CHAPTER 10

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Campus day, one of the loved events of the academy. It is an annual event not only for the students, but also to their friends and families. The students spend the whole day exploring food stalls and booths set up by clubs and organizations. The athletic club's jail booth, theater club's horror booth and the art club's photo booth, are just some of the crowded places in the event. The most popular booth is undeniably the blind date booth. The demand is so high that people have to get reservations beforehand. Some are set up by their friends to someone they like while the others are paired based on the personality tests taken by them. It is sought after by the students mainly because they wanted to meet new friends or maybe a potential boyfriend or girlfriend.

Chaeryeong and Yuna were stuck in the photobooth's ticket stand for a few hours before having the freedom to roam around the campus. Being one of the most popular in the event, their booth was very busy. Students came rushing in to buy tickets from them. Their booth is a must-stop because it commemorates the day itself and it's also a good souvenir. 

Yuna groans for the nth time, complaining repeatedly to the older. "Geez, you're such a baby, Yuna. You're the one who dragged me to join this club." Chaeryeong retorts to the ninth complaint she heard from her friend.

"I only joined cause it has a lot of perks, bottom." Yuna bites back.

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes, "Yeah, and also because Chaeyoung unnie suggested we do so. You're an athlete, you're supposed to be dressing up as a police officer with the athletic club." 

"Yeah, and if I did join that club, we wouldn't be able to skip school together," she reasoned out. 

Just then, a short-haired girl appeared and joined them at the booth. 

"Hi Love, hi Yuna." she greeted, smiling dearly to both of them. She gives a quick peck on the girl's cheek before sitting beside her.

"Ryuddaengie, where's Yeji unnie and Lia unnie? You're supposed to be having fun with them. It's quite boring here." Chaeryeong greeted back, shifting her gaze from her friend to her.

Ryujin pouts, "I left them, I said I'd hang out with you guys instead. And no, it's not boring here cause you're here, Chae."

Yuna cringes on the cheesy remark of her cousin. She then grins when an idea comes running into her mind. "Hey Ryujin, want to take my spot? I'm really bored here and I want to check the food stalls."

"Sure, you go and I'll stay here with Chae." Ryujin replied without any hesitation. Her main reason why she was there in the first place was to watch out for guys eyeing Chaeryeong. She feels like she always has to be around her so that they wouldn't get to lay their eyes on Chaeryeong, or even ask her out just like what happened the night before.

Chaeryeong glares at her friend who only shrugs at her. Yuna explained what Ryujin's job is gonna be before leaving. The tall girl frolicked through the crowd on her way to the food stalls, leaving the couple behind. 

"Are you sure you're okay here? I still have an hour and a half to rot in here." Chaeryeong asked, worried if the girl might get bored there.

Ryujin giggles, "There's no place I'd rather be, Chaeryeong-ah. Now let's get this over with." She assured the girl with a smile. 

 

Meanwhile, Yuna came looking for Yeji and Lia right after buying some food from the stalls. She found them on the horror booth's line with two other girls she didn't know too well. 

"Yuna!" Yeji shouted from afar once she spotted the tall girl walking towards them. 

As the youngest got closer, she recognized one of the girls they were with. "Somi, right? We  met a few times at the dance studio," she asked after greeting them.

The latter nods and reaches out her hand, "Yes, and you're Yuna, right?"

"Yep, nice to meet you." She then shifted her gaze at the other girl who somehow looked familiar as well. She's quite sure that she has seen her before, but she can't really remember when.

"She's Heejin, also one of Ryujin's friends. You saw her once on Ryujin's instagram," Lia interrupts, breaking the silence between them.

Yuna hums at the realization, "Oh yeah, I knew you were familiar. Uhm I'm Yuna, Ryujin's cousin." 

Yeji offered Yuna a free ticket to the booth and joined them inside. 

 

The couple were still stuck in the ticket booth. They held hands under the table, constantly smiling as they did so. The older never thought that having a left-handed girlfriend would have so many pros. Ryujin was happy that she chose to be with Chaeryeong because thankfully, no one has flirted with her girlfriend, yet.

A familiar guy appears and approaches them. It was Daehwi, the guy they met last night at the restaurant. He was laughing with his friends as they strode to the booth. 

"Eh? Ryeong-ah, fancy seeing you again," he greeted, looking as cheerful as ever. 

Chaeryeong smiles back at him, "Yeah, you too."

Daehwi shifts his gaze on the other girl. "Hey, uh Ryujin, right?" The latter nods and reciprocates the smile.

She knows he's harmless, but the fact that the guy had a nickname for her girlfriend was annoying as hell for her. 

"How did you guys know about the event?" The girl asks with curiosity. Daehwi goes to another school, somewhere far away from theirs.

"My friend Guanlin goes here and he invited me and the guys. I heard from him that you're an art club member just like him and that this is your booth, right?" he replied, pointing at the studio right behind them. 

Chaeryeong nods, and they bought tickets from them afterwards. 

 

The next pair of customers surprised them. It was Mina, Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Sana all together. The two girls greeted them before engaging into their own conversation.

 

"Unnie, you came!" Chaeryeong greeted her sister who had Sana clinging onto her. 

"Yes, and we came here as our first sto–," Chaeyoung proudly replied.

"Second, she had a strawberry ice cream back there." Sana cuts her off, earning a smack on her arm from the girl. She then bought some tickets from them and proceeded inside with Chaeyoung. 

 

 Meanwhile, Nayeon was reading the information about the booth. "Art club? Ryujin-ah, you're not an art club member. You don't like joining clubs."

Ryujin smiles, "I'm working part time today, unnie. I can't leave Chaeryeong looking this pretty, it's not safe." 

Chaeryeong blushed at the girl's words—she could be a sweet talker sometimes.

"Damn, that was smooth Ryujin-ah. You're learning well." Nayeon replied with a hint of teasing on her voice. 

"I learn from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter