Chapter 1

Broken People

 

 

                Nam Woohyun slowly sips his coffee. His eyes are empty, there are no lights in them. His face tilts a little to the right side. His eyes suddenly lighten a little bit, but only for a sec and it’s gone.

            “Sorry!” someone quickly said when he bumped to Woohyun’s back.

            Woohyun just ignored the voice and looking straight to the dark sky. He’s been sitting in this café for 3 hours and he doesn’t have an urge to go home. Oh, it’s not home. More like hell. Woohyun never feel like a human-being when he’s at home. Neither at outside.

            “Can you explain to me why you being like this?”

            “What’s like this?” Woohyun said.

            “You are not like this before!” She sobbed, the tears are streaming down on her cheeks.”When did this happen? When did you change?”

            “I didn’t change. You did.” Woohyun calmly said.

            She hits Woohyun on the chest.”How could you do this to me! How could you blame me?!”

            Woohyun just being still, doesn’t want to continue the fight.

            “Tell your parents. I want to stop this marriage. Even though we dated for five years now, but I don’t think I can change you.” She stops hitting Woohyun.”Tell your parents, my parents will stop helping your company now. And don’t expect I will accept your apology after this.”

            Then she leaves.

            And Woohyun just being still.

 

            Woohyun stirs his long-cold coffee.

            “I told you to love her with all your heart?! Is that really hard?!” His dad screamed and slapped Woohyun’s cheek.”Now our company will go bankrupt and it’s because of your selfishness!”

            “Woohyun-ah, why don’t you say something?” Woohyun’s mom reached for Woohyun’s shoulder.

            “He won’t say something! He will never explain!”Woohyun’s dad yelled.”It’s hopeless now! How could I let your mom gave birth to you! Useless man!”

 

            “I’m sorry.” Someone pokes Woohyun’s shoulder, making Woohyun snaps out from his mind-wandering.

            Woohyun turns around and looks at a ball of striking red hair.

            “Hi?” a striking red hair man continued when Woohyun didn’t answer him.

            Woohyun who dazing on the man’s red hair averts his eyes to the man’s face. Small eyes, soft luscious lips, pointed nose and… hm? Is that a bruise on the man’s cheek?

            “Can I sit at your front?” The man continued.

            Woohyun just nods and turns to his coffee again.

            “Thank you!” The man said and quickly sits in front of Woohyun.

            The man sips his drink and waves his hands. Woohyun glances up.

            The man smiled.”You’ve been sitting for three hours. Don’t you feel tired?”

            Woohyun just looking at the man.

            “Oh, how rude I am. I’m Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu. This café’s owner. And you are?”

            “Woohyun, Nam Woohyun.”

            “What a good name. Nam Woohyun, Namu.” Kim Sunggyu laughed.”It’s 10 pm. You are not going home?”

            “Are you going to close?” Woohyun said.

            “Oh, no. This café opens 24 hours. It’s up to you to stay how long.” Sunggyu said with a smile.”I just never see a customer sitting for 3 hours straight without doing anything and just slowly sipping coffee and stirring it. And keep looking at the sky, hoping it will give you answers.”

            Woohyun stops stirring his coffee. He doesn’t know there is someone paid attention to him.

            Kim Sunggyu stands up and walks to the stairs. Woohyun doesn’t know why but he feels an urge to follows this man. So, he stands up and follows suit.

            Kim Sunggyu stops and Woohyun follows suit. He looks up and see a clearer view of the dark sky. Even though it’s dark, there are more stars blinking at him than the place he’s been sitting for three hours straight. His decision to follow the weird man is right.

            Kim Sunggyu suddenly turns to look at Woohyun and smiles.

            “Do you like the view?”

            Woohyun nods and looks back at Sunggyu.

            “Not a bad view, huh?” Sunggyu said.”You can sit here from now on, whenever you visit my café.”

            “Why?”

            “Because we are same.”

∞∞∞