Chapter 2

The Binding Angel

CHAPTER 2

Yejin was sitting in front of the operation room with uneasy postures for hours. She bit her nails nervously wishing that her mother would survive for her. The most agitated moment of her life, waiting for more than 6 hours that also ran out her energy.

The clock showed 05.00 AM already, but the doctor seemed not to be going out soon. The thought of her mother was lying on the operating bed arouse her worry, she kept on praying for her mother knowing who was on critical ages for getting surgery. She was holding her necklace with a star pendant, praying for her mothers healthiness outside that also relieve her nerve.

Yejin still didnt get a rest since she got home from work yesterday night. The operation schedule that was made in a short time, forcing her to follow the schedule even though she was deadly tired. She ran out of energy, but she couldnt shut her eyes just for a minute, her mind went somewhere and worried about what had happened to her mother inside, which took hours without knowing the progression.

The one Yejin hope was she wanted to spend her time with her mother more. She relieved her tears feeling emotional because her mind brought back her memories with her mother. Thinking about her mother which turned to be single-mother at a young age, who raised Yejin by herself, after her father passed away since Yejin was still a kid. The journey was tough but they passed it together. They spent their time together in a small restaurant that sells yangnyeom chicken in a traditional market, that they owned since Yejins father was alive. Sometimes, her mother was lacking in money and should take a loan to make Yejins school fee kept on paid. Sometimes, they didn't have money for a meal. Sometimes, they were protecting each other from the bad words from the people around them. Every time she thought about her mothers struggle to raise her well, made her tears flowing like a river.

Ms. Son.. a familiar voice approached her. Nurse Yang and the male doctor, who stood up beside her after coming out from the operation room. Yejin naturally stood up and looked at them in worry.

How about the operation doctor? she said while shedding the tears she got earlier leaving a red nose and puffy eyes on her face.

For today, the operation is successful, but we should observe the condition because the cancer metastases to another organ, so we should keep on eye on her and for some time. We will do our best to keep on her. The doctor explained the condition carefully.

Thank you, doctor. Yejin bowed respectfully to him.

*******((()))*****

Yejin stood up in front of the receptionist counter at 09.00 AM after looking at her mother's condition through the glass again.

The mother was laid in one of the Intensive Care Units beds, that she couldnt approach her, especially after the surgery. She should wait until she was moved to the general ward.

She didn't have time for a rest, her job makes her go as soon as her mother was moved from the operation room. It was a relief, she could breathe after the surgery and make sure that her mother's surgery was successful indeed. She directly went to the restroom to get ready for work.

Her unusual eyes told everyone besides her that she should get some rest, especially Yoona who was standing beside her for the whole day. Her puffy eyes and black panda eyes indicated her that she just took a long good sleep. Yoona just kept a silence knowing that she was coming straight after her mother's surgery and chose to get some kimbab and orange juice for Yejin's breakfast along her way to the company.

The CEOs car was parked in front of the main door just in time, which automatically called for workers to get themselves ready to greet the one who led the company especially for Yoona and Yejin who worked as the front officer.

**

The CEO of the company who would never go to work late which was positive indeed. He was so upright, charismatic, and responsible for every person around him. The glimpse of a man opened the door car followed by a person coming to CEO hurriedly, was a usual view. The CEO needed someone to park his car in the basement, so it helped him to go to his office faster. The CEO came out from the car opened the passenger car door behind, brought a little girl on his hug, and lifted two big bags which could differed the owner even from afar. The shining black work bag was him and the pink one was his daughter's.

His daughter looked so clingy to him and hug his neck. The CEO didn't bother with his daughter's acts and just put on a huge smile when his daughter started to play with his cheek and laughed constantly. The low sound of babbling daughter called him appa and pointed at the doll she hugged tightly draw her fathers attention and made him focused on her ignoring the workers around him who were taking a bow. His smiling face couldnt fade away because of his daughter's presence and they looked like the owner of the world.

Son Yejin.. Dont you believe that our CEO has a daughter? Yoonas voice surprised Yejin from her side.

I know., she said lazily remembering the incidents two days ago.

How can you know?, Yoona widened her eyes looking at Yejin flat-tired face.

Yah..look forward. Dont you want to greet him? Yejin whispered to Yoona and turned her flat-tired face into a smile. Yoona stepped aside from her position and smiled right away. They were ready to greet him.

Eomma.. a little girl's voice shocked Yoona and also the workers in the room. The CEO and the baby walked toward them casually ignoring some shocking faces.

Aunty Yejin.. the CEO led her to call Yejin as aunty, as calm as he was. Her hands tried to embrace Yejin, but Hyunbin brought her hand back to hug his neck again not letting Nana disturb Yejin on her work.

Annyeong haseyo (Good Morning) Daepyonim.. Yejin and Yoona said in unison and bowed to the CEO and the little girl on his hug.

AppaEomma.. little girls voice kept babbled the words together innocently, which raised awkwardness between them in front of the workers.

Annyeong Nana-ya... Aunty misses you. Yejin tried to break down the ice with her awkward smile. She held Nanas freehand instead of ignoring the little girl which would make Nana sad. She shook Nana's hand lightly, smiling. Nana giggled and held Yejins hand tightly feeling good in the early morning.

Eomma.. the little girl babbled again.

Aunty Yejin.. Yejin and Hyunbin tried to lead Nana to call her correctly at the same time. Nana's hand tried to hold Yejin in full embrace again which already make a silent commotion between the workers, especially Yoona who stood up beside them. Yoona felt that she was left out of the situation.

Aunty Yejin must work. Lets go to Appas room. There are dolls inside. He persuaded Nana softly, knowing he took too much time on greeting his workers. He then bowed slightly to Yejin and Yoona before leaving for his room.

The sight of the CEO, his daughter, and Yejin attracted the people in the room. They whispered and judged Yejin appearance silently after hearing that small talks between them, it surely made her feel uneasy.

Yah Eonni... How do you know them? I thought you wouldnt put any interest before. Yoona whispered to her. Yejin, who was looking at people around them who started bickering to each other while judging at her, sat on her seat calmly and coughed out. Yoona looked at people around and silently following Yejin to take a seat.

I dont know.. it just happen.. Yejin answered in low voice.

Yah eonni why did the little girl..

Nana.. Yejin cut her words, sighing.

Why did Nana call you Eomma? Are You??!?? Yoona covered , thinking that Yejin might be in a relationship with the CEO before.

Ani it is not like what you are thinking about…” Yejin sighed and gave Yoona a sharp glare, feeling bad.

keuresso eonni.tell me something.. Yoona tried to dig in her curiosity.

Heheey... You two dont work…”, a man voice broke their conversation. They automatically stood up and bowed to greet him.

Anyyeong haseyo manager-nim., they said in unison.

Yejin-ssi it's good to see you work on time.. Lee Hyeokjae said sarcastically.

Hmm...I always come on time manager-nim.. Yejin shyly answered with an innocent smile.

Look now, you are brave enough to talk back to me. Lee Hyeokjae answer pissed her off, but she remained calm. Her step-mother was playing with her emotions for so long. So, it wasn't a new thing for her, until she was brave enough to reply to his sarcastic words.

Manager-nim Is there any possibility If I take a loan for this month? Yejin asked him cutely remembering her mother's surgery that was done that early morning.

Woaaahhhh.are you crazy Yejin-ah? Lee Hyeokjae left them with his finger rolling on his temple signing a crazy person. Not only sarcastic step-mother, but also niggard one.

"I think I can't.." she sheepishly smiled after he left them. Yejin and Yoona looked at him with a deep glare before they sat down.

That son of…” Yejin stopped her words and looked at Yoona furiously. He wants to play with me..that basthuuu relax.. Yejin holds not to slipped bad words on her works and lift her hands up and down in front of her chest and exhale her breath.

Be patient Eonni.. Yoona patted Yejins shoulder lightly giving reassurance.

*******((()))********

Yeoboseyo (Hello) ..Nurse Yang How is my mothers condition? she said on the phone in front of the womens restroom during a break time.

Your mother is still in a critical state but please keep praying on her..

ahh.. thank you nurse Yang.. she replied weakly and hang up the phone. It is still far from okay.. she mumbled and exhaled her breath. Her head turned down while suddenly a red liquid dropped onto her shoes. Naturally, her hand touched her nose and found that she was bleeding. She lifted her head and went to the restroom fast to get it done.

The whole situation was seen by someone far. The view itself led him to go closer to her. He was Hyunbin, who decided to get some fresh air in case her daughter getting bored in his room. Hyunbin with his daughter in his embrace, stood away from Yejin not making a sound. His daughter was also being silent other than bubbly out of nowhere. The appearance of her with a nose bleed, made him feel bad for her. He just knew that she should be on the work and being on her mothers side in the hospital.

'She must be tired he thought.

Eommaa..eommaa.. aappaa.. Nanas sudden mumbled bringing him back to reality. Her little finger pointed to the restroom indicating that she wanted to go there.

Still Eomma? Aunty.. he explained to Nana patiently. He didn't want to make any rumors about Yejin, the front officer, and him in the company.

He chose to wait for Yejin in front of the restroom. After waiting for minutes, Yejin went out of the restroom while dapped her dirty uniform with a tissue.

Eomma.. Nanas voice attracted Yejin to see her. Yejin turned her head and saw the little girl smiling at her which also curved her lips into a smile. Nanas hands sprawled as she longed for a hug from Yejin. Eomma.. the little girl giggled inviting Yejin to pick her from her father's hug.

Nana-yaa. Aunty Yejin misses you.. naturally Yejin mumbled and got responses from the little girl with giggles.

eehmm.. Hyunbin coughed to get their attention.

Ahh. I am sorry Daepyo-nim.. Yejin bowed slightly to him.

Ehmmm...How about getting lunch together, since it's time for her to get some? Hyunbin asked Yejin, which made her blinked in a confusion.

*******(((()))))*******

Hyunbin tried to put on Nanas bib which seemed difficult to do, which led Yejin naturally taking a charge.

I am sorry Daepyo-nim.. but it should be put like this.. Yejin explained to him carefully, trying not to make him bad.

Ohh I see…” Hyunbin smiled awkwardly. Its a new thing for me after her Nanny left her…” he explained to Yejin who sat in front of her with Nana.

Oh I see daepyo-nimI am sorry daepyonim, If it doesnt bother you, Nanas mother?? Yejin carefully burst her curiousness these times.

Hyunbin gulped his throat, feeling uneasy with the question. Seeing the appearance made Yejin felt bad after asking those kinds of questions.

I am sorry daepyo-nim.. I am wrong I just curious about Nana who called me Eomma .." she added before getting the answer, in case she didn't want her CEO feeling awkward.

It is okay. Seems like she wants to meet her mother.. he chuckled but it didn't reach his eyes.

AhhI am sorry.. she said uneasily

They kept the silence in awkwardness, except for Nana who has happily babbled some words to Yejin, until the food they had ordered coming.

Hyunbin took a bit of his food silently, while Yejin helped Nana to take a good meal. Yejin and Nanas view silently turned his lips into a slight smile. Sometimes, he took a glance at Yejin while eating and mesmerized her in a silent.

Foodd..eomma.. Nanas little finger tried to feed Yejin with the food she had. Yejin took a bit and gave her a smile which made her giggled and clapped her hand happily.

Thank You…” Yejin said nodding her head to Nana. Nana kept doing the things that gave him a conclusion that Nana loves Yejin. It tickled his heart. How can she easily love a stranger this fast? his thought arose his bitterness remembering Nanas mother. She even didnt want to meet Nana, since Nana was born.

Honey…” a woman's voice came closer to the table. Yejin turned her focus to the woman who came to Hyunbin. Yejin naturally nodded, giving a slight bow knowing that it must be CEOs woman and she might be Nanas mother.

What are you doing? Hyunbin who was surprised after turned his face to the woman, greeted her coldly.

How come you be like this? I miss you.. she acted clingy to Hyunbin which put Yejin in an awkward situation. Yejin tried to keep playing with Nana ignoring the view she had seen.

Let's go somewhere.. Hyunbin grabbed the woman's hand to go somewhere else which couldnt be seen by Yejin and Nana.

Nana-yaIs she your mother? Yejin asked her cutely.

Nyoo...Nyooo…” Nanas little finger waved signing a NO and kept slurping the meal in front of her. Eommaa..eat.. Nana took a little meal and feed Yejin once again. Nana giggled and clapped her hand after feeding Yejin which made her feel special.

Hyunbin came again after Yejin cleaned up Nana and her meal. He looked a bit messy while his hand took a glass of water in front of him and took a seat.

I am sorry... I will finish it in no time.. Hyunbin said as he started munching his almost untouched meal. He took his meal in hurry.

Take your time daepyo-nim.. it would make a problem for your stomach.. Yejin said as she felt bad looking at him who didnt have time to just make himself comfortable. For days when her CEO started to bring his daughter, she often saw him busy with works and Nana. He didnt even get a rest. His appearance was different since he brought Nana to the company. He looked a little bit messy but still tried to look tidy at least. His hair and his tie sometimes looked disheveled even it turned out like it was being styled.

Oh.. he startled with her words to take time enjoying the meal. Yejin kept playing with Nana and brought Nana on her embrace to walk around the restaurant, giving him some alone so he could munch his meal in peace. It could be heard Nanas laughed and babbled to every word Yejin had spoken. Nana was indeed a smart kid. No wonder that she was the CEOs daughter. She tried to copy Yejins words and her pronunciation almost clearly for kids around her age. It showed that her father taught her so well. She was lovely and full of laughter. They took a long time together and didnt even realize that Hyunbin had done the payment.

Ehmm.. Hyunbin cleared his throat to get Yejins attention, didnt know other ways to break the lovey-dovey moment of Yejin and Nana.

Oh.. daepyo-nim.. she turned her face to Hyunbin. He smiled at Nana and sprawled his hand to get Nanas embrace.

Come to Appa... Aunty Yejin must be tired.. Hyunbin said as Nana went to his embrace. Alright, our pretty daughter.." he caressed Nanas back lightly "Thank you Yejin-ssi…”.

*****((()))*****

Yejin the lamp in her house. The house she left before her mother got the surgery. That day was the busiest ever day for her. She didnt even get to sleep after her mother's surgery. She had visited her mother, but the nurse preferred her to get some sleep because she looked tired. Her mother's condition was stable already, but still unconscious that might be caused by age. She put her heels on the shoe rack tiredly.

The house she left for two days was still neat and the same as she left. Her house was tidy and clean for someone busy with her works and also with her hospitalized mother. She went to her dressing table and cleaned up her makeup before she gets a refreshing shower.

After she got a refreshing bath, she took ramen from her kitchen drawer to fill her empty stomach. She the stove and boiled the water. Waiting for the boiling water, she took her phone and scrolled for the picture of her and Nana that day. Nanas face didnt resemble her dad face, It just a little bit of CEO's facial feature on her. She chuckled imagining that Nana's mother had stronger gen that could beat CEOs.

How lucky her mother is? She doesnt need to be jealous with her Dad, because Nana just takes a little bit of Daepyo-nims feature. She giggled.

"Ani... where is her mother? How pity Nana is.." but she turned sad knowing the fact that Nana might miss her mother so much until she called her Eomma. She exhaled her breath hard.

She put the ramen on the water after hearing the sound of boiled water moving the pot lid.

******((()))*****

Yejin sat on the receptionist seat, typing on her computer for the weekly report that should be done that day, before the weekend.

Ahhhh finished…” Yoona stretched her arms highly and shouted happily. I should inform Joon-ie Oppa to pick me up.. she was smiling like crazy and focusing on chatting with him.

Date again? Seems like he is well trained. Yejin asked her while her eyes still absorbed into the computer.

Bingoo Eonni. His latest book became a best seller...so he brings me up for shopping.." Yoona smiled like a fool remembering her most loyal boyfriend.

"Upps...I am sorry Eonni.." Yoona then realized she had said in some minutes. She shut her lips tightly.

"It's okay... I am really fine here.." she replied casually. Yoona who felt wrong, nudging at her shoulder lightly.

"Ahh...Shouldnt you have one Eonni? So, we can do a double date together,.. Yoona tried to break the ice to divert the latest topic happily, hugging her tightly.

Forget it, how can I have one? Yejin replied flatly.

Yah Eonni.. but you are an Eomma now. Yoona said out of nowhere, teased Yejin after hearing a girl called Yejin as her Eomma to distract Yejin from her latest reckless words. Her shoulder shrugged on Yejins and made a wink with a deep meaning smile on her.

I am not! Yoona yaa... Yejin stopped her activity and faced her.

Yah Eonni, dont you know that our CEO is a single-father? Yoona brought her seat toward Yejins in hurry.

I know., Yejin said casually which surprised Yoona. Hearing those casual words on Yejins mouth made Yoona covered .

OMO OMO Eonni...How can you know? Yoona added digging her curiosity and brought her upper body near Yejins

Just know.. Yejin shrugged her shoulders a little bit tilting her head aside.

But, Eonni the mother was still a mystery .. Yoona said dramatically. Yejin mind went to the day when the CEO was approached by a woman in a restaurant when she was with him. The woman might be linked to him, which unreachable for Yejin to dig her curiosity on her most mysterious CEO.

She might be there outside.

You know that too??? Yoona widened her eyes in shock. Dont tell me that you know why our CEO brings his daughter with him to work lately ? Yoona asked her. Yejin who was startled by the question started thinking.

Uhmmwhy? I dont know., she replied blinking her eyes.

The gossip said that because the former nanny and his assistant abused the daughter., Yoona whispered to her. Yejin covered his mouth, surprised by the unbelievable fact.

How pity she is.. that is why I saw some almost healing wound and bruises on her hands and legs, Yejin remembered the first time she holds her, the little girl wiggled on her hug, feeling uneasy and kept crying. Unconsciously, while she caressed her lightly, she saw some bruises on Nanas hands which shocked her more.

It was the first time she thought that it might be her CEO who did it, but on other hand, her CEO talk smoothly and lovingly to Nana at that time. She ever thought that the CEO was the most bastard man when suddenly, it turned out that it was someone else who did that. Knowing the fact, she felt bad for Nana.

And now How about our CEOs life?" Yejin carefully asked Yoona and grew her curiosity toward him. She put her body faced Yoona totally, digging her CEO information which interested her more.

He is searching for trusted Nanny, while he is searching, he brings his daughter with him. He is still being traumatized with Nanny and daycare things. OMOHow good he is as a father?? Yoona put her chin on her hands acted cutely.

It must be the reason why our CEOs suit looked a bit untidy," Yejin mumbled sighing.

If I am a good enough as a woman, I am willingly become his girl…” Yoona imagined with her hand clapped like praying, smiling. Yejin knocked her head lightly.

Yahh.. Yejin burst into laughter.

Yah Eonni why dont you be the one? Nana and CEO seem to like you so much. Yoona asked her randomly.

Which one? Nanny? Girlfriend? Yejin blushed red after she burst that bluntly words out, playing with Yoonas game.

Both of them...Yaaahh dont you say that you want to be the one?" Yoona said casually teasing and nudging Yejns shoulder.

YahAre you kidding me? Yejin cleared and turned her facial expression into the flat one. Their conversation suddenly being interrupted by the voice of Yejins phone. The unknown number appeared on her phone screen and vibrated on the top of the desk. Yejin took the phone and picked up the call carefully.

Yejin is here.. Hello? Yejin answered the call politely.

Yejin-ssi... I am Hyubin .. the familiar voice greeted her and it was the CEO.

Yes, Daepyonim.. Yejin sat straight automatically after hearing the voice like she usually did.

Daepyonim..?? Huh?? Yoona mumbled unconsciously, the one who was also surprised to put her ear closer to the phone so that she could hear her CEOs voice.

I am sorry for disturbing but,..." he stopped for a while. "can you help me for today, Yejin-ssi? the manly nervous voice could be heard after he cleared his throat.

 

-to be continued-

 

Korean Words :

Keuresso : So / So that

Author's note :

Let's support binjin with full of responsibility ^^

Kindly check out my other stories and also burst out your thought about this story ^^

Thank you for reading and supporting my stories ^^