a promotion.

Part-time Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

24-year-old, Shin Aera, devoted years of her life at the Byun Corporation, making her one of the youngest long-term employees. Was it her age that was reframing her from a promotion or was it her actual experience. That was impossible, she was overqualified for this job. Determined to find out the real reason behind her promotion, she wanted to speak to the CEO herself because discussing this with her team leader was not useful at all.

 

Aera waited until the last of batch of employees went home for the day. Fortunately, it was New Year’s night which meant no one would be willing to do overtime. She rode the elevator up to the top floor where the CEO office was located. Her heart beating rapidly as the it reached her designated floor. To be vague, she had no idea what to say to him yet. It was sort of a spontaneous decision, more rational in a sense.

 

“Mr. Byun,” she knocked.

 

His lights were on, which meant he was still in the office. Aera knocked again, a bit more aggressive this time as she raised her voice. Still no answer. She tried a few more times before abruptly twisting the unlocked doorknob.

 

“Mr. Byun sorry for the intrusion, I-“ she paused when she noticed his usual jet black hair was dyed extremely light platinum. Aera watched in awe, unable to recognize her boss’s new appearance. Something about him felt off, she thought to herself. 

 

“Oh…you changed your hair…” she laughed nervously.

 

“Shin Aera…” her boss whispered, sending shivers down her spine. She was quite taken back when he said her name as she recalled only seeing him face to face only a few times at their annual company parties. 

 

“Shin Aera, would you like to make a deal?” his voice interrupted her thoughts.

 

“W-what?” she stuttered.

 

Her train of thoughts were completely ruined by the unexpected surprise. Pull yourself together, she mentally told herself before getting back on track to her initial purpose.

 

“Mr. Byun, I’d like to speak to you about a promotion,” she declared.

 

The devil smirked, relief to hear that she does want something. The perfect start to obtaining a deal. 

 

“Perfect, why don’t we make that happen right now,” he suddenly proposed. 

 

Aera’s jaw dropped slightly. This was way easier than expected. Was that the key all along, she just had to ask the CEO for a promotion? It was too good to be true.

 

“That’s it? You’re not going to ask any questions? What about my skills? Are you going to access anything?” she continued.

 

Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter