CHAPTER 2

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having a club activity on her situation right now is really annoying. "Why did it have to be today?" She complains in her mind as she lazily picks up another trash and puts it on a plastic bag.

"Hi there, miss grumpy." Her friend Yuna greeted her out of nowhere.

"Hello there. You look reaaally happy," she nonchalantly replied with a fake smile.

The latter snorts, "Hey, we don't have school after this. We're excused from our classes today thanks to the activity."

Chaeryeong sighed in exasperation. "I only signed up for this cause you begged me, Yuna. I'd rather be in class right now, not gonna lie." She groggily picks up a few more pieces of garbage. She didn't want to be here in the first place. Sitting in class right now is way better than being exposed to this heat. 

"Aigoo, you're so whipped with me that you couldn't say no," the younger teasingly replied.

Chaeryeong gasps at the remark of her friend. "Excuse me, ma'am, I am gay but I have a taste."

The latter giggles and scoots closer. "You do? Tell me."

The girl glares at her, she's teasing her after having her exposed to the heat of the sun. Chaeyoung, Sana, and Yuna call her a vampire. She's a homebody who would rather watch dance videos, dramas, series, or movies on her laptop all day instead of going out. 

"Hmm, let me guess." She starts with the most popular girls in the class, "You like good-looking people. Hwang Yeji? Choi Jisu a.k.a. Lia? Oh wait, they're dating. Ah! I'm sure you're into Ryujin."

'Ryujin'. She froze when she heard that name. "Holy hell, Yuna is either a witch or a psychic." 

Yuna laughs mischievously at her friend who is possibly panicking right now cause her to guess is once again, correct. "Girl, you can't fool me. We basically grew up together and you know that. You like the 'mysterious aura' Shin Ryujin is emitting and also her boyish fashion style."

"It's just a stupid crush, Yuna. So what?" she defensively replied. She admitted since there was no way out anyway, cause Yuna has figured it all out effortlessly.

An idea pops into the younger's mind. "Let's play a game. I'll stop calling you bottom if you get to date Ryujin."

"Are you seriously asking me to have a bet with you? I don't do that, Yuna."

"Hey chill out, Mushu." She leans closer to whisper something to her. "Bottom," she teases before running away.

Chaeryeong knows this isn't a really good day. All she wants to do right now is to go home, take a shower, then read a book to sleep. But she's gonna have to deal with more trash before that. And Yuna, of course. 

 

Just as the club's moderator, Ms. Kim Yerim promised, she let the members go home as soon as the activity ended. Chaeryeong goes home right away and takes a cold, refreshing bath. Chaeyoung and Sana are still at work and they said they'd go to the grocery on their way home so she's gonna be alone for a few more hours. Watching tv right now is probably not a good idea. She was too tired and all she wanted to do was to rest. She decided to take a long nap to let the time pass by. She slept like a baby, she didn't have a dance class that day so she can sleep as much as she wants. A few hours later, she woke up. 

Everything happened so fast. She had just texted Chaeyoung moments ago and there she was, standing in the front door with hanging open. She couldn't help it, it was just too impossible. How on earth did her sister and Sana meet her? Shin Ryujin, the most popular girl in her class. A girl who literally looks good in anything, someone who gets her answers wrong on purpose just because she doesn't like attention, and the girl everyone, both girls and boys, swoon over. Her ticket to being free from being called a bottom (honestly, she'd rather be called a bottom cause she has no chance at all). Luckily, the girl didn't see her staring, or maybe even drooling.

"Chaeryeong-ah, keep her company for now. We're gonna be cooking dinner in the kitchen." Chaeyoung said as she and Sana casually stride their way to the kitchen without even batting an eye on her. "Great, not even an explanation. Very well done, boomers."

They exchanged smiles. "P-please take a seat," she offered and the girl gladly complied. Maybe sitting on the couch will lessen the awkward tension between them. Or not, but Yuna is probably gonna freak out once she tells her this. 

To her surprise, Ryujin speaks first. "I'm sorry for coming here so suddenly. We met at the grocery and they insisted on me coming over for dinner. I couldn't say no."

She shook her head. "No, it's okay. Sana unnie is just being Sana unnie." She joked and they both giggled.

Chaeryeong noticed that Ryujin had a bag in her hand with what seemed to be snacks. "What did you buy from the grocery?" 

"I bought some snacks for me and for my babies." She replies, she observes the living room. There were artworks and some candles as decorations. The place was very comfy as well that she even felt at home there.  

"Maybe she calls her friends babies. Oh, wait no, she's the youngest in that group."

Chaeryeong hesitatingly asked as she tilted her head to the side with confusion drawn on her face, "Babies?"

Ryujin didn't even realize that she said babies instead of kitties. She does call them babies and it wasn't a bad choice of word but, really? "I have two cats at home, Byul and Dal."

"Ah, I see," the girl replied as she hugged a throw pillow. 

"Oh, right. I have something for you," she fishes out something from the plastic bag. "Sana unnie said I shouldn't come empty-handed." She hands her something with a soft gaze.

It was a pack of her favorite chocolates. She didn't want the girl to wait so she hesitatingly accepted it. "Thank you, you shouldn't have bothered getting me this."

Ryujin smiles back at her, "It's okay, I'm sorry I never talked to you when we're literally in the same class. I hope this will make up for it. I'm just not really the social type of person, but I hope we can be friends from now on."

"Sure." Chaeryeong can't and won't ever say no to that. Not after she saw the girl's infamous 'whisker smile.' She opens up another topic, not wanting their conversation to die down. "I'm sorry about Sana unnie, my sister just can't control he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter