10/16

Say it First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: new poster! but the one who made it want it to keep anonymous.
you know who you are, thanks!<3

 

Haerin leans back on her locker, a small smile on her face, and her eyes land on Yuna’s retreating back. Even though all she can see only her back, she knows that the blond girl must be feeling something similar to jealous.

Suddenly, she feels the warmth of Baekhyun’s fingertips on her jaw, tilting her head up to make her look away from Yuna and on him.

“You make it too obvious,” Baekhyun mutters. She lets Baekhyun examines her longer. He says, “It’s looked like your mood has lightened up.” Her smile grows because that’s exactly what she’s feeling.

Baekhyun drops his touch when someone suddenly appears behind him and clearing their throat to catch their attention. “Hey, lovebirds.” It’s actually Sooyoung. And so Haerin turns to her locker, arranging her books. Baekhyun his eyebrows at Sooyoung when she gives him a look he doesn’t understand.

But Sooyoung keeps it to herself. “Jongdae is waiting for you outside,” she nods at the direction where Jongdae is.

Baekhyun will not take Haerin home today because he already promised Jongdae to accompany him looking for a gift for his baby cousin. He nods his head. He then reminds Haerin to text him when she’s arrived home, picking up his bag on the floor, before sprinting to the front gate.

Sooyoung blows a low whistle. “You guys pretty into this relationship, don’t you think?”

Haerin only gives her a face.

“And that was one hell of a kiss just now.”

One end of Haerin’s lips quirks up. After checking all the books and homeworks in her bag, she closes her locker.

“Yuna was passing. I just had to take the opportunity,” she says, slinging her bag strap on one of her shoulder. Then her smiles drop, eyes darkening at the thought of her conversation with Yuna. “You have no idea what that said to me.”

Sooyoung’s face shows deep interest because she didn’t know they talked. She invites Haerin to tell all the juicy details over tteokbokki because she’s craving for it right now like a pregnant woman.

“Call,” Haerin agrees.

 

 

The two young girls go to their regular tteokbokki stand. When the aunt behind recognizes them, she generously gives the girls extra for being loyal customers, which the girls gratefully receives, not forgetting bows for her generosity.

“Wah, I can’t believe she did that,” Sooyoung exclaims after Haerin is done spilling the tea.

Haerin takes a bite of the rice cake, giving her friend i-know-right look. Then she takes a tissue to wipe . “But, at the bright side, I think maybe two weeks… three? Three weeks top! Baekhyun and I can finally end this stupid fake relationship. And he gets his Yuna back.”

Something just flashes on Sooyoung head. She lowers her cup, turning to face at Haerin. “But, Haerin, don’t you think Baekhyun will get a lot of hate if he gets back with Yuna?”

Haerin frowns, failed to understand. “How so?”

“Because people will think him taking advantage of you to get his ex-girlfriend back. And when he’s succeed, he threw you away. That a really hard blow to his reputation.” Sooyoung’s lips twisted at the thought, showing concern to her male friend.

That makes Haerin stops chewing and lowers her cup too.

“But the rumor about us together just to get our exes back is already around the school. So, when it happens, other people should probably just whisper behind our backs a few weeks or one two month then getting bored and moving on.”

“Yeah,” Sooyoung breathes. Haerin is seeing one of that rare moments where Sooyoung is so serious when usually the girl is like a happy virus, throwing contagious smiles left and right. “That may happen only if you both get back to your exes.” She lets a few seconds stretch before she continues, “But Jingoo hasn’t shown any reactions, right?” Her voice soft and careful, not wanting to hurt Haerin.

Right. Unlike Yuna slipping in Baekhyun’s notification, Jingoo is quiet except for the first few days when her and Baekhyun’s relationship is out in the open. And the only reaction she gets was sometimes a few glares to her way or Baekhyun’s. Haerin knows the truth of why Yuna still seeking for Baekhyun and the only reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter