CHAPTER 8

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeryeong woke up to the sun kissing her skin. She fluttered her eyes open, sat up and looked to the other side of the bed. Ryujin wasn't there, and thoughts instantly filled her mind. Is she really dating Ryujin now or was that a dream? How come she didn't pinch herself last night to see if it was happening for real? What if she didn't pinch herself cause it was a dream she didn't want to wake up from? Her thoughts were then interrupted by the sound of the door clicking open. It was her, smiling so bright that it shamed the sun outside. 

"Good morning sunshine," Ryujin greeted as she took a seat on the bed.

Chaeryeong tilted her head to the left with a frown. She wanted her questions to be answered and there was only one way to do it. "Love?" she called out tentatively, causing the older to smile even wider. "Please say love. Please say love. Please say love."

"Yes love?" Ryujin replied, putting Chaeryeong's lone strand of hair back into place.

Chaeryeong gasps in disbelief, "Oh my god, it's real. I thought that was a dream."

The short-haired girl chuckled and held the latter's face in her palm. She leaned in and rubbed her nose against the younger's. Chaeryeong didn't see that coming, but it sure did make her heart jump. She cracked a smile and envelops Ryujin into a hug. She's happy she can do it comfortably now, without any hesitation. She no longer needs to hold herself back now that they're officially dating. 

Pulling away from the hug, Chaeryeong's stomach rumbles.

"Want some breakfast?" Ryujin asked as she offered her hand. They head downstairs with their arms looped. The woman with a bob cut greeted the girls as they strode into the dining area. 

"Good morning kids!" she said, hugging the two girls. She moved her gaze to the tall girl and smiled. "Chaeryeong, right? I'm Ryujin's mom." She nonchalantly blurted out.

Chaeryeong's jaw drops. "Her mom is this young? How?"

Just then, another woman with blonde hair approached them. She was wearing an apron and her hair was tied into a bun. She was pulled by the woman in short hair. "Chaeryeong-ah, meet my wife."

"Good morning, and it's nice to meet you Chaeryeong-ah. Did you sleep well?" she greeted as she flashed her gummy smile. 

"Yes, and um, nice to meet you too," She shyly responded. "So she has two young and pretty moms? How come she never told me that?"

Ryujin breaks the short silence with a jaded sigh. "Okay, done done. Unnie, stop teasing Chae." She then faced Chaeryeong who was still unaware of the situation. "This woman here is my cousin, Nayeon unnie and the other one is her wife, Mina unnie. They barge in here whenever they want and I do the same at their house."

Chaeryeong slowly nods, biting her lower lip as she grasps the situation. "Oh."

"Yeah, but we're technically her moms so blah blah, Ryujin-ah." Nayeon bites back, earning a glare from the younger.

Mina looked at Chaeryeong softly, "Let's eat, you must be hungry."

Ryujin's eyes beams in excitement as she sees the food on the table. "Stacks of pancakes and hot chocolate? Oh my god, this is why I like you guys. I looove Saturdays!" Chaeryeong smiles at her baby-like girlfriend. Ryujin's composure was suddenly crushed into pieces, all because of the food served on the table.

"It was Nayeonie's idea, you can top the pancake with anything you like. There's butter, some whipped cream, maple and chocolate syrup, and berries." Mina said as she gestured to the girls to take a seat. 

Nayeon joined the girls on the table with a small bowl of marshmallows in her hand. "Here's some marshmallows for the hot chocolate, dig in girls." 

Ryujin flashes her infamous whisker smile, "Thank you moms!" she exclaimed before setting up her pancake. 

Nayeon winked at Chaeryeong and whispers from across the table, "Told ya we're her moms."

Nayeon, being the extrovert she is, kept the conversation going as they ate. She would flirt with Mina from time to time and would also tell Chaeryeong stories of Ryujin as a kid. It didn't even take long for Chaeryeong to feel comfortable around the women she just met. They were both sweet and funny, and they somehow reminded her of her sister and Sana. She would often catch Ryujin looking at her, and she would only smile back at her. Moments later, they finished eating and started cleaning up.

"I'll help," Chaeryeong volunteered, but Ryujin only smiled at her. 

"Nayeon unnie and I will take care of it. Join Mina unnie on the couch, I'll be there soon, okay?" she suggested.

"O-okay." she muttered before heading to the couch. 

Ryujin cleaned the table while Nayeon did the dishes. It's their usual routine when they have meals together. The older was quick to do her job and walked towards the younger. "So? What's with the sweet smiles earlier, huh? Any progress?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows with a mischievous grin.

Ryujin couldn't help but smile at the latter. Nayeon is always the person she runs to whenever something exciting happens–well, she’s the first person that comes into her mind when she needs someone to talk to as well. She took a deep breath and decided to break the news to her. "We're dating, unnie. I finally had the guts to confess to her."

Nayeon squeals in excitement and hugs the girl. "See? I told you it would work," she smugly said.

"I kind of doubted you but thanks, unnie." Ryujin teased.

The bunny-like woman puffs, "Silly, but I'll take it. Good job."

 

Ryujin was desperate after she heard from her friends that Chaeryeong's popularity among the students was skyrocketing. She even witnessed random guys sneaking love letters on the girl's locker. She decided it was finally time to make an action. She didn't want to lose the girl to someone she'll probably hate so she mustered some courage to finally confess her feelings. 

Yeji and Lia probably would give her terrible pieces of advice and Somi is nothing but a huge flirt. That leaves her one option, her go-to person, Im Nayeon. Nayeon was popular back then in university. Nobody has ever turned her down except for one girl, Myoui Mina. Nayeon fell way too hard for the Japanese girl and she was very determined to win her heart. Years later and they are happily married. She was the perfect person to ask for some dating advice, she made a miracle happen by making Mina, the cold ballerina, fall for her. They had a vacant period and she took the opportunity to call her cousin. Once she laid out her situation with Chaeryeong, Nayeon gave her one of her methods.

 

Im Nayeon's 'How to Get the Girl' method number 4: The K.A.C method 

*success rate: 75% (rises or diminishes depending on the situation)

Steps:

1. Kiss 

° If she kisses you back, it means she likes you or she might like you.

° If she doesn't kiss yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter