Chapter 3

The Binding Angel

CHAPTER 3

I am sorry for disturbing but, can you help me for today, Yejin-ssi? the manly nervous voice could be heard after he cleared his throat. Yoona couldnt help but covering not to speak a word. She was in awe seeing Yejin being called by the CEO.

Ahhsure.. daepyo-nim..I will be there after I finish my work.. Yejin said gingerly, trying to prioritize her work first.

Uhmm... Thank you, Yejin-ssi.. he hangs up his phone in hurry. Yejin and Yoona looked at each other, blinking their eyes in unison.

OMO Eonni, how can he know your number? She asked her still being curious.

I dont know either…” Yejin blinked her eyes too. I should finish it as fast as possible. It might be Nana who wants me to be there.. Yejin remembered Nana, the one who would call her for sure other than her CEO.

Are you sure it wasnt our CEO who needs you the most? Yoona , shrugging her shoulder to Yejins.

Impossible.. she mumbled flatly.

Euuhhmm Eonni ..., can't you feel that your face becomes redder..wouw...I feel there would be something happen with you.. Yoona narrowed her eyes with a sly smile.

Dont make any rumor heressstt.. Yejin whispered to her.

Understand.. haaah I cant wait for the good news.. Yoona chuckled.

******((()))******

Yejin-ssiPlease come inside! Our Daepyo-nim is waiting for you.. middle-age man with his glasses greeted her politely, which made her bowed back to him. His hand gestured pointing at the door and opened it for Yejin.

Thank You, sir., Yejin said while bowing.

Youre welcome, miss Yejin.. he smiled before shutting the door up and Yejin entered her CEOs room with her jaw opened. The room was three times bigger than her living room at home. It is divided into two areas. The one was filled with pinky small baby bed and dolls, while on the opposite was the CEOs working table. They divided the two areas with a sofa and table for guests in the middle of it. The room was neatly set except for Nanas part. Hyunbin played with Nana on her bed and diverted his focused hearing that Yejin had came to the room.

Eommaa…” Nana called her with Eomma again right after she came inside. Appaayook..! Nana with her baby voice ordered Hyunbin to look at Yejin by pointing her finger. Hyunbin then took a glance and greeted her with a smile. He brought Nana in his embrace and walked toward her.

Nana-ya..lets greet aunty.. he asked Nana to greet her and in a second Nana bowed to Yejin. Good girl.. Hyunbin smiled rubbing her hair lightly. Automatically, Nana expanded her arms to get Yejins embrace.

AigooNana-ya, Good girl., Yejin said as she had Nana on her embrace. Aunty Yejin misses you.. she tightened her embrace, which made Nana chuckling loudly.

Uhmmsorry for disturbing you, Yejin-ssi...But I have a meeting in an hour. It might end late at night and I cant leave Nana for that long. So, I need your help badly .. he awkwardly asked her. His hand scratched his nape even though it wasnt itchy.

Ah. Sure, daepyo-nim..It is fine…” Yejin gave a slight smile to her CEO. The facial expression of her CEO, attract her more to help him. He looked extremely tired this time with his dark bag eyes.

Thank youYejin-ssi.. he slightly bowed his back, making her felt uneasy.

It is fine Daepyo-nim., Yejin replied his slight bow. Hyunbin took Nanas bag and his bag in a hurry and made sure that the had turned off all the air conditioner and electronics in his room before he left.

Uhmm lets go to my car. I will bring you to your home.. Hyunbin led the way to the car.

Excuse me.. daepyo-nim.. Yejin stopped his step unconsciously with her body covered the door. Is it fine If I took Nana with me to the hospital..daepyo-nim? I should take a look at my mother, she asked gingerly.

Ahhh.. it is fine Yejin-ssi I am extremely fine as long as Nana is with you. I am sorry you might be burdened you this way. But I cant avoid the meeting and I couldnt handle it for all.. Hyunbin reassured her. Thank you so much, Yejin-ssi..

*****((()))*****

Hyunbin washed his hands on the sink, after doing his matter in the restroom. The meeting was being later than it should be done. He checked his wrist, showed that it almost midnight on his watch. Fortunately, tomorrow was Saturday, he could take a rest for the whole day if he wasnt a single -father.

Imagining of Nana made him exhaled his breath and forgot that all day in a deep slumber wish. He tugged a smile, her daughter would take him on a trip to the zoo or amusement park. Even if she was still way long to be understood, but the view of people and animals would amuse her, other than being caged in his apartment all day. He washed away his whole day rest thought, it would be a tough journey for him and Nana.

The voice of someone who came to the washroom tickled his peripheral vision to take a look. The gesture of a man with a formal tuxedo-like him, putting him in the conclusion that he might go on a meeting as him. The restaurant itself was often being booked by a businessman for meeting out of the working time. It served good dishes and a 24-hours open restaurant that suited for the workaholic businessman to go.

Long time no see. Hyunbin-ssi.. a familiar voice that made Hyunbins jaw tightened. The man took a side on him, fixing his not very disheveled hair. Still being overproud of himself' he thought while grinned not so friendly smile. 2 years or 3 years??? weve met but you didnt change a bit.. the man burst his thought nonchalantly, ignoring Hyubin furious facial expression.

The man stopped his word sarcastically. You look thinner than before. Is life going well to you? the man sarcastically blurted his thought and tightened his jaw holding back his long-time emotion. He wanted to ask further, but the last incident prevents him to do that. He tried to do slight chitchatting and got him closer to Hyunbin before he declared his urge.

Jung Jaehyuk-ssiMy life is not your problem.. but yours is.. Hyunbin said right on his face gave him a dead look, before leaving him.

*****((()))*****

It was 01.00 AM and she couldnt sleep waiting for her CEO to come and pick his daughter which had slept soundlessly a long time ago. Yejin patted Nanas thigh lightly to put her in a deep sleep on Yejins bed. The CEO didnt call her since then, which made her even worried, she checked the clock on the wall, frowning. The phone which was put on the bedside table vibrated and made Yejin turned her head to the bedside, slowly taking the phone to see the one who called her past midnight.

The screen showed that Daepyo-nim name widened her eyes, sighing in relief. She slowly woke up and took small steps away from her bed not to wake Nana up. She picked up the phone after she reached the front side of her small house.

Hello, daepyo-nim..

Hello... Yejin-ssi.. The unfamiliar voice talked on the other side of the phone. I am the called driver who had been phoned by the owner, I cant ask him, he is already knocked out. The phone owner is drunk so bad and I dont know, 'where is Nana' I am sorry but I just scrolled the latest person he called..

Ahh. it's fine ahjussi. Nana is with meyou can bring him to my house. She answered worriedly. Yejin mentioned her address fast. Right after she hung the phone up, she took her blazer and her purse leaving the house.

She waited for her CEO in front of her house patiently in case the driver couldnt reach her house. After almost thirty minutes of waiting, the black SUV car appeared not far from the place she was standing. The car slowly moved forward, searching for the right address. Her hand waved to the car knowing that it was her CEOs car. The car accelerated to her and stopped right on her side. The side window was opened slowly and a young man who must be the called driver greeted her.

Excuse me, Son Yejin-ssi?? the man asked to confirm her identity.

I am Son Yejin.. she nodded. Can you park the car over there? she pointed to the empty warehouse which had from wide space for the car to be parked in.

Sure.. the man parked the car in front of the place she pointed in. Yejin followed the car from behind.

The man who had parked the car opened the backseat door and there he was lying helplessly, mumbling unclearly words. The man helped Hyunbin to stand up and Yejin closed the door before following the man. Yejin put the other arm and walked beside Hyunbin.

Right after they reached Yejin's house, the man put him on the floor near the main door. CEO's back against the wall as there was no sofa in her house. She paid for the called driver and closed the door in hurry. The strong smell of alcohol poked her nose as she waved her hand in front of her nose.

Na..na..yaa Appa has come.. he mumbled with his eyes shut. Yejin hand gripped his arms after seeing his body was ready to fall on the floor. The distance between her and him tickled her heart suddenly. It was beating so hard until the voice of her heart deafened her ear. The sudden grip of Yejin surprised him until his eyes slowly opened but still being tipsy.

Oh... Yejin-ssi.. he giggled and tried to set his back against the wall again. Yejin helped him to walk to the bedroom, so he could take a rest. He stood up being wobbly and his body fully fell on Yejins small body while his head fell on her shoulder.

"Yejin-ssi.." he lifted his head until his nose closed their gap touching Yejin's. His eyes stared deeply at Yejin's eyes, showing his untold story behind them. The bloodshot red, pain, and remorse united on his stifled tears.

"Yejin-ssi...It's a relief that it was you.." He hiccuped and laughed soundlessly while his hand suddenly grabbed the star pendant on her necklace. Yejin can't fully understand what he was trying to say. The strong alcohol smell couldn't be hidden from him also he was not in a normal state.

"Daepyo-nim.." her voice suddenly turned him into a serious one.

Yejin-ssiI am tired.. he said in his drunken state seriously. His head fell again on her shoulder snuggling to find his comfort. Yejin who felt that her blazer slightly being wet, frozen up hearing that sentence. Her heartbeat increased drastically, flowing its blood to her face giving flushed red color on her cheeks. Gingerly, she put her hand caressing his back lightly tried coaxing him. Yejins heart beat harder when she touched his back. He was the first man she coaxed with. The story of him amused her and saddened her at the same time.

It would be fine. she coaxed her drunken CEO. someday.. she added after paused for a while.

I am tired…” he cried releasing his stress. I need help.. he sobbed weakly on her shoulder. She caressed his back slowly, keeping the silence and giving him a chance to let out his burden. Seeing her CEO helpless condition was far from her imagination. The most perfect and reliable one who still needed someone to throw his grudges up. Of course, he had many things to be handled by himself which it must be harder for a single-father that also led the big company. Suddenly, his sobbed stop and his head slowly lifted still being drunken. His hands were still grabbing Yejin's arms, finding his balance.No.. I dont need helphehhehehe I can uhm urggghhh. Hyunbin threw up on her blazer even before finishing his sentence and messed the whole thing up.

*****((()))*****

He woke up with the worst pain in his head. His hand grabbed his hair tightly to lessen up his throbbed pain. The back of him felt the hard thing that was just covered with a thin blanket that hurt his back badly. Slowly, he woke up and turned his head to see that he slept on the floor that night. The blanket which covered him, slipped until it reaches his waist. The sudden cold made him nodded his head which showed his shirtless upper body.

Aisshh…” he bit his lower lip, thinking that he might be done something last night. He lifted his blanket and peeked with one of his eyes scared that he did something wrong last night. Hufff…” he exhaled in relief seeing his boxer still wrapped his waist. It was better than he thought. He didn't do something that would mess him up more.

He turned his head to the right and found a single bed with pink accessories on it and his daughter blanket was folded on top of it. He thought that he must be in Yejins house. His eyes caught a clock that showed 11.00 AM. He woke up and searched for the restroom. He needed to clean himself after smelling his body which smells like a . There was no one in the house other than him.

His steps brought him to the dining table which was located not far from the bedroom. The house was small enough to be lived with. His eyes roamed the place and suddenly found a note on the dining table which had a bowl of hangover soup.

Daepyo-nim.

I am sorry daepyo-nim. I am going to the hospital with Nana, Nurse Yang has called me this early morning.

In case you would wake up before I am home, I made a hangover soup for you. I have put a towel and new clothes in the bathroom, in case you want to clean yourself up.

-Son Yejin-

The written note tugged his lips into a smile. He turned his head to the nearest door which was one meter beside the dining table. He stunned by the place.

She might live her life hard.. he mumbled before entered the bathroom.

*****((()))*****

Yejin walked weakly after coming out from the administration office. Nana held Yejin's hand tightly while embracing her doll. Nanas eyes kept looking above to Yejin who was much taller than her, making sure that she was okay. Nana didn't understand every single word that was burst by Yejin and the administrator. Her language capability was the worst among them the older. One thing she knew that Yejin was sad by her face. Nana kept catching up with Yejin step with her small steps until she stopped her step. Yejin stopped her way, feeling Nana's gripped tighten on her.

"Eomma...Sad?" Nana's baby voice distracted Yejin from her messed up mind. Yejin looked up through Nana's eyes. Nana waved her hand signing that Yejin should bend down to her. Yejin bent down obediently, reaching her tiny body. Suddenly, Nana hugged her and patted her shoulder recklessly. "Fine...Fine.." Nana spells the word that might reassure Yejin. The way she copied when Yejin reassure her when she was upset tickled Yejin hard. Yejin held her laugh and hugged Nana back.

"How clever our princess Nana is.." Yejin praised her which made Nana giggled.

Eomma...Nana wants chocolate milk.. Nana requested a drink.

"Aigooo... You are very good at talking...Uwaaa... How proud Appa would be.." Yejin praised her once again which made Nana clapped her hands happily. "Should we buy one?" Yejin offered Nana with her baby voice.

"Yes, Eomma.." Nana giggled happily.

*****((()))*****

Hyunbin took a seat in the dining room enjoying the hangover soup Yejin had made. The white t-shirt and black sweatpant Yejin bought on the market in the morning fit his body perfectly. The detailed things Yejin prepared before she left, helped him much. He couldn't think of anything that would be happened if he was by himself. 'What will Nana do? What will he be when last night's condition happens?'. He was being thankful for her help.

The sweet and baby's conversation outside tugged him into a smile. The conversation between Yejin and his baby was the most random, which still attracted him to hear the whole conversation. Suddenly, the main door was opened and a high-toned voice appeared.

"I am home.." they shouted happily didn't care about something inside. Hyunbin stood up approaching them.

"APPAAAA...." Nana screamed in a dolphin voice which widened his father's smile on her. Hyunbin expanded and took Nana on his embrace. Nana hugged her father tightly and chuckled happily.

"Aigooo..our daughter is clever... Appa misses you.." he showered her face with sweet kisses while Nana snuggled on him happily. "Yejin-ssi... I am very thankful for your help yesterday and today. I owed you a lot.." he said sincerely.

"No... Daepyo-nim..its fine.." she replied casually.

"Yejin-ssi...." Hyunbin's word suddenly stopped when Nana kissed him on his cheeks recklessly. "Nana-yaa...Do you miss Appa?" He faced Nana fully forgetting his words to Yejin and he started to tickle Nana's tummy and it made her laugh out loud.

"Excuse me...Daepyo-nim.." Yejin voice distracted him and he turned his face to her with his big smile.

*****((()))*****

Yejin stood up nervously in front of Lee Hyeokjae's room. She had been waiting for almost minutes with a white envelope in her hand. She kept looking at the envelope and in deep thought again. Her finger tickled the envelope and her heels knocked up in a rhythm. Yejin took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. 'It would be extremely fine' she put that words on her mind.

'Knock Knock'

She hides the envelope behind her back and knocked on the door slowly. On the third attempt, a voice replied to the knocked door.

" Come inside.." the voice inside told her to come. Yejin opened the door slowly and entered the room. She closed the door behind her and approached the manager's desk slowly. Lee Hyeokjae diverted his eyes from the document he read, to her presence. "Why Yejin-ah?" He asked her.

"Good afternoon Manager-nim.." she bowed lightly, greeted him.

"Why?" Yejin handed the envelope to his desk and bowed for once again. Lee Hyeokjae looked up into the envelope and lifted carefully. The envelope with 'Resignation Letter' written on it, surprised him. "What happen?".

"Thank you for your help these times manager-nim. .." she bowed for the last before leaving the room. Lee Hyeokjae was left dumbfounded and he kept looking at the letter.

"I am indeed being hard to her these times, but It is not what I mean," he mumbled tilting his head while looking at the door that was closed by Yejin.

-to be continued-

Author' note :

Let's support Binjin wholeheartedly and full of responsibility ^^

Thank you for reading and supporting ^^

Kindly check my other Oneshot's Compilation Stories on Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^