a situation.

Part-time Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up the next morning feeling as if he slept for ages. Before doing anything else, he punched in his assistant’s number to review last night’s event. He tapped his fingers anxiously on the wooden nightstand, praying that everything went smoothly. 

 

“Did we do it?” he abruptly asked her.

 

Aera choked, mistaken his question for something else. 

 

“How was the event?” Baekhyun eagerly pushed for an answer.

 

She sighed in relief, “It was great, you did well.”

 

The CEO felt a weight being lifted off his chest. After washing up, he rushed down to the lobby to meet with all of his investors. They held a large scale meeting in the same venue as last night to discuss their future business plans, going onwards. After the three hour long meeting, they were finally released for lunch.

 

At the same time, Aera finally rolled out of bed after sleeping in for the first time in a very long time. She threw her hair up in a messy bun and dressed herself in a baggy hoodie and sweats. It didn’t bother her that this was a 5 star hotel, deciding to enjoy the most out of her comfort. She headed down to the hotel buffet with some of her co-workers to spend their last day in absolute bliss. The moment when the smell of food finally hit her nose, the devil inside her emerged. In her case, the food devil, the most vicious one out of all. She quickly ditched her group to get in line with two plates in her hand. 

 

“One plate for protein and the other for carbs,” she calculated while scanning the whole room for her perfect route. 

 

“Too bad I don’t have another hand to carry my soup,” she muttered to herself.

 

“Are you having all of that by yourself,” a familiar voice interrupted her plan.

 

Aera’s cheeks started to burn up upon meeting eyes with her boss, her actual boss this time. Baekhyun shook his head slightly, judging her whole attire and life decision to stuff herself. He then took a plate out of her hand without a single warning. It was a pretty sweet surprise that she didn’t fight back for once. After all, she was way too preoccupied replaying the small kiss that they shared last night.

 

It lasted two seconds, snap out of it. 

 

“You’re not going to fight back?” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“Nope, you can have it!” she dodged, trying to make a run for the other direction. 

 

“Not so fast,” he pulled her back, “You’re going to give me a full report of last night’s event.”

 

Aera gulped. Not everything, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter