12/16

Say it First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week passes by quickly, filling with their usual banter and the sometimes night phone calls. And the sometimes intimate moments which Baekhyun mostly initiates, taking delight at them or sometimes he just wants to tease to see the that two white cheeks of hers become a color of a strawberry. No matter how hard Haerin tries to not be fazed at it, Baekhyun still can see it. Nowadays, he thinks of Yuna less and less, taking longer and longer day by day to reply her texts. His head fills with Haerin more and more, always wondering what the girl is doing when they’re not together but he doesn’t want to keep bothering her and accidentally revealing his true feelings, afraid that he scares away Haerin.

Baekhyun doesn’t know how long this fake relationship of them will last but he decides to enjoy the moments while they are still doing this. But, he knows he’s going to grow more selfish as time goes by. Because once in a while, he wants Haerin to truly knows the meaning behind his intimate gestures rather than it is or making excuses for others to see, especially their exes. Baekhyun is not sure how long he can keep this up.

 

 

On Wednesday, Haerin suggests him to start doing their History project which due next Monday after school because he doesn’t have soccer practice. Baekhyun agrees and asks where they should be doing it and Haerin invites him to her place because nobody’s home. Her mom won’t home until before dinner time.

So, that’s how Baekhyun finds himself sitting on the floor next to Haerin at the moment. There are their textbooks sprawl on the coffee table and two mugs of their tea that has gone cold. Haerin has changed her uniform into a more comfortable clothing—oversized white t-shirt and shorts. She currently has her eyes on her laptop, searching for their materials, lip-syncing on the song that’s playing, her head bobbing a little to the melody. She has her hair up into a messy bun and Baekhyun can’t stop eyeing at it as it bobs too because of her movement, his eyes glinting endearing at it. He rests his back against the foot of the sofa behind him. Watching all of this in silent makes him feel good even though there’s always the constant disturbance at the back of his head

If only their relationship is much more. Baekhyun can imagine teasing Haerin to just ditch their homework and get into some fun together. He’s sure that Haerin will hiss at him to stop before going back to her screen. Not giving up, his naughty fingers will creep at her waist before wrapping his limbs around it, placing his chin on one of her shoulder, rubbing his cheek on her shirt fabric to make the girl melts into his desire.

Baekhyun unconsciously sighs, If only.

Then he realizes that Haerin loves to wear oversized shirt at home. He knows because that’s what she always wear when they’re video-calling last Saturday and Monday. He wonders would Haerin wears his hoodie or shirt because he’s sure it’ll frame around her oversize because that’s how she loves it. He may be in a slimmer figure for a man, but he takes pride at his broad shoulder, and he is definitely bigger than Haerin’s small body. Haerin would probably wear it because he always reads or watches somewhere in the internet that girls love to steal their boyfriends’ hoodie or shirt. And his head immediately imagining it.

Then he sighs again, If only.

“Baekhyun?”

He hums.

“What are you doing?”

Oops. Baekhyun is so far off with his imagining that he doesn’t realize his fingers have move on their own to her shoulder and at it.

“Sorry,” he says before pulling his hand away and fixing his posture.

Then Haerin asks the boy to take over so she won’t do everything by herself and lets him sit idly. She pushes her laptop to his way and Baekhyun wordlessly takes it. Haerin carefully gulps so that he won’t notice. The way his fingers were playing on her just now in a loving manner makes her body shivers in a way she can’t describe. She glances up at him before immediately looks the other way. Suddenly she’s feeling shy to just look at Baekhyun. Day by day, their growing closeness doesn’t go unnoticed by her but she tries hard to not let it bothers her. Besides, all of that is to make Yuna crawls back to him.

Haerin pinches the bridge of her nose when her mind thinks of Baekhyun’s ex-girlfriend. She has yet talk to Baekhyun about what Sooyoung had said. And she needs to make sure they get to talk about it today.

Suddenly, Haerin’s phone vibrates. She picks it up from the floor, her screen showing a message notification from her mom. She clicks her tongue in annoyance when she reads it. It gets Baekhyun’s attention, he glances at her and asks what’s wrong.

“My mom won’t come home for dinner because there’s too much work in the office,” she answers.

Haerin never likes it when her mom won’t be home cooking meal for her. Thinking about what food she should order always stresses her out. It will take a very long time and by then, she still hasn’t decided, leaving her with an empty starving stomach and a bad mood.

Baekhyun pauses at his work, turning to face the girl. “So, what are you going to eat later?”

Haerin is leaning back on the sofa, rolling her eyes. “That’s my question too.”

Baekhyun stays quiet and silence blankets over the two of them. After a few minutes, Haerin realizes that the boy is deep in his thought, unmoving. She frowns, nudging him with her knee. When Baekhyun looks up, Haerin says to him that it’s not his problem to think about her dinner. But, then, his look changes into a face fills with excitement, his hand naturally touches her bare knee. She eyes at his slender fingers, forcing her mind to stay blank.

“Do you want me to make you a spaghetti? I can make Aglio e Olio.”

Haerin looks up at him, one of her eyebrows is lifted. Seeing her obvious suspicious expression makes Baekhyun rolls his eyes at her.

“What? You don’t trust me?”

She chuckles, “I think I can trust you can make one. I just don’t trust if it’s edible,” she teases, scrunching her nose at him.

Haerin’s eyes flicks to his hand that is still on her bare knees, tightening slightly, before back to Baekhyun’s eyes.

“If I can make you say my spaghetti is delicious, you owe me one wish!”

“Seriously, sometimes, I think you are way too confident.”

Baekhyun ignores her gibe. “Okay? It’s a deal.”

Haerin laughs at him in disbelief. “What deal? I never said yes.”

Her laugh is contagious that the boy erupts into one too, his eyes turning into a crescent-moon-like. Then, he shakes her knee with his hand that is still on top of it. Haerin hopes he will move it away, like, right now.

“C’mon!”

Can’t stand of it anymore, she pushes away his hand that she hopes it looks natural enough. She finally relents, waving her hand like swatting a fly away, kicking him to the kitchen to start cooking because her stomach is feeling hungry already.

“You’re not going to get that one wish, anyway.”

Baekhyun pushes himself off the floor, standing on his feet. He smirks down at Haerin, “We’ll see about that.”

Baekhyun offers to do some grocery shopping but Haerin is way too lazy to walk outside because the weather has started to get colder now. She asks him to check on the kitchen, guessing her kitchen supposed has the ingredients to make his spaghetti. He names a couple of things he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter