Chapter 6

Broken People

Chapter 6

 

                “Hyun…” Sunggyu called.

            They are in hand-in-hand while walking. They are on the way to the hotel they are going to stay since it’s 11pm. Even though they haven’t exploring all places, but they will have a lot more time to do it. Nothing is stopping them now.

            “Yes, Gyu?” Woohyun looks at Sunggyu with a smile. Woohyun feels really free now. He can be himself when he’s with Sunggyu. It’s up to him to show his emotion. And he really likes to see Sunggyu called him.

            Sunggyu smiled.”I really love your smile, especially your dimple. It appears whenever you smile and it’s so mesmerizing.”

            “And I love your eyes.”

            “Hey! Did you mock me?”

            “No, silly.” Woohyun rubbed Sunggyu’s head.

            After a while walking since the hotel is a little bit far from the Gwangju Family Land, they arrive in Holiday Inn Hotel. They enter hotel with a laugh and realize they will be the attention, they tried to look like gentlemen. They check-in and will stay in grand suite room. They smile and say thank you.

            Then, they finally arrive to their grand suite room and it’s a really very spacious room. Woohyun locks the door and take Sunggyu’s both hands. He looks at Sunggyu’s face while walking to the centre of the room.

            “You must be tired. You can take a bath first.”

            Sunggyu immediately hugs Woohyun.”We can take a bath together.”

            Woohyun sways them side to side and said.”Take it first. I want to do something.”

            Sunggyu looks up and pecks Woohyun’s lips.”Okay, then.” And releases the hug.

            Woohyun sits on the chair and calls the room service. After finish his orders, he stands up and looks at the blinking stars through the window. He smiles when he remembers what is he readying to surprise Sunggyu.

            “Bam!” Sunggyu said while hugging Woohyun from behind. He tried to surprise Woohyun, but it failed.

            Woohyun turns around and pats Sunggyu’s red hair.”Were you trying to surprise me?”

            “Yes, but I failed.” Sunggyu laughed.

            “Woohyun rubs their noses together.”Why are you so cute, huh? And you have to dry your hair tho. You will get flu.”

            “I want to be hurry since you look like you are not going to enter the bathroom.”

            “Because I prepare something for you.”

            “What’s something? I think you can take a bath first.” Sunggyu said.”And I don’t accept ‘no’ as the answer.”

            “Okay, okay. And you have to dry your hair. I want to see it dry when I finish my bath.”

            Sunggyu nods.

            Woohyun obediently goes to bathroom. He is kind in a rush to finish his bath because he wants to welcome the room’s service. After 5 minutes or so, he wears a bathrobe and he exits the bathroom. Sunggyu is sitting on the sofa while hugging his knees and watching TV, but his eyes look weird.

            Woohyun sits on the sofa beside Sunggyu and looks at TV who is showing Korean Drama called: “Uncontrollably Fond”.

            “Hey,” Woohyun called.”Have a water.” And moves to open the bottle water.

            “Thank you.” Sunggyu takes it and said.”It’s kinda sad, isn’t it? He wants to spend his final live to make the girl happy.”

            “At least they are happy, even though it’s short time.”

            And suddenly the bell rings.

            “You stay here.”

            Woohyun gets to the door. He opens the door and the bellboy is pushing the cart. Woohyun smiles and says thank you. The bellboy exits the room.

            “What is it, Woohyun?” Sunggyu said.

            “You stay there. Don’t come here.”

            Woohyun pushing the cart to the sofa where Sunggyu sits. Sunggyu immediately stands up and rushes to Woohyun’s side.

            “What is these?”

            Woohyun raises the cover and the view makes Sunggyu’s wow. The luxury foods and in the middle is cake.

            “Did you call the room’s service when I was in bath?”

            “Yeah.” Woohyun said.”I know you are hungry. Well, both of us… so, let’s eat.”

            They move the foods to the table and ready to eat. Woohyun sometimes will softly wipes the side of Sunggyu’s mouth since he eats so messy. Not long, both of them already full. Sunggyu stands up to wash his hand and mouth, Woohyun follows suit. Then, Woohyun and Sunggyu are laying on the bed. Sunggyu takes Woohyun’s right arm as his pillow and looks at Woohyun.

            “You know, Hyunnie.” Sunggyu started.”I’m really happy today. Thank you so much. You are really so amazing, Hyunnie. And the foods. You really took a best care of me today.”

            Woohyun smiled.”Silly. I will always take a best care of you. Not only today.”

            Sunggyu smiled.”I really am the happiest person in this earth.”

            “No, not yet.” Woohyun cut.

            Sunggyu immediately shows his confuse face. Woohyun smiles, then turns to his left and take something. He turns back to look at Sunggyu with something in his left hand.

            “This…”

            “Will you allow me to give you my best care in your whole life?” and Woohyun opens the little box which show couple ring with stars engraved in the middle.

            “When did…” 

            “I contacted my friend who lived in Gwangju to help me. And luckily he accepted my help.”

            “You shouldn’t have…” There are glistening in Sunggyu’s eyes.

            “I want to.” Woohyun said.”You make the now me. I’m really glad to meet you, although I really wish I could meet you sooner. I decided and knew that you are the one. So… will you make me your only one too?”

            Sunggyu can’t hold his tears and nods while biting his lower lip, trying to hold his tears. Woohyun kisses Sunggyu’s head and straightened his back, making Sunggyu’s head moves to his chest and with his right hand, he takes the ring and puts it to Sunggyu’s ring finger. He also puts it to his ring finger.

            “I found you.” Woohyun whispered while holding Sunggyu’s hand.

            Sunggyu looks up and said.”Hyunnie, promise me.”

            Woohyun looks at Sunggyu.

            “You have to live happier, okay. Don’t keep things only for yourself. It’s okay to let it out, that’s how you can be happy. They will understand and accept it somehow.”

            Woohyun pecks Sunggyu’s forehead.”Yes, I will.”

            “Even though your family may not accept me, I will always love you. Never change.”

            “I, too, will always love you.” Woohyun whispered.

            Both of their eyes slowly lulled into deep sleep, entering each’s dreams. Both of them finally find peace within each other. Even though Woohyu may be found out by families, it’s not a problem anymore. He loves Sunggyu and he promises to Sunggyu that he won’t be the old Woohyun. He will speak up whatever he feels it’s not right.

            He knows Sunggyu will always support him no matter what.

           

 

            Woohyun suddenly feels his head hurts. And there are voices, whispers, everywhere. He feels his head is going to explode. Everything suddenly turns dark. He wants to opens his eyes. The voices becoming clearer and he tries hard to opens his eyes. And he slowly sees the light which make him decide to slowly opens his eyes.

            He successfully opens his eyes and the voices are clear.

            “Woohyun-ah!”

            “Call doctor! He’s awake!”

            “Woohyun-ah, can you hear me?”

            He is welcomed by the white roof and two faces that he knows very well. His parents. Woohyun feels weird. He tries to take a glance his side, but he feels his head hurts like hell and he can’t move his head freely.

            “Woohyun-ah, don’t move.”

            Where is Sunggyu?

            “The doctor is coming, son!”

            Why there is no Sunggyu’s voice?

            A person with a stethoscope suddenly appears to Woohyun’s sight.

            “Hello, Woohyun-ssi. Let me check your heart rate and everything, okay? Please calm down.”

            Is Sunggyu in accident?

            His heart rate fastened just the thought of Sunggyu.

            “Calm down, Woohyun-ssi. Everything is okay, everything is under control.”

            Then, where is Sunggyu?

            “I think he’s in shock, Woohyun-ah already in coma for 2 months since the car accident.” Woohyun heard his mom sobbed.

            Coma? Car accident?

            That’s where memory starts flooding in. After fought with his Dad, Woohyun decided to left Seoul and went to other city. He drove his car to highway and kept stepping on the pedal. And he didn’t see cars are passing and he was late to step on the brake. He turned the steer and hit the barrier.

            And that’s when hit him.

There is no Sunggyu.

∞∞∞