The Predate Jitters

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun were both in the kitchen once again, conducting their usual heart to heart talk over Kyuhyun's new cooking experiment. He's not quite sure what Kyuhyun was making but it had galbi and smelled really good so who cares what it's called. Besides, he had bigger problems to deal with like his supposed date with Donghae that he proposed to the latter. 

"I don't know what I was thinking, Kyu!" Hyukjae whined while stirring the sauce half-heartedly in the bowl. "Why did I have to blurt it out?! What am I gonna do?"

"What exactly is the problem again? Hey! Keep stirring that." Kyuhyun scolded when he turned around and saw Hyukjae was too busy hiding his face in his hands rather than stirring the sauce of his food. "You can't let the sugar settle otherwise it's gona crystalize and there'll be chunks in the sauce."

Hyukjae pouted as he really couldn't care less about chunks in his sauce - not when he had a dating problem that needed to be solved! - but did start stirring again anyways. 

"The problem is I don't know how I'm gonna act around him on Saturday. I'm broke, Kyuhyun! Broke! What the hell am I gonna contribute to dates that Donghae's used to?! I certainly can't bring him to McDonald's like where I usually conduct my dates to."

"Why not? They got decent food for cheap prices." Kyuhyun teased while stirring the soup. He took a small sample of what he was cooking and lightly blew on it before carefully bringing it over for Hyukjae to taste. "Taste this. What do you think?"

Hyukjae very carefully brought the ladle over to his mouth and tried it. As soon as the hot liquid touched his taste buds he made a face. "Why is it so sour?"

Kyuhyun blinked and tried a little himself. He very carefully tested it and gave Hyukjae a weird look. "What the hell are you talking about? It tastes fine."

"It's sour."

"You've got weird taste buds."

Hyukjae scoffed and tasted the sauce he was mixing. "Here. I think this one's done."

Kyuhyun lowered the heat on the stove and dipped the tip of his pinky over the spoon Hyukjae stirred in and it. As soon as the sauced touched his tongue, his face scrunched up from the overwhelming taste of sugar. "Yah! Did you follow my instructions? Why the hell is this so sweet?"

"I did!" Hyukjae argued. "I don't know what you're talking about but it tastes amazing." As though to prove his point, Hyyukjae the sauce stains off his hand and even the small spoon he mixed in clean. 

Kyuhyun grabbed the bowl away from Hyukjae and added a dab of water in it before furiously whisking away. "Get your sweet tooth away from my cooking. I'm never letting you help me again."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and slammed the spoon he was holding on the table. "Help me first!"

"Ugh - I don't know how to help your indecisive ." Kyuhyun turned back around to his cooking and mixed in the red paste sauce that was in Hyukjae's bowl earlier to his cooking. "First, you were goo goo ga ga over him and then  you weren't, and now you are again but you're not- what exactly are you asking my help for?"

"To mentally prepare me for Saturday!" Hyukjae snapped while glaring at Kyuhyun's unnecessary summary of events. "I just- I don't know what he wants or if he would feel the same for me. I mean, maybe he could since he did go through all the trouble of buying me all those gifts-"

At the mention of gifts, Kyuhyun couldn't look up and glared at the giant bear who's black beady eyes seemed to stare back at him peering into his soul. A small shudder came over him.

"That giant bear better be in your room tonight." 

Hyukjae ignored Kyuhyun's comment and kept going. "-which means that he must be a little interested in me, but then what if he isn't? What if he just feels really bad for lying to me before and I'm reading too much into this!? Kyu!" Hyukjae called for him desperately to pay attention. "What am I gonna do!?"

Kyuhyun finally turned off the stove and let his cooking chill for a few seconds before he turned around to face Hyukjae. He cleaned up the mess on the table then looked at Hyukjae, grabbed the big wooden spoon he used to mix the vegetables with earlier then lightly tapped Hyukjae's head with it. 

"Stop. Over. Thinking. Things." He punctuated each word with a hit of the spoon. He smirked when Hyukjae held the spot over with his hands then turned towards the sink to drop the rest of the dishes in. "I'm sure everything will be fine. Just follow his lead and do what comes to you naturally."

"But...he's the CEO, Kyu. I can't be my usual self around him."

"And why not?" Kyuhyun countered while grabbing some plates for him and Hyukjae. "If you're not gonna be yourself around him then what exactly is the point of this 'date'? Are you both going to keep pretending to be someone you're not just to make the other like you?" 

Hyukjae pouted and grabbed the plates Kyuhyun handed him to place on the table. "I don't know. I just- when  we were in the elevator I didn't want him to go and-...and I acted so impulsively... Maybe I should cancel."

Kyuhyun scoffed and narrowed his eyes at Hyukjae. "Why? You want to cancel the date so you can about it some more with me? I don't think so."

Hyukjae scowled and sat back down on his chair with a defeated look on his face. "Then what the hell am I supposed to do!?"

"Be yourself." Kyuhyun said while carrying over the pot of his new cooking to place in the middle of the table. "Don't let being you get in the way of you."

"That didn't even make sense."

"Yes, it did." Kyuhyun teased and took the seat opposite of Hyukjae on the table. "Now, stop it with the obvious questions and eat."

Hyukjae pouted his lips and watched Kyuhyun put rice on his plate and the dish on his bowl. "What are you talking about? What obvious questions?"

"You want me to tell you what you want to hear so that you can confirm what you already know."

"Which is?"

Kyuhyun sighed and gave Hyukjae a pointed look. "Really? You're gonna make me say it?"

Hyukjae grinned innocently and blinked to feign ignorance. "Say what?"

Kyuhyun pursed his lips trying to hold it in but when Hyukjae didn't stop giving him the look, his will started to deteriorate and eventually gave in. 

"Fine." He said and dropped his chopsticks on the table to look at Hyukjae seriously. "You wanted to see the real him so you owe it to him to do the same. Just be Lee Hyukjae. I'm sure you're annoying self will work its charm just the same on Donghae."

"Yah!" Hyukjae threw a piece of rice at him but did understand the point he was trying to make. There's still three days before Saturday. That's plenty of time to calm his nerves and get his head together. 

Right?

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Donghae was digging through his closet looking for clothes to wear but nothing he tried on looked right. Half the dress shirts that used to be neatly hung in his closet now made a small pile of mountain on the floor. His other clothes that were neatly folded in his drawer now laid haphazardly around the room while he kept trying and throwing one shirt after another in his quest to find the "right" clothes to wear. His room looked like a complete mess. Like a hurricance had gone through his closet and spat his clothes everywhere. That was exactly how Heechul and Leeteuk found the state of his closet to be in when they entered his walk-in closet looking for him. 

"Donghae?" Leeteuk called cautiously while looking around the room disapprovingly. "What...are you doing?" He had to pause when he found him looking a little derange with an undershirt hanging on his head and still frantically pulling out clothes from his drawer and then throwing it away carelessly. 

"Need...clothes...Saturday..." Donghae pulled the last blue shirt in his drawer and scowled when it still didn't look right. "Agh! I can't find anything to wear!"

"Calm down, crazy." Heechul said and very carefully placed a calming hand on his brother's back who looked very much like he was ready to cry. "What are you freaking out about?"

"I have my date with Hyukkie this Saturday and I can't find anything to wear." Donghae whined pitifully while grabbbing the hanging white undershirt off his head. 

"Hyukkie?--You mean Hyukjae?" Leeteuk clarified while taking the shirt away from Donghae's hands. The latter just nodded softly while still looking around him to get a second look on his clothes. He completely missed the huge grin Heechul sported and the glare Leeteuk sent his way.

"Aha! I knew it!" Heechul exclaimed.

"Shut up, Heechul." Leeteuk scolded effectively capturing Donghae's attention. "You don't know it's anything."

"Oh please. No one works this hard unless they're trying to get laid."

Donghae's ears perked up at the last part and looked at Heechul and Leeteuk completely confused. 

"They're still getting to know each other."

"I'm sure they know each other plenty." Heechul smirked and winked at his dongsaeng who was still looking up at him from the floor. 

"Hyung...what are you guys talking about?"

"Alright. Well, why don't we just let Donghae tell us what really happened in the elevator then." Heechul offered while crouching down next to Donghae with an expectant smile on his face. Donghae's backed away a little since he's seen that look on his brother before and it usually entailed trouble for him. He then looked at Leeteuk who emitted the same aura but instead of a mischievous smile he sported an anxious stare. 

Just what the hell is going on between those two? 

"Donghae...Hae, my favorite dongsaeng," Heechul called sweetly while gently tucking a strand of Donghae's hair behind his ears. "Will you please tell our very prudish cousin that you got some action in that elevator."

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows at Heechul's words and backed his head away a little. "What?"

"Donghae, can you please tell your overzealous brother that not everyone are animals like him and that you and Hyukjae did nothing but talk your feelings out." Leeteuk said while glaring at Heechul's mocking smile. 

"What are you two-"

"Oh come on, Jungsu. I'm not saying they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter