Chapter 7

Broken People

“Woohyun-ah, you have to eat.” Woohyun’s Mother kept persuading Woohyun who just sits on the bed with a blank face.

           

His mother is really worry and looks at the IV drip still attaching to his son’s right arm. Since Woohyun awake, he didn’t want to eat and just stare at everything with a blank face. His parents asked, but he just shook his head and kept being quiet.

 

            Woohyun’s mom’s eyes become teary and regretted for being an ignorant mom until he got a news that his son got an accident. Not only her, Woohyun’s dad also regretted that he forced Woohyun in arranged marriage that made Woohyun hate him even more. Since in coma, they took turns in accompany Woohyun and talked to their only son.

 

            But they really didn’t know what to do when they saw their only son just keeping a blank face and refused to eat.

 

            “Woohyun-ah, are you still mad?” Mrs. Nam asked.”Omma and Appa really sorry and decided to not forcing you to do things without your consent. You have to eat, even a little bit, dear. It’s been a week and you are getting thinner. What is in your mind? Tell us, Woohyun-ah.”

 

            Woohyun slowly turns his head to face his mother.

 

            “…I…” his voice is hoarse.

 

            Mrs. Nam quickly pours the water to a glass and hands it to Woohyun. But, she slowly puts it to Woohyun’s lips when she saw Woohyun’s hand tremblingly raised.

 

            “Drink slowly, Woohyun-ah.” 

 

            Mrs. Nam puts the glass to the table.

 

            Woohyun slowly gulps and slowly said,”I don’t want to wake up…”

 

            Mrs. Nam’s eyes widened.

 

            “Why did I wake up? Why didn’t I keep being in coma?” Woohyun murmured.”I miss him. I miss Sunggyu. Even though I tried to sleep and when I did, he didn’t appear. He’s gone… I thought he is real… I want to see him… Sunggyu… you said you let me take care of you forever… but now that you are not here, how can I take care of you…?”

 

            “Woohyun-ah…” Mrs. Nam whispered, too shocked to said anything.

 

            Mrs. Nam only looking at his son whose eyes become teary and finally tears are falling from the corner of his eyes and he is sobbing. His hands forming into fists and Mrs. Nam can feels that his son is very frustrated in this condition.

 

            “…I really don’t know what should I do… I don’t wanna live…”

 

            “Woohyun-ah, don’t be like that…” Mrs. Nam whispered. She slowly takes Woohyun’s fist.”…Omma didn’t know who is he, but you have to be healthy for now, so you can search for him.”

 

            Woohyun choked up and slowly raised his teary eyes to his worry eyes mom. He forgot when did the last time he looked at his mom.

 

            “Listen to Omma, okay?” Mrs. Nam said with a small smile.”Take care of your health first, so you can take care of others. It happened in your coma state, didn’t mean there is no such person in life. Maybe he appeared in your coma state for a reason. Omma doesn’t want to see in this state. It’s so hurtful, Woohyun-ah. Your Appa and I regretted a lot and didn’t want same things to happen again.”

 

            Woohyun slowly relaxing his hands.

 

            “Promise us, you will put your health in first for now. And when you are healthy enough, we will help you. We had ‘Nam’ to use, don’t you think?” Mrs. Nam laughed a little.

 

            Woohyun slowly nods.

 

            “It may be hard for you to fall asleep, but you have to try, okay?” Mrs. Nam softly said.”We have your back, Woohyun-ah. You are not alone now. We will try our best to find him, okay.”

 

            Woohyun slowly lays down.

 

            “Mom…” Woohyun softly called.”…I will sleep for a while. When I wake up, I want to eat my favorites.” Mrs. Nam nods with teary eyes, she’s happy.

 

            “And…” Woohyun continued.”…can you call Dongwoo, Mom? I want to ask for his help.”

 

            “Anything for you, Woohyun-ah.”

 

            And he slowly closes his eyes.

 

∞∞∞

 

            Sunggyu can’t hold his tears and nods while biting his lower lip, trying to hold his tears. Woohyun kisses Sunggyu’s head and straightened his back, making Sunggyu’s head moves to his chest and with his right hand, he takes the ring and puts it to Sunggyu’s ring finger. He also puts it to his ring finger.

            “I found you.” Woohyun whispered while holding Sunggyu’s hand.

            Sunggyu looks up and said.”Hyunnie, promise me.”

            Woohyun looks at Sunggyu.

            “You have to live happier, okay. Don’t keep things only for yourself. It’s okay to let it out, that’s how you can be happy. They will understand and accept it somehow.”

            Woohyun pecks Sunggyu’s forehead.”Yes, I will.”

            “Even though your family may not accept me, I will always love you. Never change.”

            “I, too, will always love you.” Woohyun whispered.

 

            Suddenly everything cracks like a mirror and Woohyun is back to reality, laying on the hospital bed.

 

            He slowly straightens his body. He has strength now, since he ate a lot before slept for the second time. His parents are not in the hospital, since Woohyun asked them to go home. He is fine now. Thanks to his mother, he can think straight now.

 

            “Sunggyu….” He murmured.

 

            The memories, or maybe, the dreams, keep playing over and over again. It’s weird when Woohyun can remember it.

 

            “Are you real?” He murmured to himself.”Are you in this world like I do?”

 

They move the foods to the table and ready to eat. Woohyun sometimes will softly wipes the side of Sunggyu’s mouth since he eats so messy. Not long, both of them already full. Sunggyu stands up to wash his hand and mouth, Woohyun follows suit. Then, Woohyun and Sunggyu are laying on the bed. Sunggyu takes Woohyun’s right arm as his pillow and looks at Woohyun.

            “You know, Hyunnie.” Sunggyu started.”I’m really happy today. Thank you so much. You are really so amazing, Hyunnie. And the foods. You really took a best care of me today.”

            Woohyun smiled.”Silly. I will always take a best care of you. Not only today.”

            Sunggyu smiled.”I really am the happiest person in this earth.”

 

            “Are you still the happiest person in this earth?” His eyes start to redden.”Because I’m not. Not when you are not here… I hope you are out there, waiting for me to find you.”

 

            He puts his face on his hands.

 

            “I love you…”

 

∞∞∞

 

There will be a long chapter for next update!

Please anticipate it, okay! :)

LOve you <3