Chapter 12

The Binding Angel

CHAPTER 12

"Hahahaha.....the seducer's child gets lost.." a group of girls in their junior high school uniform pointed their finger on a laid body in front of them. The girl with her star pendant was being bullied just trying to clean herself up. She flinched at bruises she got after they pushed her, falling to the ground. The necklace she wore was shattered and she helplessly took it back into her grab.

A boy reached out his hand to help her wake up. The girl confused while furrowing her brows questioning him. He had long light-brown hair up to his neck. His upper hair which grew up to his eyes blocked her to see his face fully, but she knew that he was handsome for his age. His left ear was pierced with two earrings that made him look like a gangster.

He winked his eye and tilted his head slightly not to catch the girl's gang's attention. The girls suddenly made a commotion by his look. He looked years older that could be assumed as Senior High School's student by appearance. The girl fell on the ground seeing the whole scene when the girls were being amazed by his look. She decided to reach his hand out, want to play along with him to knock the gang out.

"Aigoo... why are you letting them bash you? It is not like you.." he put his hand on her shoulder smirking. The one on his hug blinked her eyes, surprised by his action.

"It is not like that. " she decided to act clingy with the stranger boy who hugs her. The girl's gang started to nod their head feeling embarrassed.

"If someone bullies you, just cut the crap fast and go to me. Didn't I say that, my beautiful girlfriend?" He started to play further by touching her chin and smiling like a real boyfriend.

"Let's go! We shouldn't waste our time here with those flies." The boy turned their bodies against them and walked away with a girl on his hug.

The girl obediently followed him.

"Yah...just play the game and make them damn mad at you by having me." He giggled in a low voice.

"Is it okay if I put my head on your shoulder?" The girl asked him gingerly.

"Sure.. let them be more envy on you." He answered without thinking. The girl put her head on his shoulder right after he answered, surprising him. He slowly lifted up his lips corner into a slight smile.

"Good girl.." he tapped her hair lightly, leaving the girl gang dumbfounded.

------

They sat on the bench in the nearest playground from the place they knocked the gang out.

"Oppa...What should I call you?" The girl said as she sipped her chocolate milk on her hand. He also took a sip of chocolate milk she gave.

" I like Oppa, though... Where is your necklace? I will repair it." he said as he strayed his sight afar. He handed his hand.

"Why my necklace?" she asked him.

" I don't want to sell it. I want to repair it," he replied.

"It is from my father. I don't want to lose it," she said looking at the broken necklace.

"That's why I will repair it." he convinced her.

"For how long?" She questioned her.

"Soon.," he replied without thinking.

"Don't you have a name? I am Yejin, Son Yejin.," she said as she standing straight from her seat and handed a hand to him who was still on his seat. Yejin put her necklace on his hand and he put it in his pocket.

"I don't have one, you can give me one. By the way, I will give your necklace back later." He said as looking at her hand and his eyes traveled to her face.

"Huh?? Why?" She said as her eyes widened up, hearing his answer. She pissed off and took a seat beside him again after knowing he didn't shake her hand for an introduction. They didn't even know each other a moment ago, but they can be this close fast.

"Oppa, why are you so cool?" She burst her thought being amazed by him since they first met with the gang.

"I am..." he just hummed agreeing with whatever she said.

"Why are you coming at the right time? I almost fall in love with you." She said as her lips pouted like a chirping bird.

"Uhm?" he faced her with his brighter smile teasing her. He was a playful boy instead.

"Tskk... I like a cool man..." she mumbled out of nowhere.

"So.." he held his laugh not to burst his laughter.

"I want to marry a cool man someday.." she sighed looking at her feet.

"Should I?" He said teasing her. She faced him in shock.

"But, I like someone with a name, though.." she chirped and sip her chocolate milk again, avoiding his face. She was blushing hard to blurt those words.

"Yah...name is not important if you are handsome.." he laughed facing her. She blushed at his sudden action and looking to the ground. Suddenly, her tummy growled that caused him to burst into laughter. "Let's go find the nearest restaurant.." he grabbed her hand and pulled her on his way, leading the way. Yejin holds his hand and kept standing in her place.

"Noo, I don't have money... You should follow me.." she said as taking a charge and pulling him on her way, leading her way.

----

There she was munching a kimbab and sipping orange juice in the kimbab stall. She sat in front of him who was eating the same as her.

"Yah...No one would chase you... take your meal slowly.." he said as giving a tissue in front of her.

"Thank you.." she babbled with her full mouth and reached the tissue he gave. He giggled at her cuteness.

"Why Kimbab and orange juice?" He asked questioning her choice.

"This is just my style .." She gulped hard and kept munching the kimbab.

"And my money just can buy this." She pointed her finger that still holds the kimbab on the menu. She stuttered almost on the verge of tears, she gulped her tears and kept munching the kimbab. He was taken back by her sudden reaction. At first, he wanted to by doing this and he held himself to do that after seeing her reaction. He gulped an orange juice he ordered and exhaled deeply. The situation became awkward after what he was saying.

"What do you want to do in the future?" He asked to let the latest conversation into a very lame question for junior high school students.

"Writer.," she answered straight away without thinking. He satisfied knowing her face turned brighter. He chose the right question. He chuckled and wanted to again.

"No doubt. You are babbly one, indeed..." he smirked making her brows furrowed into one.

"Yah oppa.," Yejin shouted at him while he laughed hard at mad young Yejin.

Time after that, they spent their time often. The girl gang would never bash her again, they turned calm after seeing the appearance of Yejin's Oppa beside her. They met on the weekend, starting with the Oppa coming to her playing along. Playing with her, helping Yejin's mother in her small restaurant, and ended with teaching her math and physic. He often did hit her forehead with his fingers when she started being lazy. Yejin's mother just being away and laughing at them. They were closer than siblings. If they were born from her womb, it would be happier if Yejin got an Oppa like him.

"Son and Yejin-ah..Look here " he commanded her distracting their activity. Yejin's mother held an old small digital camera and took a photo they were being dumbfounded looking at her.

----

"Yah comes here.." the boy grabbed her hand fast and hugged Yejin body. He brought her to the nearest hidden place avoiding something she didn't know. The boy locked Yejin body beside him and looking for someone who was trying to find him. The bunch of men started shouting a name and he naturally covered Yejin's ears with his hands. Yejin blinked her eyes feeling awkward and her heart that started beating irregularly by his touch deafened her ears.

The boy was still looking at the road, convincing that the men had already gone. After some moments, the boy sighed his breath in relief and pulled out his hand from her ears.

"Yah.. let's go!" The boy grabbed her hand. He didn't realize that the one he was holding, got her face reddened.

"Oppa... Kim?" Yejin mumbled in a shy sound.

"Uhm?" He tilted his head questioning her answer

"What is your name? Kim? Kim Who?" Yejin said as slightly hearing the men called someone with Kim. The boy furrowed his eyebrows and chuckled.

"Are you hungry? Let's get a Kimbab and orange juice instead!" the boys grabbed her hand.

"No...Kim...!" Yejin shouted at him.

"Understand let's get a meal.." he said teasing her.

"Are they looking for you, Oppa?" Yejin took a step beside him and walked side by side.

"No... who am I?" He said with a goofily smile.

"And then why are you hiding with me, there?" Yejin burst her thought. She also felt so curious knowing that he often visited her not only at the weekend but sometimes on workday lately. 'Isn't he having another business than playing with her?'

"I am bored at home. I should study if I am at home. Satisfying you Uh?" He said casually.

"But, you should study if you want a better life," she mumbled.

"Yaaah...I am the smartest at my school. Just let me play for a while." he bragged himself confidently.

"Tchhh...I doubt that....." Yejin roamed her sight from his head up to toe and back again.

"See....why does everyone judge everything by the looks? Yah I am smart right? I can teach you a difficult subject when you're no hope for that. Isn't it amazing?" He said overboard.

"Really?? Hmmm..Okay, I believe that even still in doubt. You can be my tutor then." Yejin squeaked happily in front of him, hoping that he would teach her every day. He d his pocket and handed her a necklace that had been repaired. Yejin took the necklace and mesmerized it.

"Oppa.. why it looks so expensive? You changed the necklace?? The one that isn't changed just the star pendant." Yejin was mesmerizing the necklace again in awe.

" Yah... You should pay for me then." He stopped his step and face her.

"Told you I don't have money!" Yejin sighed.

"Uhhmm...Be my wife someday!" He continued his walk which made Yejin recklessly following him.

"Yah...Oppa...Married thing isn't something to be played about." Yejin replied wisely even she didn't know the married things at that age.

"I am not playing. I promise that you will be my wife someday. Yah..you should pay it though." he said as if it was nothing.

"Really?? You have a promise and you should make it. Understand, Oppa?" Yejin gasped.

"Uhm.." he nodded.

" By the way, How can I be the wife with someone unnamed?" Yejin still ran catching his long steps.

"Later ...I will tell you my name..." he still takes his steps calmly.

"What is the difference by telling me now or later? In the end, you will tell me your name." She shouted right into his ear. He covered his ear sensing the high-pitched sound of her, aching his ear.

"Yah... It's different! Later and Now! See the difference?" He explained to her.

"Yah Oppa... Why are you doing late if you can do it now? Aishh... " Yejin hit his shoulder hard.

"If you know my name now, I don't know those men would catch me in a second and I would never be playing in peace." He said explaining to mad Yejin.

"TOLD YOU! THOSE MEN ARE CATCHING YOU." Yejin screamed at him.

"Ya. Stop it !" he covered with his hand.

"Why?" Yejin questioned him.

"You with your bubbly mouth!" he smirked.

"Ohh... I am bubbly??" Yejin tilted her head aside still walking beside him.

"Stupid..." he mumbled let out a slight smile.

------

Weekends passed by and they grew closer more than blood linking siblings. Not until the day when a girl coming, called him with Oppa. She stood not very far away in front of Yejin's house with tears looking at Yejin and the Oppa. He was taken back by her sudden appearance He faced them slowly and he started walking away from Yejin and went to the girl who was holding her doll. Yejin grabbed his hand to make him stay in her place.

"We just meet.. let's play with me more.." Yejin whined like a baby.

"Yah... I will come back for sure... I promise." He replied without thinking and started to leave her again, but she deepened her grab.

"Really?? Why do I feel like this is the last, Oppa?" Yejin said with her tears falling out of nowhere.

"Don't cry! You look ugly !" He said as wiping away her tears and ready to leave her.

"Oppa.," Yejin shouted at him. He just turned his head behind slightly but still walking with the girl in his embrace leaving Yejin.

A week after that, he would never come back. The feeling she felt was real and he never came back as he promised. But, Yejin was still hoping he would come back. She would be waiting for him on the weekend in front of her house and kept looking to the road which was the last time she saw him. 'He made a promise for her though, she should believe him.' she thought. And in the end, she kept waiting for him.

*****((()))*****

He smoked while sitting at the bedside after packing some of his things and Nana's to get ready for leaving the small apartment and moving to Japan. He couldn't leave her alone. Nana should glue to him no matter what. His mind strayed far after putting Nana on a deep sleep. He was always being sleepy after putting Nana into a deep sleep, but it was different. He almost ends his 3rd cigarette by the look of the ashtray.

He didn't know what was he thinking about. He kept puffing the cigarette while the window was wide opened. Suddenly, the clicked sound of the main door interrupted his thought. He put his cigarette to the ashtray calmly, knowing who was coming. He took a deep breath before uttering some farewell words to her. He wanted to let out the smoke on his bedroom fully by letting the windows half-closed, leaving a slight slit on it.

The door in his bedroom was opened by someone not long after that.

"Oh. Yejin-ssi, have you done?" He was distracted by her sudden appearance. Her appearance also made him even sadder.

"Daepyo-nim... I will come with you.." Hyunbin knew what she was pointed for. He sighed deeply and the awkward situation brought him into a serious one. Her appearance in front of him always made him weaker. His heart scrunched just even hearing her voice after so long. Her voice just made him turned emotional. He didn't want to be away with her, but also he didn't want Yejin to give up on her dream again.

"Thanks for everything...you deserve more than this..." he said as his back against her, looking at the moon through the window with a blurry vision.

"Daepyo-nim.." Her lips were trembling hard hearing that cold voice on him.

"Nana will be fine with me...and..." he gulped his tears. "you will be fine as well..." the coldness on his voice stabbed her heart more.

"Hyunbin-ssi..." she mumbled his name, questioning his action. The simple word that broke him more. He gulped his tears inside and hold it not to stream over his face. "Husband??" she wiped her tears angrily. "Can you explain it to me?" Her body was shaking hard, uttering those words with her cracked voice.

Hearing those unexpected words from her lips, he scrunched his face painfully, feeling drown inside. There was a time when he liked the way she called him with his name but also brought him into a mess. He needed her. He wanted her, but not this time.

"I don't know what you're saying about." he blurted another harsh word to her.

"I was coming for you not only Nana that day." She sobbed and he took a glance at her with his peripheral vision. "I don't know why you should pay all my mother's bill even it wasn't even your responsibility.." Yejin was shaking. She remembered the main reason she went to them. Without no one noticing, without any promised words, he did the act instead of saying.

" I think you've mistaken for my action. But, it was truly because I felt thankful after you're saving Nana's life that day." He cut her words with another word that he didn't want even blurt that way.

"Husband?" She asked again with her trembled lips. The word she knew after visiting administrator to get a spare time on paying her mother, turned in instant when she knew it was paid already, by her 'husband'. She decided to ask the administrator about the payment receipt and looked at the signature. It was him, the CEO paid everything on his own.

"Ahh... it is just.. administrator's speculation after seeing you left with Nana." He said as his face scrunched feeling wrong with all the words he had said.

"Why are you agreeing that then?" She almost screamed. She was different. She used to be polite to the CEO just blurt her feeling free and was brave to shout at him this time.

Hyunbin peeked at the unclosed door after Yejin was coming. He was scared that their quarrel would wake Nana who was sleeping deeply.

"Nana is sleeping. We shouldn't make any noises here." He said calmly and went to the door that closes with Yejin was standing in.

Hyunbin came closer to the door passing Yejin not even looking at her appearance, scared that he would do something to her.

Yejin grabbed Hyunbin hand which reached the doorknob, tightly. Hyunbin looked at her red puffy eyes. He couldn't help at all. He was hurting inside too, seeing her weak appearance.

"Oppa.." Yejin started blurting a word that surprised him. She looked like hardly gulped while uttering the word. She knew him already. His heart hurt more hearing that word. The word that he missed the most, especially when Yejin did that.

"Can I be egoistic?" Yejin hardly held her sob. "Please, don't leave me again!" Hyunbin couldn't help seeing her pain in her eyes. The pain that was being held for long, not only him but also her. He sighed deeply want reassurance for his heart.

"Please.." she hardly said with her cracked voice, begging for the last time.

He closed the door fast and brought her on his hug and captured her lips hard. He also missed her. Times when they were together made him even losing his patience on having her. He was enough to keep himself all the way. He wanted her. Her hands lingered to his neck tightly didn't want another separation again. It just made her tired.

He hugged her tightly and pushed her until her back against the wall. His lips went wild knowing the wait was over. His other hand stands their body in balance by leaning his hand on the wall behind Yejin, feeling that Yejin had hung herself fully on him.

He always got to see all her pain at once after her mother's death and he felt that her body was weakened from day to day on ceremony, even that day. His heart twitched in pain seeing her helpless body. He tightened his hug on her to make her trembled body stay still on his hug. He knew it all, even a very simple thing about her.

He was always looking at her from afar. It was enough from him. He didn't want to add the pressure she got. He couldn't imagine when she saw him as her Oppa, that was lost from her eyes for that long. Fifteen years was long enough for Yejin to be hang by his promise to come back for her. He almost gave up on reaching her again, but God has its way. They met after so long.

Yejin replied all his kisses and deeply drowned by him. She hugged his neck tightly bringing him closer and deepened their kisses. She missed him, not only as Oppa but a man she wants to depend on. The man in front of her touched her heart since a teenager, without much words she felt treasured the most by him. Oppa, Daepyo-nim, or Hyunbin weren't the problem by this night. They were one, the only man in front of her, kissing her deeply like 'there is no tomorrow'.

He wouldn't put her in a danger. He wouldn't hurt her. He would put her first over anything. Hyunbin then grasped her body with his hand and brought her laid on the bed with him over her softly with their lips still being locked tight. He her lips and make sure he didn't waste any inch of it. She was still sobbing hard on their kiss, missing the times they were spending, not only in the past but also in present. She didn't even realize, he was the one.

Hyunbin unlocked their lips carefully and his thumb wiped tears on her cheek.

"Don't cry! I can't see your beautiful face.." he whispered slowly. Yejin burst her tears again knowing that he didn't change.

She looked at his face for a long time. She realized it was him. Just for how long did her memories being blurred about him. She felt bad for everything she was done. His face on his teen started to appear and turned out the man in front of her. The dependable man that she was longing for these years.

He just got mature with those saddened eyes. It was different from his sparkly, cheeky eyes he used to show when he was in his teen. His facial expression was easily recognized by his now short hair that didn't cover anything about him. His sharp face features were exposing without hiding anything.

The most different thing was his behavior. The free spirit playful and nosy Oppa turned to be cold and full of mysteries CEO. He looked mature growing with those past burdens, she knew so far. Her tears streamed hard and almost got her lost of breath. She was stupid to not realize it. CEO with a high position wouldn't look like a gangster with that colorful hair and piercings. And it was more stupid if she thought that would meet him with the same appearance after that years passed.

He was true in the past, that he was someone that would be easily found just after hearing the name, also HD Enterprise isn't a small company. The last she even realized it now. He also trues at the past that Yejin always judges anything from a look.

"Hyunbin Oppa.," Yejin uttered his name carefully with her trembling lips. The name that always being a mystery for her. She knew it already, the one that stands beside her these times. The one who secretly did anything for her was him. He smiled lightly hearing her, uttering the words he wanted the most.

"Yes I am.," he answered before eating her lips fully and let his longing for her paid off.

Times passed and he started capturing each inch of her body. Yejin started to travel her hands on him, deepening their play. Not long after that, their clothes were sprawled on the floor and the room was filled with their silent moans, and gruntings prevent their voice would wake Nana up.

The separation that they didn't expect to be like on their teen, made them waiting for each other. They were longing for each other. They wanted each other on their hug. They wanted to be one. That night was the night they've waited for. The long wait and recognition that put them into an adventure without even they were realizing.

-Epilogue-

Far away from where she stood there he was, Hyunbin was seeing her limp body fell on the floor helplessly. He wanted to reach her and gave her a reassuring hug. He couldn't do that, not this time.

The news shocked him too. The times when he always visited Yejin's mother, kept reappearing on his head. Also, her blessing which made him stand in a very thin line just for that day. He didn't know what will happen when he appeared in front of Yejin, after that long. After the promise he broke. After seeing Yejin was waiting for him, but he would never appear. 'Can he even be closer after telling her that he was his past?'. He wouldn't do that, not this time when her mother left her. It was true that her mother needed him to be with her side as her Oppa. But it was just being too rush this time.

They would separate soon and it would put too much burden on her if he was telling her the truth. He couldn't just come and leave as he wants, even after that long. He should make sure he won't hurt her again as he did in the past. 'It is okay if he was hurt, but not for her.'

However, his greediness still ate him up. He still wants to reach her this time. Not as her Oppa but CEO and Nana's father this time. He still can get closer to her. Especially, he was the one who accompanied her to the hospital. He took a deep breath preparing himself.

Bravely, he took some steps hardly, but his vibrating phone stopped his way.

"Hello, Jung Jaehyuk-ssi." He replied to the caller.

"I am in front of your apartment. Nana is sleeping. Can you just open the door?" Jung Jaehyuk replied.

"Wait a minute! I will be there soon." He hangs up the phone in instant.

----

Meanwhile

Yejin felt the twitched seeing the younger version of CEO on Kim Hyunmi ash house. Her tears almost dried for crying and she couldn't do anything. 'CEO is her Oppa?' The questions kept lingering on her mind. His total change of look was surprising her just in a minute. For these whole times when she felt like she was standing on intersection come to end. The question about why she felt that familiar with CEO, the feeling when she always thought of CEO instead of her Oppa, the feeling when she was safe near him. All questions were answered in instant.

Yoona wasn't the one who gave her the kimbab and orange juice. The only one was her Oppa who knew her. Knowing the fact, her heart torn into parts. She remembered the way she always avoiding the CEO to keep her heart for her Oppa. The way when she drew a clear line between them even they were in the same space. 'Didn't he feel her rejection?'. Her tears started to burst. He was her Oppa. 'Didn't it feel hurt if someone you love, acted like you do not exist?' She covered hard. Her heart twitched hard remembering those. She let out her tears again and took her time until she was a lot calmer.

After several minutes of crying, she ran to reach the middle-aged woman who gave her Kimbab and orange. She still needed her answer. She still needed a convincing statement for all her questions.

The middle-aged woman described him as a handsome man with a child on his hug. He wanted to get closer, but he seemed like he was holding him back. Yejin's heart shattered hearing those explanations. She handed a photo they took in the amusement park and the middle-age woman just convince it at once.

Right, she had been giving him silent pains. He couldn't blurt it as he did in the past when she even drew an explicit line between them. He couldn't reach her freely when she was the one who won't his reach. Even just thinking about it, she couldn't help it at all.

Yejin remembered the last thing her mother was said about her Oppa. She took the letter from her mother with an unbearable rising heartbeat, full of anticipation. She opened the letter and read line by line carefully. Each line added her weighted heart. She almost lost her way of breathing. She fell on her place weakly and grabbed her hair tightly, being speechless.

The message from her mother made her even worse for what she did to her Oppa.

To: My lovely daughter Yejin

Yejin-ah. You might see this letter after I left the world. I write this letter to let you know that I love you so much, my daughter. Thank you for your struggles to keep me alive these times. I love you.

Yejin-ah finally, It seems that I can rest in peace seeing you being in a good place right now.

I am sorry, but I should shrug into your relation with Son or Hyunbin. I just know his name lately too. I don't know that 'your Oppa' still decide to hold him back on getting you or not.

But, the only one I knew, he was the purest person I can put my trust for my daughter. He felt wrong after leaving you that day. Please forgive him, it wasn't his intention to leave you like that. He was going through his ups and downs by himself and you also knew it by yourself.

He said that it is a relief that after passing all by himself, he found you. He told me that your existence helps him much. 'How can I not mesmerize by his action when he told me with those sparkly eyes?'.

Yejin-ah, Eomma had told you that you can have your family yourself. I know it was too much for me asking you to be with him again. If in any case, you doubt your feeling about him, it's okay I would gladly let you choose your way.

But, the one I want to say. He is still in love with you even after these years. He might make a mistake, but please give your sorry to him.

He also thanked you for your help in raising Nana. I don't know why he was so timid right now, not as he did in the past. He couldn't even burst simple things freely to you again. Aigoooo..that nosy man.

So, I am here to tell you this before it was too late. I hope you can choose wisely, daughter.

Eomma is happy enough to live in this world with you, also please give my thanks to his existence in the hospital helped me not to get lonely again.

I love you, my daughter.

Sincerely,

Your mother.

"Agassi.. are you okay?" The woman asked her full of worry.

" Oppa...I am sorry.. " she repeated her words on her sob.

-to be continued-

 

Author’s note:

Thank you for reading and supporting ^^ Kindly check my other stories Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest