Chapter 4

Broken People

 

 

                Woohyun feels like his brain is freezing and immediately acts without thinking. He kicks the door and Myungsoo turns his head to the door. Woohyun looks at Myungsoo who is choking Sunggyu’s neck with his left hand and his right hand is raising up. And without thinking much, Woohyun runs and hits Myungsoo on the face, making him falls down.

            Woohyun checks on Sunggyu who is coughing and his eyes are teary. There is only one thing in Woohyun’s mind now: take Sunggyu away.

            So, Woohyun immediately hold Sunggyu’s waist and legs, carrying him on bridal-style and runs out of the room.

            “Sunggyu!”

 

∞∞∞

           

            There is only silence in the car. Woohyun also quietly driving. Where to? Woohyun doesn’t know. He just knows he has to take Sunggyu somewhere safe. He is just waiting for Sunggyu to speak. His brain only pushing him to ask, but he realizes he doesn’t have any rights. Who is he for Sunggyu? How dare he to ask questions.

            “Woohyun…”

            That snaps Woohyun’s mind.

            “I’m…” Sunggyu looks at Woohyun with a smile.”…heh, sorry… you had to see me in that kind of moment…”

            Woohyun stops his car to the side and looks at Sunggyu.

            “I’m… I will be okay eventually.” Said Sunggyu.”…it’s… Myungsoo is stressing, that’s… that’s why he did that. I think I will walk from here.”

            And Woohyun takes Sunggyu’s hand when he saw Sunggyu’s left hand is on door’s handle.

            “Don’t go.”

            That stops Sunggyu’s hand from opening the handle.

            “I don’t want you to go to him again. I don’t want you to get hurt. You’ve been hurt for many years, haven’t you?” Woohyun said.”Not only hurt. You’ve been broken for many years. Until now.”

            Sunggyu looks at Woohyun’s eyes and so does Woohyun.

            And they stuck for a minute, trying to reach each other’s souls through eyes.

            Woohyun holds Sunggyu’s hand.

            “Trust me.”

            Woohyun continues to drive again.

 

            They stop at the Gangnam station.

            “Let’s go.”

            Sunggyu just follows Woohyun and Woohyun does everything. Buy tickets for both of them, buy foods and drinks for them and they are waiting in the waiting room now.

            “Eat first. The train will arrive for 15 minutes more.” Woohyun said, while giving burger to Sunggyu.

            “Where do we going?”

            “You will know when we arrive later. Just relax and enjoy this, okay?”

            Sunggyu smiles.

            Not long, the train comes and both of them enters and sits based on tickets. The train is not that crowded today. Woohyun takes off his jacket and puts it on Sunggyu’s lap. That makes Sunggyu mesmerized.

            “You may be cold later.”

            “Thank you.” Sunggyu said with a smile.”You know. I see a lot of you today.”

            Woohyun gives a small smile.

            “Like right now. You smiled.” Sunggyu laughed.”I actually noticed you for a really long time in café. But I never dare to approach you. Because of some reasons.”

            Woohyun remembers Myungsoo. Myungsoo maybe really possessive of Sunggyu but he also likes to torturing Sunggyu.

            “And then, when Myungsoo is going oversea. I decided to approach you. You never talk and you always like to stirring on your café and looking up at the sky while hoping it will give you answers. I used to be like you. But our differences are I still talk with a smile on my face and I don’t hope the sky will give me answers. Because it never does.

            “And today, you talk a lot. You smiled. And I like it. A lot.” Sunggyu said.”And for the very first time, I thought the sky finally give me answer.”

∞∞∞