The Club

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Not gonna lie...I kind of forgot what the ending of this story was which is the reason why it took so long for me to update >.> I hope you all haven't given up on the story yet! ^^ Happy reading :)

(author's challenge - read recap really fast for comedic relief xD)

Recap: Hyukjae meets Donghae by accident after calling an "" company to help get him a date for his cousin's wedding. Even more of a coincidence was the fact that he actually works for Donghae in his company which activated his overthinking brain and suddenly found himself hesitating to believe that the too-good-to-be-true Lee Donghae might actually fall for him. Donghae, on the other hand, was up to the challenge and pursued Hyukjae trying to get him to be his boyfriend and asked him out on a formal date. Despite the messy, ridiculous date the two of them had they found themselves actually getting closer together. 

Somehow, as fate would have it, Hyukjae's apartment ended up getting flooded and thanks to his eccentric and no-BS-having-too-bold-for-his-own-good roommate Kyuhyun, they now reside in the same apartment building as Donghae (which he owns but that's another surprise Hyukjae would have to deal with later). Donghae wants Hyukjae to call him by his name without formalities, Hyukjae refuses, so naturally Donghae devices a plan to get everyone to call him without any formality so Hyukjae wouldn't feel left out; Hyukjae gets called to Heechul's office, receives the email Donghae sent to everyone, starts to feel protective of him but still hasn't quite realized how deep he's fallen for the other. 

Now, a little (a lot really) closer than when they started, Donghae offered to give Hyukjae a ride and lured him closer to him by pretending to fall asleep on his shoulder on their way home, taking full advantage of Seoul's heinous traffic hours to have the other all to himself. 

Now...

Hyukjae hummed comfortably and snuggled closer against the source of warmth in his dreams. His arms comfortably wrapping themselves around the cuddly bear tighter and felt a smile come up on his face. It was an absolute heaven of a dream and something that he hasn't experienced in quite some time. A small bumped nudged his head that caused him to stir and his eyes to slowly open. It took some time to register but after a few seconds, Hyukjae's mind went from a dream like state to a quick alarmed one as he let out shocked gasp and instinctively gripped his hold around the "bear" tighter, his hold going from a snuggly hug to a death defying clutch around the person's neck then keeping his eyes shut to mentally escape the embarrassmet he felt from being carried bridal style by the other. He heard him chuckle causing his neck and ears to heat up followed by the trigger to shout as his go to coping mechanism for anything. 

"Yah! What the hell?! Put me down!" 

Donghae smiled in acknowledgment that he had heard the other but didn't bother to put Hyukjae down as they were only a few steps away from Hyukjae's front door. 

"Lee Donghae!" Hyukjae yelled again but his hands remained tight around his neck.

It wasn't even a full five seconds later when Donghae stopped walking and gently placed Hyukjae down on his feet where and the other quickly took that opportunity to create some distance with the other, roughly adjusting his faintly creased shirt and pants while trying to cover up the way his face heated up from the unexpected compromised position he was in with Donghae. 

"Aish..." he muttered under his breath. "Why did you have to carry me like that!?" 

Donghae grinned and let out a soft laugh at Hyukjae's reaction. "Hey, I tried to wake you up in the car but you're a very heavy sleeper. Nothing I did woke you up." 

Hyukjae's eyes darted around while he opened and closed his mouth trying to find the right words to say that would make him less ridiculous in front of Donghae's eyes. Nothing would come to mind and Hyukjae could only hope that a natural disaster would happen to help save him from his situation like an earthquake or a blackhole. Anything to get him away from Donghae so he could wallow in self-embarrassment would help. 

Lucky for him, it happened.

"Oh. What are you two doing out here?"

He has Kyuhyun. 

"Kyu! Hey!" Hyukjae's never been happier to see him. "Nothing. Donghae was- was just dropping me off."

Kyuhyun gave Hyukjae's weird energy a look but then sighed and shook his head as this was not the strangest thing he's seen the other done. 

"Whatever." He muttered as he stepped out to the hallway and closed the door behind him. "If you two are trying to sneak around behind my back, don't bother. I'll save you the effort and giving you the apartment the whole night. I'm going out."

Hyukjae's mouth dropped at Kyuhyun's talent to make things worse for him before hitting his arm. The latter yelped then glared at Hyukjae as he rubbed his arm up and down furiously. 

"Yah! Why'd you hit me?" 

Hyukjae just made a face at him but then heard the sweet sound of Donghae's amused laughter right next to him and was once again made aware of the awkward situation his mind came up with. earlier Without any provocation from anybody, Hyukjae slumped his arm around Kyuhyun's shoulder and brought him closer to him for a seemingly friendly hug all while squeezing his shoulders as hard as he could to signal him to keep his mouth shut. 

"Haha-- that-that's right! I forgot we have that thing tonight." Hyukjae let out a very obvious fake laugh and made eye contact with Kyuhyun to let him know to go along with it. Donghae saw and decided to play along as well. 

"Oh really?" He asked with genuine interest and a smile. "Where are you off to tonight?" 

Hyukjae's mouth hung open and slyly glanced at Kyuhyun on the side which only made the other roll his eyes at Hyukjae's ridiculousness. 

"I'm going to Sapphire." Kyuhyun answered Donghae, just slightly emphasizing the first word in the process.

Hyukjae had no idea where or what "Sapphire" was but he didn't need to know because all he cared about was that he could use it as an excuse to put some distance between him and Donghae while he got his head together. 

"Sapphire! Yes. Kyu...Kyu and I are going to Sapphire." 

Unfortunately for him, Donghae knew exactly what Sapphire was. 

"Oh really? That's interesting." Donghae's look of amusement went from Kyuhyun and made direct eye contact with Hyukjae, barely able to contain the laugh he was trying so hard not to let slip. "You know...my friend actually owns that club."

Kyuhyun felt Hyukjae's body still at the mention of the word "club" and "my friend" from Donghae's mouth but he was too excited to hear the prospects of Donghae's meaning to pay him any attention. 

"I could probably get access to the VIP rooms no problem."

"Of course you can." Hyukjae's soft deadpan comment was overshadowed by Kyuhyun's happy screech and shameless show of gratitude by jumping on Donghae and hugging him as tight as he could. 

"Oh my gosh, you're seriously so unbelievable!" Kyuhyun commented and took his phone out to tell his friends about Donghae's offer. "I seriously don't know what you see in this monkey but if it doesn't work out, I have other friends who I know would be more than interested."

"Yah!" Hyukjae yelled and would have hit him over the head if it wasn't for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter