CHAPTER 6

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryujin went back to school the day after. She was too tired to call Lia when she got home, and of course, she had to explain everything the next day to her friends. As soon as she got out of the car, she was welcomed by Yeji and Lia with their arms crossed. She slowly walked up to them with a small awkward smile creeping up her face.

"Good morning?" She greeted, which sounded more like a question since she was unsure if the morning was gonna be good in the first place. 

Yeji nods without batting an eye on her. Lia sighed and looped her arm with their maknae. As they started walking in silence, Ryujin's head was full of regrets. She has a lot of explaining to do for her grumpy friends. It went like that all the way up to their classroom. Once they settled their things on their seats, they gathered at Yeji's seat. It's usually where they talk since it was at the back part of the room—it's technically their territory. 

"Okay, Shin Ryujin, you know what to do," Yeji said as she rested her back on her chair. 

Ryujin took a deep breath before talking. She explained everything to them and apologized for not telling them sooner. She also promised a movie night with Somi during the weekend to properly introduce them to each other. The two agreed and demanded that they get the privilege to pick a movie for them. After finally having an arrangement, Ryujin went back to her seat.

 

After a short while, Chaeryeong came in with Yuna. The girl greeted her as soon as she saw her. "Hey, you. You owe me."

She giggles, "Yeah, lucky you. By the way, is that how you usually greet people?" She joked, earning a playful smack on her shoulder.

"Only to my seatmate who didn't attend school yesterday. Good morning." Chaeryeong nonchalantly replied as she took a seat.

Ryujin sighs, "Good morning, and yeah, yeah, I'll give you what you want."

The two had a deal where if one of them skips a whole day of school, she's gonna owe the other person something—more preferably food since they both love food. Being the competitive person they are, they tried their best not to skip school. Ryujin wouldn't want to anyway, but guess what? 

 

  Cool Kid

  Unused 

  Used 

Chaeryeong

      1 

    0

Ryujin

      0 

    0 

*1 cool kid point = free food 

 

The latter hums as she thinks of something. She bit her lower lip, looking as cute as ever. If being that adorable was a crime, Chaeryeong would probably be in prison by now—with a death sentence, but they're gonna spare her cause nobody kills an angel. "Hmm...I just had some ice cream the other night, so–"

"Wanna have dinner together?" If they can't have ice cream together, she offered, then why not a whole damn meal? It's also a great opportunity to show her friends that she is not a baby, just like they always tell her. Well, aside from proving that she's not a baby, she just wanted to spend some time with Chaeryeong alone—cause it only happened for, like, two times?—somewhere else aside from their school campus.

Chaeryeong was taken aback, but she took the offer anyway. "Deal, after school?"

"After school. Wait, what do you want to eat?" she asked. Deciding on where to eat has always been a hassle when it comes to Yeji and Lia.

"I think I've been craving some burgers and fries lately. I mean, I'm fine with whatever you want to–"

Ryujin cuts her off, "Your cool kid point, your call."

"Burgers and fries then. Oh yeah, I heard you visited your mom. How was it?" the girl responded. 

Ryujin was quite happy that Chaeryeong was trying to keep their conversation going. "Yeah, it was great. Somi came along, and we visited our old school too." She replied with a soft smile. 

"Cool, that's good to know."

"Teacher's here!" Felix announced, causing the students to go back to their seats. Since when and why he does that, nobody knows it's quite convenient, so they didn't really mind.


 

"Hey Ryujin, we're gonna have a sleepover tonight at my place. Be there." Lia announced as she put down her tray on the table. It was more like a statement she was declaring, not even asking if the latter agrees with it.

Ryujin shook her head and started speaking without any pause, "Sorry, I can't tonight. Remember my deal with Chaeryeong where if one skips school for any reason aside from being sick? Well, I skipped one day, so that means one cool kid point, and I owe her some–"

"Gosh, why aren't you a rapper?" Yeji interrupts, "Yeah, we remember. So you're gonna have to treat her food, right? Is it gonna be some tteokbokki, ice cream, or something?" 

"I uh...invited her for some dinner cause I don't really have plans later. Dad is probably busy at the hospital, and Nayeon unnie has something to do at her job. Oh, and by the way, it's just a dinner, not a date." She emphasized, not wanting her friends to get the wrong idea. 

Yeji smiled sheepishly at the girl across her. "So... Let me get this straight. Two people, namely Shin Ryujin and Lee Chaeryeong, are gonna be eating some dinner together later."

"And you don't call that a date? Cray cray Ryujin, but reaaally smooth. You're growing up so fast." Lia added, making the latter's nose scrunch in annoyance. 

She rolls her eyes, "Yeah, whatever." 

Lia lets out an exasperated sigh. "By the way, how long are you gonna be a baby? Do you know that she's getting popular nowadays? Heol, she's like a dancing machine!" 

Yeji nods. Chaeryeong is indeed gaining popularity nowadays. "Yeah, I heard that she's been getting a bunch of love letters and stuff. No pressure, Ryujin, but if you keep on waiting for some magic to happen, then you're gonna be single forever and maybe grow old with some cats. You know well that we don't want that to happen."

"Yes, thank you. I feel your deepest concern and love for me, yay." Ryujin replies in monotone, it's been the nth time that they've had this discussion and she's so over it. But as hard it is to admit, they are right.

 

They're currently having lunch at their usual table at the school cafeteria when Yuna suddenly approached their table. "Hey, Ryujin. I hope you don't mind us joining cause there aren't really any vacant tables."

"It's cool, be our table buddies or something. Ugh, I hate third-wheeling." She complained as she pulled out a seat for Yuna.

"Ah, I'll sit over here. My friend is gonna be sitting beside you." Yuna replied in the most casual way possible.

Ryujin nodded. "Okay."

"Since when did you two get so close?" Lia asked with her eyebrows furrowing. Out of all the years she has spent on the campus, this is the longest interaction Yuna and Ryujin had. They would often borrow some pen or ask for a piece of paper from each other, but that was just it.

"We're cousins, Lia. We literally have the same surname, so I thought you'd both know without having me tell you." Ryujin explained.

Yuna then waved her hands. "Over here, Chae!" 

Great, guess she won't be third-wheeling alone from now on now that there's not one but two other people joining their table. "This d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter