Chapter 3

Broken People

“Hey, you’ve been coming here for a week.” A soft looking guy said when he brought a cup of coffee to Woohyun’s table.

            Woohyun raises his head and expecting Sunggyu, but it’s another guy instead.

            “Sunggyu-hyung is not here for a week. I think he may in vacation with Myungsoo-hyung.”

            That actually answered Woohyun’s wandering about why Sunggyu never appears for a week. Woohyun doesn’t know why, but he actually waiting for Sunggyu’s sudden appearance when Woohyun the only one in this café. Maybe it’s because Sunggyu’s words for their first time talking.

            “Because we are same.”

            Though Sunggyu didn’t explain and Woohyun didn’t ask more, but Woohyun has this feeling that he might know why he understand Sunggyu’s words.

            “I’m Sungjong, by the way.” The soft looking guy said with a big grin.”And sometimes I saw both of you talking at night. Sunggyu-hyung even told you his secret place.”

            “You were there?”

            “Oh, you finally talk!” Sungjong said, faking surprised.”I always have night shift, like right now. And I think you may wonder why Sunggyu-hyung is not here, so I told you.”

            “How much? I want to close order now.” Woohyun said while standing up.

            “How fast. It’s 450won. And Sunggyu-hyung lives in Gangnam area.”

            Woohyun takes his cash from wallet and put it on the table.

∞∞∞

           

            Maybe it’s because of Sungjong or other reasons, but Woohyun unconsciously drives to Gangnam area. He doesn’t know why, but when he realizes, his car already stops in front of one of the famous restaurant in Gangnam.

            He has this little wish: Sunggyu still has his striking red hair, so maybe Woohyun can has a little glimpse.

            And he did.

            Woohyun quickly turns off his car and gets out of the car.

            “Sunggyu!” He called. But Sunggyu keeps walking and he doesn’t seem hear him. Of course, their distance is not that close.

            “Sung…!!” He stopped calling when he realizes Sunggyu is not alone.

            Myungsoo is putting his arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder. Sunggyu seems looking at Myungsoo, but Woohyun can sees a glimpse of force and scared in Sunggyu’s face. Although Myungsoo seems responding with a smile, but Woohyun can feel there is a weird meaning behind it.

            Woohyun frowns when he realizes something. But he has to snapped from it because of his ringing phone. His dad.

            “Woohyun? Can you come to InterContinental Seoul COEX in Gangnam now? I’m going to have an important meeting right now and I need you to be here now.”

            “Now?”

            “Yes. Right now.” and beep.

            And Woohyun looks around, Myungsoo and Sunggyu are gone.

 

            Woohyun just entering the hotel and he is greeted by securities. The staff immediately escorts him to the lift. Woohyun actually doesn’t care and he only hopes the meeting will not be long.

            The staff opens the door. He enters the room and the staff closes the door. Instead of a great hall with a round long table, he only greeted with a sight of suite bedroom. And Jiyeon is sitting on the sofa.

            Woohyun quickly turns around, want to hold the door’s handle to get out the room.

            “Wait.” Jiyeon stopped Woohyun.”Let’s talk about us.”

            Woohyun just stands still.

            “I lied about not forgive you. I can’t be without you, Woohyun. Let’s be together again. I know you still love me. Because I do.” Jiyeon said, walking towards Woohyun.”I will give you time, if time is what you want. I only want to be with you. I don’t care why you changed.”

            Woohyun can sense Jiyeon’s hand is going to touch his back.

            “Don’t.” Woohyun said. That stops Jiyeon’s hand mid-air.”Stop it. I don’t love you.”

            And Woohyun exits the room.

 

           Woohyun turns left, walking towards lift area. But Woohyun stops when he hears whimpers and groans. There is an unlocked door. He knows he shouldn’t intervene people’s business. But he has this bad feeling.

            “…Soo… don’t… help…”

            And that explained the bruises in Sunggyu.

 

∞∞∞