CHAPTER 7

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeryeong paced around her room. The kiss she shared with Ryujin kept playing on her mind. Her cheeks are heating up, her mind is still not functioning well and her stomach still feels gooey cause who wouldn't? She just lost her very first kiss on Shin Ryujin and she is still stunned. She lazily dropped herself on her bed. She then looks up to her ceiling, "Holy crap, how do I face her tomorrow?" She mumbled while pinching the bridge of her nose.  

She tossed and turned, couldn't sleep as thoughts of Ryujin filled her mind—specifically the kiss they had a few hours ago. She checked her phone, and it was already 12:05 am. ", it's midnight already." She got up from bed and strode to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. There she saw Sana on her robe, pouring herself a glass of water.

"Can't sleep?" The woman asked, raising her eyebrows on the girl walking to the fridge. 

She nods, "Yeah, some dumb thoughts on my mind won't let me. Why are you still up?"

Sana flashed a smirk as she answered. "I had a looong night with your sister and she just passed out. I came here to rehydrate."

Chaeryeong quickly covered her ears, "Gross, unnie! TMI!" She instantly regrets asking Sana in the first place, why did she have to know that? She's still thankful the rooms are soundproofed, or she would have had to deal with the sinful and lewd noises the two make when they're in the mood.

"What was I supposed to say then? I have insomnia? I don't lie, Chaeryeong-ah." She smugly replied.

Chaeryeong brings the carton of milk to the kitchen island, joining the older girl.

"Want some chamomile tea? It will help you sleep better," she offered and the girl nods in reply. She walked to get a cup and heat some water for the tea. Chaeryeong shoved the milk back in the fridge and waited patiently for the tea instead. Moments later, Sana served the tea to the younger. "So, tell me these dumb thoughts that are keeping you up."

She flutters her eyes, contemplating whether she should tell it to Sana or not. "Um, since when did you become a therapist?"

The older girl rolled her eyes and took a seat beside her. "Just tell me, is it a ‘hot in the oven news’?" 

"Yeah, very funny, unnie."

Sana smiled softly to the latter, urging her to speak what's on her mind. Chaeryeong sighs before replying. "Ryujin and I kissed, unnie. It's crazy, I don't know how to face her tomorrow!"

"Okay, WOW. Definitely hot in the oven but, did you kiss her back?" she asked, making the other girl stop. 

Chaeryeong then recalls the feeling of Ryujin's lips against hers. The sparks it sent her nerves, the burning sensation she felt in the pit of her stomach, and how she didn't want it to end. "Yes, but–"

"Then why can't you sleep? I don't see any problem here, she must have felt something and you just felt the same." Sana explained, trying her best to shake off her desire to sleep. 

"Hmm," she hums, "What do you mean I felt the same?"

"Look Chaeryeong, people don't kiss without any feelings or alcohol. Oh wait, did you drink? I am so telling Chaeyoung."

"No! Why would you say that?" Chaeryeong retorted.

"Okay, so Ryujin felt something that made her kiss you, right?" The latter nods. "And, you kissed her back cause you also had the same feeling. Sleep now, child. I had a rigorous activity and you have school tomorrow." Sana walked upstairs to go back to the bedroom, leaving the girl alone in the kitchen.

Chaeryeong sips every last drop of the tea before heading back to her room. New questions were filling up her mind such as, "Was that supposed to be an answer? What feeling? Does that mean she likes me back?" Though she was still deep in thoughts, she fell asleep with the help of the tea.

 

It's been two days and Ryujin and Chaeryeong are still acting like nothing happened. Did they talk about the kiss? Nope, and they have been avoiding that topic. Both of them knew that they're going to have to talk about it sooner or later, but neither of them are ready. They haven't been talking that much either. What's worse is that they have been assigned as partners in a school project that requires them a sleepover—cause it is due on Monday, they didn't really make much progress and because they both have plans for the weekend. They agreed to do it at Ryujin's place since Chaeryeong hasn't gone there yet. 

 

Lunch time was very awkward, Chaeryeong was more quiet than usual and tried her best to not make any eye contact with Ryujin. Yuna was keen to notice it and she shrugged it off yesterday, but not today. She decided to ask her best friend about it as soon as possible. Right after Yuna finished eating, she looked at the girl across her. "Hey Chae, you done?" she asked. The latter looked up from her finished food and nodded. "Cool, um, we'll go ahead guys. We have to read something at the library. We'll see you later."

"Okay, see ya." Yeji waved as the two girls stood up and left the table. The five have gotten close in a short period of time due to the times they have spent together during lunch and they even interact more lately. 

 

Chaeryeong tries to catch up with her friend who was walking way faster than normal. "Yuna, wait up! We just ate, I can't afford to get a stomach ache right now. We have a quiz later!"

They barged into the library, Yuna picked up some comics before walking swiftly to their usual spot. They took a seat, and Chaeryeong gave the younger a questioning look. "Really Yuna? We rushed here for you to read some comics?"

"We still have 45 minutes." Yuna sighs exasperatedly and looks straight into the girl's eyes. "Bottom, we've been best friends ever since the day I memorized the multiplication ta–"

"You memorized it in fourth grade," Chaeryeong uttered, causing the other girl to glare at her.

"Exactly, I'm a late bloomer, but at least I'm not a bottom." She bites back. Chaeryeong might be competitive, but no one is as competitive as her.

"Hey!"

"Shh, that's not even the point why we're here." Yuna replied, giving one of the comic books to the girl. "So, I sensed some tea and I wanted you to spill it. You've been acting weird around Ryujin lately. Did anything happen between you two?"

Chaeryeong looked back at her innocently, she looked so pure she could fool anybody. But not her best friend, she has wondered so many times if Yuna was even human. She could always sense if there's something wrong, she can tell if Chaeryeong is lying better than her biological parents and heck, there's a chance she can even read her mind.

"So does your nose bleed like Eleven?" she asked out of nowhere, earning a facepalm from the younger. 

Yuna groans, "Stop changing the topic. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not a psychic? I'm your best friend, if I had any power other than my charms and beauty, it would be, 'Lee Chaeryeong's super best friend power.' So just...for the love of god, tell me already."

Chaeryeong sighs in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter