Chapter 6

The Binding Angel

CHAPTER 6

She put the oinment on the wound on his face lightly. Her husband that was coming home with bruises all over his face shocked her in the middle of the night. She did wife things perfectly, but the one she can't do was giving her heart to him. It was arranged marriage and started with no feeling after all.

He flinched his face when her hand touched him. She put the last ointment on his face before put it back to the aid's kit.

"Are you still a kid? Can't you protect yourself better?" Seonhwa bickered to him like she usually did. Instead of being mad he turned his face into a faintly smile. Seohwa put on the band on the wound for the last and closed the aid kit without future question about her husband's condition. She picked the aid's kit and ready to leave him.

"Do you love me already?" He asked her grabbing her hand, preventing her being away. Seonhwa snatched his hand softly and put the aid's kit on the drawer.

"I told you not to harm anyone, right?" She mumbled with her redeemed mad tone. She took some new comfortable clothes for him, ignoring the change of Jaehyuk's facial expression. The loosened t-shirt and boxer was brought by her to him. Jaehyuk's eyes followed her steps around without a word and her being ignorant with his existence.

"Will you say the same if it weren't Hyunbin...Seonhwa-ya?" his jaw tightened feeling the jealousy take over him in sudden. Seonhwa froze on the place and sighed.

"Do you want to eat something ?" She asked him avoiding the quarrel thing that usually couple did. However, she wasn't there, it was the problem.

*****((()))*****

Still in the vast grassland and he looked at the girl standing beside him who was alluring with her innocence. The sunlight blinded his eyes from looking at her face, it made him narrowing his eyes..

"Oppa.." she wandered her sight far away, looking for a peace she wanted. He smiled lightly hearing her soft voice.

"I would like to name the baby with Nana.." she said as rubbed her small belly. The breeze waved her hair and dress that portrayed her happiness inside.

Not even a second after that, he was thrown to a darker room. There was a dim light through the hallway and he stood in it.

He walked slowly through it and his eyes caught a small tiny body was put in a reflected baby box in an empty room. The bed beside the baby box was empty and there was no one on the room other than the sleeping baby. He came closer to the baby box and saw a tiny body wrapped with pink robe. The baby stretched her wrapped body and yawned widely that called for his tears. He touched the baby slowly when he the tears he was holding fell on his cheek slowly. He wiped his tears and tried to give a big smile, welcoming the newborn that just started the life.

"Nana-ya...It is Appa.." he patted her tiny body holding his tears. Suddenly, the baby opened her eyes and scrunched her face feeling uncomfortable. She started crying out loud breaking the atmosphere.

He woke up with sweats all over his body feeling dizzy.

"Daepyo-nim.." a familiar voice came across his left side.

He turned his head toward her and seeing she was sitting on the bedside, holding a small wet towel. She looked surprise at his sudden awakening. She put the towel and dabbed his face lightly reducing the heat on his body.

She put her palm on his forehead checking his temperature.

He got a fever since he arrived with his bruised face. Yejin realized it when he came closer to her and his forehead touched hers that night. He also grabbed her with his two warm hands that night. The time when Nana called him, she got to calm Nana on her sleep last night. She was afraid that he might go collapse when he didn't get a rest. She pulled a reason that she was sleepy already so that he can get a good meal and also Nana couldn't see the bruises on her father's face.

Her hand put a wet towel on his forehead and followed with his hand grabbed hers. He brought her hand toward his chest and he breathed heavily. He closed his eyes feeling the warm she gave.

Yejin saw the view with her twitched heart, remembering last night. She sighed deeply and slowly tried to fix his wet upper hair softly.

"Daepyo-nim...lets have some meal first...You must eat a drug.." she said softly as he tried to wake up. Yejin helped him to get a good straight seat and gave him a glass of water first.

CEO that wouldn't ever go lose with other, slowly turned obedient to her.

Yejin then put the water on the bedside table and took a bowl of porridge she made. She took a spoonful of porridge and feed him. The last night scene still remained on his mind. It grew his nervousness around her, scared that she would change. He didn’t know what to do other than his cheek became redder. He looked at her feeling embarassed and opened his mouth slowly.

Fortunately, she didn't change.

"Appaaa.." Nana's voice came as she went inside the bedroom. Their focus distracted to a small body which walked to them happily with her pinky outfit for walk. She climbed to the bed effortlessly and threw herself toward her father. Hyunbin smiled and accepted her on his arm. A day without her, grew his longing to her.

"Our princess is already prepared. Where do you want to go, beautiful?" He smiled and snuggled her nose on hers, smelling the kid's fresh perfume that he always did.

"Appaaa... appa hurts? Eomma said that you should get a rest.." Nana said with her baby voice.

"Our Nana is clever now.." he proud of his daughter. Her daughter became chatterer since Yejin came. Her verbs increased with the help of Yejin. If there were any word higher than thank you, it definitely deserve for her.

"Appaa what is it?" She pointed at the wound he got.

"Eomma is right...Appa is hurt... it is hurt Nana -ya .." he said cutely, anticipating for her next action.

Suddenly, Nana came closer to his face and blew the wounds he got.

"Huuu...Huuu.." he chuckled at his daughter action.

"Why are you doing that?" He said limply still being dizzy, but trying to give his best smile to his only.

"Eomma did that to me when I am hurt." Hyunbin smiled remembering Yejin did the same to him last night. Nana will resemble her, if they stayed together for any longer.

"Appa can't go with you for a walk today...Is it okay? Appa should get some rest... Instead you can go with Eomma?" Yejin asked her slowly, disrupting their talks. It was her habit to go out for weekend. Unfortunately, her father couldn't take her out that day.

"Uhmmm.." she nodded and hugged her father tightly. Yejin then took a spoonful of porridge and feed him again.

'Ding dong'

They were being distracted with a bell sound. Naturally, Yejin put the bowl on the bedside table and went to open the door.

She opened the door and the woman in front of her, intimidating her existence. She also brought porridge from the famous restaurant that could be seen on the plastic bag. Her deep stare on Yejin’s grew their tension till they were stayed on a silent.

"Eommaa..." Nana went to Yejin and hugged her leg.

"Seonhwa- ya..What are you doing here?" a cracked voice of Hyunbin came closer to them. The long remained silence after Yejin left him, called him to go out.

Seonhwa saw the morning view that shouldn't be seen and she just put on a fake smile, ignoring the woman in front of her. Just after she saw Hyunbin with the bruises, she already know, it must be caused by Jaehyuk. .

"Oppa...I don't know that you still live here, I am so happy that you still stay here to let me know the place you will live in, so I can easily find you. Here, I bring a porridge you like the most.." she lifted the plastic bag happily. " I miss you, oppa.." Hyunbin gulped his throat feeling awkward toward Yejin who froze on the place. He did feel wrong with that words even he wasn't the one who said it.

The words that would actually hurt Yejin. The words that was blurted on purpose to show Yejin that Seonhwa was Hyunbin's back then. Seonhwa let out a happily smile and bent down to get a good look on the tiny body beside Yejin's leg. "Nana-ya....Hello.." she said happily waving her hand. Nana burried her face on Yejin's leg.

"Eomma.." Nana whined to Yejin.

"Eomma?? She is her Eomma?" Seonhwa frowned her eyes and looked straight to Hyunbin's eyes.

"I think I should take Nana for a walk now..daepyo-nim.." Yejin said as she took Nana on her embrace and take her bag she had prepared and left them two on the apartment, giving them a time.

*****((()))*****

"Halmeoni~~~" her squeaking dolphin voice echoed the ward loudly which made everyone on the ward giggled for her cuteness. She ran with her small steps toward Yejin's mother bed. In other hand, Yejin followed her from behind and nodded slightly to three other patients on the ward.

"Aigooo... how cute she is..Kid, do you want some candies?? " the old patient beside Yejin's mother bed offered candies to her. It was like a habit, she looked at Yejin asking for permission, and when Yejin nodded her head, she happily took the candies with her little hands.

"Thank you grandmother.." she bowed lightly to her. Nana then tried on climbing for the bed, but it was higher than the bed in apartment. She tried attempts with her grunting sound cutely made Yejin giggled.

Looking at the view, Yejin stopped Nana on climbing with her hands holding Nana’s shoulder to stay still. Yejin took off Nana's shoes first before putting Nana on her mother's safe side and she obediently laid beside her grandmother's side.

"Halmeoni, I got candies.. " she bragged showing her eye smile to her. They were closer after some meetings. Yejin who was still needed to take care of her mother and still can't leave Nana alone, brought Nana to hospital after she heard that her mother condition was safe. Surprisingly, Nana didn't whine a lot when she came to the hospital and became closer to her mother. Her mother also didn't complain to her. She was surprised at first, but when she knew the story, she understand the feeling of the little girl.

"Halmeoni...I give you one.." Nana handed a candy on her hand.

"Just one?? I need some though..." her mother .

Nana frowned to Yejin hearing the words, she started to seek for help. She was on verge of tears. Her mother chuckled at her behavior. "I know...Just one.." Yejin's mother took a candy from her little hand. They chuckled at the little girl cuteness.

"Eomma...how about your condition?" Yejin put the fruits she brought outside on the desk and peeled an apple. She took a knife and peeled it carefully. She cut the apple for dices so it can easily be eaten.

"I am good.. just focus on yours, I have friends here.." she laughed looking at the patients on the general ward.

"Eomma.." Yejin whined and gave her a slice of apple. She also didn't forget to give a small piece of apple to Nana.

"Yejin-ah.. you are already mature and I think you are ready enough to have a family yourself." She replied with her cracked voice. Yejin smiled lightly and took a seat beside her bed. She munched an apple and snuggled on her mother pillow.

She missed her touch. Yejin's mother rubbed her hair slightly chuckling. "Yah,, you have a child already.." Yejin's mother which made her laugh.

"Eomma..." Nana handed her the candy's wrapper. She had finished munching the apple and want to eat the candy.

Yejin rubbed Nana's hair and threw the candy wrapper to the trashbin.

"Aigooo.. Nana is a good eater.." she praised her.

Yejin's phone suddenly vibrated and she took the phone from her pocket. The screen written with Lee Joon's name, surprised her. There was a long time since they were keeping a contact.

"Eomma... wait a minute, I have a call.." yejin left the ward hurriedly.

*****((()))*****

Yejin took a sip of cold americano in front of her, staring at the two person that invited her. She didn't bring Nana with her to the coffe shop and Nana was playing with her mother in the hospital bed. Her mother said that she also misses Nana so, she let Nana stayed at the hospital.

She was there, facing the two lovebirds who were dating on the weekend. The opposite of her there they sat Lee Joon and Yoona which acted lovey dovey. Ignoring the couple, she felt like a third wheel. She sighed rolling her eyes and cut their moment.

"Yah.. what do you want to say, Lee Joon?" She asked curtly to the one who can't act in a such place. They cleared their throat and back to their seat like a normal couple.

"What happen with your behavior? Fix it or you can't get a boyfriend!" Joon bickered to her.

"What is your problem.?" Yejin sighed disbelief and shook her americano with straw.

"Joon-ie oppa, you underestimate Eonni. She has a child already.." Yoona stood up for Yejin sounding like a sarcas.

"Ohh.. really.. waaah..I didn't know you are that fast.." Joon's jaw opened disbelief. "Here,, Lee Mun Jeong sunbaenim number.. she is waiting for you all this time." He landed a name card in front of her.

"Huh? I am not eliminated. I think she only accepts one." She looked at the name card and then she saw Joon.

"Yah.. she likes your style too.. but you didn't come for her. I told her your story and for these times and yes, she is waiting for you. I heard that your mother has received a surgery and Yoona told me that you have already resigned from the company.." He explained the situation in a paragraph like he used to.

" waaw.. daebak...Eonni.. I will be rooting for you too.." Yoona squealed beside him. "Oppa the best.." Lee Joon then take a straw acted manly and slurped his coffee bragging the scene. In other hand, Yoona snuggling at his shoulder happily.

"Really.." Yejin held her smile not to burst into laugh hiding her excitement. 'Is it time for her again?'

*****((()))*****

The first time she was moved to the general ward after she got her consciousness, she felt lonely. Fortunately, she was laid with the other three patients on the ward so she wasn't really lonely. They were also cancer patients and they were growing closer with sharing their condition. But still hospital is different with home, she missed her only daughter. The scenes of them playing, cooking, laughing, and crying on the small house they owned, kept repeating on her mind. The condition was different and she should laid her back on the hospital and her daughter only visited her in a meantime, she felt lonely, right after her daughter and a child on her embrace, left her. She looked outside the window seeing the dark sky to distract her mind of longing her daughter.

There was a time when the silence on the wards was broken with the voice of clacked shoes came closer to her bed. The appearance of a man made her turned into the person. He was standing in front of the bed, brought a bucket of flowers. He took a bow on her showing a politeness.

The first time she saw him, she didn't even know him. Hoewever, after times looking at him deeply, she finally recognized him. A familiar face she always longed for too, staring at her with a glimpse of smile.

"Son.." her face turned into a smile seeing the person in front of her. He put the flower on her bedside table and took a seat beside her and gave her a warm hug.

" Eomo-nim .. have you felt any better?" He mumbled between hug. He ended the hug after a while and sit on the small chair beside her.

" I am better now..." she rubbed his hand lovingly. "Where have you been? Have you met Yejin already?" She asked him feeling excited meeting him after years. He turned silent and gave her a faintly smile without replying the questions. "You've grown up this well, I almost can't recognize you.." she patted his cheek lightly.

"Thank you Eomo-nim .." he whispered.

"Why are you sad son? Something bad happened..??" she asked him again realizing his saddened face after times she came to her. However, he remained silent. "I understand...then why are you coming here after so long .." she asked him, when suddenly he turned his head down and sighed deeply. He started telling the story about him, after he chose not to visit Yejin's mother and Yejin that time. He told the whole story which started unwrapped his new healing wound. Hearing such unpredictable accidents, Yejin's mother was speechless after hearing the whole story and brought him to her embrace tightly.

"Aigooo... son.." her eyes started to well and caressed his head with a love. "Don't you say that..." he nodded lightly to her unfinished words on her hug.

"I think Yejin will understand about what you had done.." he buried his head even more feeling down.

" I can't Eomo-nim...I was the one who left her first... I don't have a confidence to face her like before.." he sighed deeply with his blank face.

"Aigoo..How pity you are, my son.." she caressed his back softly. "Everything will be fine, Son.." she patted his back like mother did on her own son, like she did on the past.

*****((()))*****

Yejin opened the apartment door lightly with sleeping Nana on her shoulder. She closed the door slowly, in case it would wake the CEO. Her eyes roamed the room looking for a woman that came early in the morming. Sudenly, her eyes laid on the plastic bag she knew that morning. The seal of the plastic bag also still remained closed.

"He didn't eat the porridge.." she mumbled slowly with her eyes landed on the CEO's bedroom which was closed tightly.

Yejin went to Nana's bedroom and laid Nana into her bed. She opened Nana jacket slowly and shoes not to wake her up before she put on the blanket on her tiny body. Yejin rubbed her hair slowly and left her in a silence.

Yejin went to kitchen cabinet and opened the plastic bag. The CEO didn't even touch it. She warmed the porridge she made that morning and brought a bowl of it. She went to CEO bedroom to check his fever.

She opened the door slowly and took a peek before fully enter the room. The bowl of porridge she made in the morning was empty.

Other than that, there she found a body laid on the bed helplessly. He slept soundly while the blanket cover up to his waist. She came closer and checked his temperature with her palms slowly. His face remained pale and the beads of sweat still covered his face.

Naturally, she took the towel on the table and dabbed his face slowly, cleaning the beads.

"Daepyo-nim.." she shook his body lightly to let him awake. He opened his eyes slowly. "It is time for drug." She whispered. He obediently sat with his back against the head of bed.

Yejin started feeding him like in the morning. The porridge was empty in no time with her help.

Yejin's hand took a water and handed him the drug with it. He gulped the drug in a minute and laid his body on the bed again feeling weak.

Yejin helped him to get a good sleep again by caressed his wet upper hair slowly. After she was sure that he was already asleep, Yejin cleaned the bedside table and brought it to the kitchen sink. She washed the dishes when suddenly she felt the burned muscular hands wrapped her from behind.

"Don't go..." his hot breath caused by fever, touched her nape giving a shiver sensation like he did last night. "She is nothing.." he added managing his hot breath caused by the fever. Yejin knew what he was pointed for about. However, he wasn't the one who should clarify that. It was normal though. Seonhwa was his back then, and she didn't have a right to do with their personal.

"Why?" she mumbled and his hug tightened.

"I scare that you might doubt my feeling.." he snuggled his head on her shoulder seeking for her warmth.

-to be continued--

Author's note :

Thank you for reading and supporting ^^

Kindly check my other stories Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^