Chapter 2

Broken People

“Woohyun-ah,”

            Woohyun looks up and sees his mom is putting a glass of tea besides his laptop. He glances at his desk-clock. 5 p.m. He’s been on his laptop since afternoon and he’s too focusing on analysing companies’ stocks.

             His mother sits beside him and pats his shoulder.

            “Can you not working too hard, dear?”

            Woohyun lifts his corner lips a little.

            “Please don’t blame your dad for slapped you yesterday.” His mom continued,”he’s been stressing about our company. Our company is not doing well and he’s too focusing on your relationships to help our company. Jiyeon’s parents called us and cut off their company’s stocks. That’s why he was so angry yesterday.”

            “I understand.”

            “You are not angry at your dad, right?”

            Woohyun just shakes his head and suddenly stands up. He shuts his laptop and put it on bag.

            “Woohyun-ah, will you amend your relationships?”

           

            “Hey, you are early today.”

            Woohyun looks up. There is Sunggyu with a smile on his face and he quickly sits in front of Woohyun.

            “I thought you will sit at the rooftop. Why would you sit on your yesterday’s seat?”

            Woohyun shrugs a little.

            “Or maybe it hasn’t dark, so you don’t want to sit at the rooftop, right? You can see a nice sunset too!”

            And before Woohyun replies, Sunggyu suddenly tenses up and he quickly stands up.

            “I… I need to go, okay? Enjoy your drink.”

            And without waiting for Woohyun’s replies, Sunggyu already leaves his table. Woohyun just curiously looks at his tensing back.

            Realizing it’s not his business, he is back to stirring his coffee and realizes there is a plate of cheese cake on the table with a note: ‘A good day is in its way ;)’

             Woohyun reaches the fork with a little smile.

            “Hey, Myungsoo-ssi suddenly came for boss. And they’re gone immediately. What will he do to our boss today?” A staff suddenly said with a naughty voice.

            “I bet boss won’t be able to walk tomorrow.” Another replied.”I’ve been work here since forever and when Myungsoo-ssi suddenly come, boss will have a really good time. You don’t know how mad Myungsoo-ssi can be. You know that day, boss is coming with turtle-neck sweaters, he’s too focusing to bake and fold the wrist side, damn gurl, you should’ve seen it. There are marks.”

            “Are you for real?”

            “Yeah, but not for long tho, boss quickly realizes it and unfold it again.”    

            The conversations successfully grab Woohyun’s attentions.

∞∞∞

 

            “So,” Sunggyu started with smile,”you are so early today, Myungsoo-yah. You should’ve called me. I can wait at home, actually.”

            Myungsoo smiles and steps on brake.”Don’t you like my surprise visits to your café?”

            “Of course I like it, but…”

            “End of problems, then.”

            Myungsoo slowly raises his hand and Sunggyu instantly shuts his eyes, but he feels a soft pat on his cheeks. That makes Sunggyu opens his eyes and sees a pair of cold eyes.

            “I love you.”

            “I… I love you too.”

∞∞∞