, letting her know that she's not and will never be welcomed into the family. But despite all of this, Jackson still adores her and give every material thing she wants.

"Of course, and you did wonderful, sweet," Jackson Wang said, holding her tiny waist and leaned down to kiss her full on the lips.

Somewhere in the back is the director and his assistant leaning down the huge screens trying to find better shots to include in the final edit of the movie.

Oh, Lord God. Please save me. The director sighs after the 15th take of one particular scene that they've been doing for the last hour. After the last take, he decided to just it, let's take this one because his patience is slowly wearing thin and he's close to exploding. He really wanted to shout at Im Mira and tell her that she just like how much her personality is. But of course, he won't do that. If he straight up told her that exact words then might as well kiss his career goodbye. After all, Jackson Wang, her boyfriend, is sponsoring the movie. He has produced different films for the last four years of being in the film industry. He had also acted in some hit movies like Firefly, On the Go, Just Right. Apart from those, Jackson Wang is also the youngest child of Malcolm Wang, the most successful surgeon in China and Jeon Jaekyung, current CEO of YeHwa Pharmaceutical Company.

The whole crew watched the couple publicly display their affection with grimaces on their face and some with disgust as they make out under the heat of the scorching sun.

 

 

 

 

 

Seokjin arrived home from his Paris trip late afternoon, early enough to give the little ball of fluff, janggu his bath. At the same time, his Secretary looked on his upcoming schedules. After the shower, he gave the dog to Miss Hwang. Seokjin resumed the ritual of carefully unpacking his new couture acquisitions. He hid them away in the spare bedroom before his husband got home, placing the less expensive paintings in the living room replacing the old ones. Seokjin has always been careful to never let his husband see the full extent of his purchases. Poor thing seems so stressed out by work lately. Everyone in the tech world seems to work such long hours, and his husband's company was trying so hard to get his company off the ground. Of course, with J-tech and Jeon Electronics on the list, it is impossible to have his husband's company on the top. However, Seokjin always believed that he will have his own breakthrough soon. It's just a matter of time.

It has been a surprise for everyone when he announced his engagement. Jeongguk, his brother, was more than happy when he heard the news but with his parents? It was a different story. His mother, especially, was disappointed by his choice of partner and refused to talk to him for four months. Because how could a Jeon choose someone from "that kind of background"? Up until now, his mother is still wary whenever the couple would stop by the Jeons. She hasn't entirely accepted the man and has no plans on acting all motherly towards him either.

Seokjin popped into the kitchen to chat with their cook about the menu and decided they should set up dinner on the balcony tonight. He lit some jasmine-scented candles and set a bottle of the new Sauternes he had brought back in the wine chiller. Seokjin just knew his husband would like the sweet wine, which had been specially recommended to him by Eric Nam, the brilliant sommelier at Taillevent.

A later after ten, his husband arrived home, and Seokjin rushed to the door, greeting him with a long embrace ignoring the sweet yet foreign smell that clings onto him. They had been married for more than four years now, but the sight of him still sent an electric spark through him, especially after they had been apart for a while. They broke apart and shared a light supper. Afterward, they both headed to their bedroom to rest for the night.

"Did you buy those thousand-dollar paintings?" His husband inquired when they entered. Remembering passing by the paintings in their living room.

"No… My mother did," Seokjin said breezily as he watches his husband remove his work clothes.

"You're such a bad liar," He grunted and headed towards the bathroom, leaving Seokjin on his own thoughts.

After a few minutes, Seokjin heard the shower running. He lay on his side of the bed. His phone let out a soft ping. Who could be texting him at this hour? He reached for the phone, squinting at the text message.

"I could still feel the ghost of your lips on my thigh."

Seokjin frown upon reading the message because it makes no sense at all. Who will send this kind of message to him? Must be Heechul playing pranks on him. He peered at the text message again, realizing all of a sudden that he was holding his husband's phone.