a cold night.

Part-time Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Miss me?” Baekhyun teased.

 

She buffed, “As if.”

 

To be quite frank, he knew she was lying. She went here three consecutive nights, and he knew that simply because he was also watching her. He didn’t know why or how he led himself here, but at one point it became a routine to check on her. But what else could he do beside watching from afar, not knowing where this could lead. 

 

Aera looked down, unable to meet his gaze. 

 

“Where have you been?” she mumbled.

 

“Work,” he simply answered.

 

She wanted desperately to ask him more, but Aera decided to hold back. After all, she didn’t how close they were to be asking personal level questions nor did she want to force him. She quickly changed subject and started to unwrap her chocolate bun. Aera scooted her chair closer to where he was then proceeded to offer him the dessert.

 

Baekhyun smiled, accepting her rare offer. 

 

“You’re really not curious about who I am?” he decided to ask. 

 

Aera shrugged, “It doesn’t really matter to me who you are. It’s none of my business at the end of the day.”

 

For some reason, a small part of him wanted her to be curious. He wanted to tell her everything, about him, and who he really was. He wanted to share that with at least one person. One is enough.

 

“It’s getting late, I should get going…” Aera started to gather her things. 

 

“I’ll take you,” Baekhyun offered, already taking out his car keys.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter