1/16

Say it First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Haerin feels like want to stab herself in the eyeball with the fork she’s holding. She scoffs at the sight of Yeo Jingoo is kissing his current girlfriend shamelessly at the cafeteria with all the student body watching.

Sooyoung’s face twists in disgust. “You guys broke up just like what… two weeks ago?”

“Three.” Haerin corrects her.

Then she gets the look from Sooyoung. She props her chin on the back of her hand, mockingly sweet smiling, “Didn’t know you’ve been counting?”

Haerin wants to roll her eyes but refrains to do so. It’s her relationship and she hasn’t completely moved on from Yeo Jingoo. How can she not?

Sooyoung clicks her tongue in disapproval. “Forget that jerk ASAP. He doesn’t deserve you,” she said as she sends death glares to the back of Jingoo’s head.

Kyungsoo, sits beside Sooyoung, also shakes his head in disapproval. He points at their direction with his chin, saying, “Yuna just broke up with Baekhyun a week ago. And now she has a new bae. What a heartless .”

Haerin remains silent because there’s nothing to say. Jingoo’s current girlfriend is Baekhyun’s ex, Shin Yuna. Seeing how quick they got together, God knows how long they have been closed before the end of their previous relationships. Haerin suddenly loses her appetite. Thinking Jingoo might have cheated on her before they officially broke up makes closes up.

“Why aren’t you with Baekhyun and the others?” Sooyoung asks.

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “They’re playing soccer outside with that heat. I’ll faint of heatstroke before I could make a goal.”

“Damn dramatic,” Sooyoung teases, which earning her a set of death glares from Kyungsoo.

 

 

There’s a house party at Junmyeon’s place on Friday night. Being one of the popular guys in the school, Haerin thinks almost all of the students from school no matter which class they are are here. That includes Jingoo and his girlfriend.

Haerin is sitting with Sooyoung, Yeri, and Eric, trying hard to focus at whatever Eric is talking about but her eyes seems to be keep glancing at where Jingoo is. He has his arm around Yuna’s shoulders. Sometimes his fingers get closer and he rubs lovingly against her cheek. Haerin takes a deep breath and let it out. Her chest aches for a second there because he used to do that to her. And seeing how he did that with other girl right in front of her eyes is a bit too much. She inwardly hates herself for finding Jingoo when the place is crowded with bodies.

“Give it to me if you can’t open it! You’re so weak, Jongdae!” Baekhyun’s loud voice booms next to Haerin because he sits right next to her.

Well, that gets her attention away from Jingoo considering how loud he is that it hurts her ears. She shifts her glares to Baekhyun. She leans on her knuckle with her elbow props on the sofa, facing Eric and the girls back.

“Almost!” Baekhyun grits his teeth as he almost has the cap.

There’s a pop. People nearby cheers. Baekhyun grins in satisfaction but short-lived when he loses his balance and the wine inside the bottle pours onto Haerin’s white skirt. Jongdae shoots up from his seat to hold the neck of the bottle to stop it pours out more. Cheers change into series of gasps and ‘’s. Haerin is one of them as her eyes widened in horror at the state of her skirt. Haerin’s head slowly lifted up and finds Baekhyun’s eyes shakes in nervous.

“Oh no,” he whispers.

“Byun Baekhyun! Are you serious?!”

Haerin’s explosion wakes Baekhyun up as he quickly grabs the tissues Jongdae’s offers. He apologizes many times as he tries to wipe the wine of her skirt. Useless effort actually because clearly anything can’t just be wiped off when it touches white fabric.

Her Friday night can’t get any worse, Haerin thought. She scowls and then pushes Baekhyun away. Abruptly she stands up to go to the bathroom and at least tries to save this mess. If nothing actually can’t be done, she’ll just go home rather than letting herself being a clown to be make fun of because of her ruined skirt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter