a crash.

Part-time Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Will you okay?” Aera asked in concern.

 

The devil took her hand, leading her over to sit down next to him. With a heavy heart, he decided to disclose as much as he could, excluding the possible danger in between. He didn’t have the heart to leave her in the dark any longer.

 

“I’ll be fine…and he’ll be fine as well,” he added, referring to his human vessel.

 

Aera may not completely understand his situation, but she tried her best to keep a positive mindset to believe him. Her gut told her that he wouldn’t hurt anyone, and she wanted to trust that. Even when acknowledging his circumstances, she couldn’t help but feel uneasy. His story did not feel complete, as if he was hiding something from her. Aera quickly shook off the worries, not wanting to dwell on uncertainties when he’s right in front of her. 

 

“Just…don’t get hurt,” she murmured, holding his gaze. 

 

Baekhyun smiled softly, reaching over to push a piece of hair behind her ear. Despite the unforeseen future, he decided to just live in the moment and enjoy their short time left. He never imagined being in this exact situation. Falling head over heels for this human girl is absolutely ridiculous, he told himself. But not once did he regret this decision. Unable to contain himself around her, the devil leaned in and placed a soft peck on the girl’s forehead. Just the small gesture was enough to tug her heartstrings as she responded by placing her hands over his face, in order to hide her flushed cheeks. Baekhyun a bit more by pushing her hands away from his face. Their laughter now filled the once, lonesome space. 

 

~~~

 

An exhausted Baekhyun dragged himself to work the next morning with plans to set the company back on track. The past few weeks had been especially rough, but he was determined to get everything sorted out. 

 

“Morning,” he greeted his staff for the first time in a while.

 

The team gathered around, expressing their concerns towards him and so forth. After the brief meeting, Baekhyun headed back to his office and was surprisingly greeted by his secretary instead of his assistant. He unknowingly scanned the room for her, but was informed that she left for an off-sight meeting. 

 

“I see,” he nodded in disappointment.

 

On a typical midweek, he would at least get through most of his work by lunch time, but something was clearly distracting him. The CEO caught himself staring into space multiple times throughout the day, recalling fragments of the devil’s memories. Most being with her, he noted. 

 

“That sly devil…” he suddenly remembered their short exchange from last night. 

 

“Is this what my body is used for…to lure in girls?” Baekhyun continued to mumbled to himself, somewhat slightly frustrated.

 

But deep in his intuition, he knew the two were very fond of each other. Knowing that bothered him for some reason. He tried brushing off the thoughts by resuming to his work. Half an hour went by without any distraction was a good enough progress for him. It was until a familiar voice called him and for a split of a second, his inner excitement could be seen all over his face. 

 

“Sir!” Aera barged into his office.

 

Baekhyun replaced his sheepish smile with a stern front.

 

“I have good news!” she happily announced while waving a folder up in the air.

 

The girl began to spill the successful meetings she had earlier this morning with some potential investors on their side. Smiling from ear to ear as she summarized her day to him was absolutely intriguing. He watched her silently to absorb every bits of her joy, but Aera held back when she realized the Baekhyun in front of her may not be as comfortable.

 

“Sorry,” she whispered, her eyes trailing off to the ground.

 

“Is that it?” he asked her in the midst of their awkward silenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter