Chapter 8

Broken People

“Woohyun-ah, are you ready?” Mrs. Nam asked when entering the ward his son staying at.

            Woohyun is standing near the window, looking at the cloudy sky.

            Mrs. Nam softly taps Woohyun’s shoulder.”Looks like it’s going to rain, huh?”

            Woohyun softly sighs and turns around, smiles a little.”Yeah. Is the procedure all done, Mom?”

            Woohyun was announced to be discharge after he did physiotherapy for two weeks. He did it every two hours for two weeks, even the nurses and doctors were surprise how consistent Woohyun can be. Woohyun only had Sunggyu in his mind while doing the physiotherapy. He remembered his Mom told him to be healthy, so he can find Sunggyu as soon as possible.

            He’s afraid to find the result though. He’s afraid if he delayed, he will go crazy as his mind keep replying over and over again. But his other mind also scolded him to wake up, that Sunggyu may not real and it’s useless to search for the latter.

            They enter the car and Woohyun looks at Mrs. Nam.”I want to meet Dongwoo. He knew that I discharged today. And fortunately, his part in helping me is done. So I can go to Gwangju tomorrow.”

            “You want to go to Gwangju tomorrow?”

            Woohyun nods.”I asked Secretary to bought the ticket already.”

            “But, why, Woohyun-ah?”

            Woohyun turns his head to face the window.”I just got a feeling that I may find Sunggyu there. So, I need to go there as soon as possible.”

            Mrs. Nam just pats Woohyun’s shoulder, understanding what Woohyun felt.

            “Woohyun-ah! I’m glad you are better, dude!” Dongwoo said and hugs Woohyun which Woohyun responded with a hug too.

            They decided to meet in a café. And since Mrs. Nam has work to do, the driver dropped her first and was asked by Mrs. Nam to accompany Woohyun.

            “Hyung…” Woohyun started.

            Dongwoo quickly take something from his bag before Woohyun finished his sentence.

            “I know.” Dongwoo said with a smile.

            Woohyun reaches for the box and opens it, smile widely when he sees the objects. The couple rings with design exactly he remembered.

Moon and Star Rings

             “I’m sorry, hyung. To asked you come here when I decided to go to Gwangju tomorrow.”

            “It’s fine, Woohyun-ah. I came here not only for you. I also visited my friend here. His close friend is going to married and also asked me to design the rings.” Dongwoo said while putting cakes in his mouth.”Your task really inspired me when I designed for them, though.”

            “You didn’t take my designs for them, did you?”

            Dongwoo laughed.”Of course not. Yours are limited and only one in the world. I won’t make the same designs twice. And it’s my best friend’s request, I wouldn’t dare to duplicate it.”

             “Now you are the best.” Woohyun said while sipping his coffee.

            “When will you tell me who is the lucky person that caught your eyes? That make Young Master Nam Woohyun immediately ask his best pal to designed the ring when he just woke up and had to finished it in merely two weeks? Even asked his best pal to just come to Gangnam to send the rings.”

            “I can’t tell you now. But I wish in the short time, you will know it.” Woohyun said.”So, are you going back to Gwangju tomorrow? We can go together tomorrow.”

            “I think I will back to Gwangju in two weeks. I will be the VIP in my friend’s close friend’s wedding since I made the rings.”

            Woohyun laughs.”That’s good, Hyung. I’m so proud of you.”

            “I’ll meet my friend later, actually. Do you want to join? Since your Nam Company also has a reputation and his friends will be ecstasy to know you are surprisingly in the party.”

            “Well, let’s just see. I can’t promise that I will be back from Gwangju less than two weeks. I will call you, Hyung.”

            Dongwoo just nods and focus typing on his smartphone.

            Woohyun sighs and sips his drink.

            “Hyung, I think I need to go back now. I need to pack my things. My train is tomorrow morning.”

            “Okay, Woohyun-ah.” Dongwoo raised his head.”Make sure you call, okay? I really hope you can attend the wedding, tho.”

            Woohyun just pats Dongwoo’s shoulder and exits the café with a hopeful grin on his face. When he walks past the door, he bumps to someone who is entering the café.

            “I’m sorry.” They both said. The someone keeps walking and Woohyun stops a while.

            He feels like he hears that voice before, but he can’t remember where is it.

            He turns around, to see inside the café.

            That someone walks exactly where he sat before. Woohyun can feels his heart beat faster. He keeps looking at that someone’s back. That someone touches Dongwoo’s shoulder and Dongwoo quickly stands up and seems asking that someone to sit.

            That someone walks two small steps and turns around to sit. Woohyun can see his face clearer.

            His heart beat slowing down.

            “It’s not Sunggyu…” He breathes in relief. But he has this little disappointment that it’s not Sunggyu.

            He turns around and getting more passionate in looking for his Sunggyu.

 

Inside the Café…

            “I’m sorry I’m late, Hyung.” That someone said to Dongwoo.

            “No worries. I just met my friend, maybe you bumped to him, he leaved this café a while ago.”

            That someone smiled.”Maybe. So, hyung, how’s my order?”

            “Don’t worry. The rings are in production and will be finished in three days. I will ask you and your friends to meet up that day. Make sure three of you are free, okay?” Dongwoo said.”We need to do final check and make sure the size is fit.”

            “Noted. I will tell them later.”

            “So, Sungjong-ah…”

 

∞∞∞