CHAPTER 3

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryujin and Chaeryeong got close really quickly, they feel even more comfortable around each other now. The latter's charm was too much, and Ryujin got even more enthusiastic in school. She never liked going to school as much as she did before, but there she goes, smiling almost the entire day. Sadly, it's a weekend once again which means, no Chaeryeong. She sighs, maybe she can visit Mina and Nayeon. She didn't think twice and took her phone to call them.

Ryujin: "Nayeon unnie!"

Nayeon: "Oh, hi kid."

"Who is it?" Mina asked in the background.

Nayeon: "It's our kid, honey. What's up? I'm guessing that... you are bored."

Ryujin: "Yes, can I come over?"

Nayeon: "Mina, Ryujin wants to come over."

Mina: "Okay."

Nayeon: "Okay."

Ryujin: "Anything you want me to bring?"

Nayeon: "Mina, is there anything you want Ryujin to buy on her way?"

Mina: "Some soda, I guess."

Nayeon: "Ryujin ah, Mina wants soda."

Ryujin: "Gotcha. See you there, whipped lady."

Nayeon: "'Hey!"

Seeing Nayeon whipped on Mina is sometimes entertaining, and sometimes annoying. Ryujin loves visiting them cause she's simply comfortable around them and it's also fun lazing around with them. Mina is a homebody like her but Nayeon would sometimes suggest they go somewhere. 

She immediately changed her clothes and picked up her skateboard. She refused her driver's offer and insisted that she wanted to take a bus instead. She got off and skated her way to Nayeon and Mina's house. She had a backpack on her which contains her personal things and the tumbler she always brings. Just when she was a few blocks away from the convenience store, she suddenly bumped into someone.

"Ow! Can you watch where you're going?" the other girl exclaimed.

They were both on the ground, but Ryujin immediately stood up to check the other girl. "I'm sorry, I got distracted and I was–" She stopped after seeing the familiar face. "Somi?"

The latter looked up as she heard her name, "Ryujin?"

She nods, "Oh my god, it is you! How have you been? I mean aside from causing us to fall like this."

Somi giggled as Ryujin helped her up. "Well, my dad decided that we're gonna stay in Korea now."

"That sounds great! We should hang out sometimes just like in the old days but, are you sure you're okay? Aren't you hurt anywhere?" She asked worriedly while checking if her friend had any scratches.

"I'm fine, maybe an adhesive bandage will do. I'll just go buy at the convenience store," she replied.

Ryujin picked up her skateboard and pulled Somi's hand. "Good, let's go together. I was supposed to buy some soda anyway." The latter couldn't say no, and they were already at the convenience store a few moments later. Ryujin insisted on paying for the bandage and also treat her wound. Somi had hurt her knee from the fall while the other girl had bruises on her wrist and arm. 

"Woah, where did you learn this Ryujin-ah?" Somi said as she observed the girl cleaning her wounds. "Is this what you have learned while I was away?" she added. 

Ryujin giggles, "Silly. I have a skateboard, it happens quite a lot to us skaters. Here you go," she then covered the small wound with a cute-looking bandage. 

"Thank you, but we could have picked the plain ones, you know? Walking around with such a fancy-looking bandage with fruits is quite embarrassing."  

"Exactly."

"Hey!" She hits the girl's arm, forgetting the fact that there was a bruise sitting on it.

Ryujin flinches, "Ow! Careful, lady. You haven't changed at all. Still barbaric and violent as ever eh? You scared me so bad earlier!"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," she giggles, "Where were you going anyway? You live in Seoul now? Do you live around here?"

She nodded in reply, indicating that Somi was indeed right. "Yes, but I live somewhere else. I'm actually on my way to Nayeon unnie's house. Wanna go with me?" Ryujin suggested. She missed her a lot so wanted to hang out with her. 

"I'd love to, but I have to go somewhere. Let's exchange numbers and hang out some other time, okay?" Ryujin agreed and they exchanged numbers. She grabbed her stuff, and the soda and snacks she bought. She got some snacks just in case cause she's kind of late and that they're probably half mad and half worried. 

They met when they were in first grade. Somi got a lot of attention and was bullied, but Ryujin always had her back, along with Heejin. The three of them were inseparable back then, but with one snap, Somi left and so did Ryujin. Somi had to move back to Canada and Ryujin had to move to Seoul. Heejin actually used to date Ryujin, and it simply just didn't work. Right after their break up, her parents had a divorce. Ryujin was a mess, skipping classes and all. Her parents decided that it was best for her to move to Seoul where her dad's workplace and her cousin's home is located. Ryujin might have ignored her parents, but she would never do that to Nayeon.

"Finally! What took you so long?" the woman asked as she laid her eyes on the girl. The latter only shrugged and entered the house. She went straight to the kitchen and put the bag of sodas and chips she bought on top of the counter. 

"It smells great!" She exclaimed as the sweet aroma of popcorn welcomed her.

Mina walked toward them and immediately noticed the girl's arms. "Hey, did you fall? Where did you get these bruises?" She asked, pointing at the bruises she had. Okay, it was more than two but it's normal if you do this kind of sport. 

Nayeon carefully grabs her arm to observe it. "I told you to stop skateboarding, didn't I? You didn't even wear some gear!"

"I bumped into someone, but I treated her wound," Ryujin replied as she opened a can of soda. "I'm fine, moms." She added.

"Wa-was the girl pretty?" Her cousin hesitatingly asked.

"Nayeon!" The other woman shouted with a firm voice. The one that sends chills down Nayeon's spine. The latter immediately raised her hands in the air as if her wife was pointing a gun at her. Well, her glare was definitely deadly and...kind of hot, if you ask her.

Ryujin giggles at the sight, "Damn, this is why I visit you guys. It's really fun to be here."

"Shut up, kid."

Mina taps her wife's shoulder. "Nayeon, go get the ice bag. I'll go get some ice." She complied right away and gave it to Mina.

 

A few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter