FINAL CHAPTER

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't get mad at me." Chaeryeong suddenly hears from the entrance of her bedroom.

 

She slowly turns around to see her girlfriend, puckering her lips into a pout. "What did you do this time, Ryujin? I don't smell any burning pancakes," she replied, looking back to the mirror to fix her hair.

 

Ryujin sat down on the latter's bed, fiddling the hem of her shirt as she shifted her gaze on the floor. "Love, I know that we have been busy with school work and university stuff and that we're finally having a break this weekend so you probably want to spend it alone with me but I uh..." she sighs, "I brought company." 

 

The younger stood up to leave the vanity and sat with the short-haired girl. She speaks up when it takes way too long for the other girl to talk. "Who?"

 

Chaeryeong paused to think and spoke once she had a guess in her mind. "Is it Somi?" she asked with a glint of hope in her eyes. Somi is definitely one of the most fun people she has ever met in her life, and she has crashed onto their apartment whenever the girl gets in a messy argument with her younger sister. It was fun, and seeing grumpy Ryujin because of Somi’s teasing has always been a delight.

 

"Hell no, not Somi, she's too touchy. So, remember when I told you that it's almost Nayeon unnie and Mina unnie's wedding anniversary?" Ryujin tentatively asked.

 

Chaeryeong frowns, a thought comes to her mind but she hopes it's not the reason. "Did they fight again?"

 

"No, no. They're completely fine. Nayeon unnie is even planning a surprise  for Mina unnie. But she had this," she clears , "teeny tiny problem that only I can help with." 

 

The long-haired girl tilts her head to the side,"What problem?"

 

Ryujin takes a deep breath before speaking. "It's that no one is–"

 

"Nami wants cookieeees!" a young girl's voice from the living room cuts her off.

 

Chaeryeong gasps in surprise, "No ing way, Shin Ryujin."

 

Just then, the kid enters the room and jumps into the Chaeryeong's arms. "Ryeongie unnie, I like you better than Ddaengie unnie."

 

Ryujin pouts at the two girls as she crosses her arms. "That's so mean, kid," she replied, making both of the girls giggle.

 

"Nami chan, since when did you get here? Oh how I missed you so much, darling," she coos the younger as she her hair. 

 

"My mom brought me here so I could have a sleepover with you. Can we watch movies? I like Pumbaa and Timon." She replied as she observed the room. 

 

Chaeryeong smiles at the girl before cupping her cheeks. "Can you go ahead to the living room? Unnie has to talk with Ddaengie first. I'll bring cookies then we'll watch the movie. Is that okay?" 

 

The child nods her head and does as she's told. 

 

"Chae? I am so, so sorry. I just wanted Nayeon unnie to spend more time with Mina unnie alone. She has been so stressed in her job lately and I thought it was a good opportunity for them to spend some time together." Ryujin explained as Chaeryeong eagerly listened. 

 

The latter leans in for a soft, lingering kiss and smiles as she pulls back. "Why are you apologizing when you're not doing anything wrong? Nami is a good kid and I don't have any problems having her over. Besides, I do think Nayeon unnie should get some rest and have some fun with Mina unnie. They both deserve it. You’re just being the amazing person you are  and there’s nothing for you to feel sorry about okay?"

 

Ryujin only smiles at her understanding and caring girlfriend. "I love you," she mutters. 

 

"I love you too, silly. Now let's get that baby some cookies." The latter giggles as she agreed.

 

They spent most of the day on the couch, watching countless Disney movies whilst they munch on some homemade snacks prepared by Chaeryeong herself. 

 

As the kid got too engrossed with Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba singing the 'Hakuna Matata' song, Ryujin took the chance to give her girlfriend a quick, lingering kiss on her lips. 

 

Chaeryeong only smiles at the sudden act of the older. "Idiot." 

 

"Your idiot," Ryujin replies and winks, making the long-haired girl giggle.  


 

A lot of things have happened. They graduated from high school and are currently studying in the same university. They also decided to move in together in an apartment nearby since it was a better option than sharing a dorm room with a random stranger. In terms of meeting each other’s family, they have had dinner during the night of their graduation to celebrate. 

 

If you’re wondering about how their sisters are doing, Sana has finally proposed to Chaeyoung about a month ago while Nayeon and Mina adopted Nami–Mina strongly disapproved of the name suggested by Nayeon but to her surprise, it fit the child very well as the name means ‘beautiful’ in Japanese. 

 

After having dinner at the child’s favorite Japanese restaurant, they decided to drop by at the playground on their way home. Nami was smiling from ear to ear, sitting on one of the swings with one hand occupied by an ice cream. 

 

Chaeryeong smiles at the adorable sight and shifts her gaze on the girl beside her. She frowns and faces her girlfriend. She leans closer, making Ryujin gulp. This was definitely not the time for them to make out, not when there’s a kid only a few meters away from them. 

 

“Shin Ryujin,” Chaeryeong huskily whispers as she pulls the latter’s thick hoodie. “You’re not wearing anything underneath?” she asked.

 

“N-no.”

 

And with all the strength she could muster, she hits the girl’s arm. Ryujin gasps as she feels the stinging pain on her left arm. “That really hurts…”

 

“You should’ve at least worn long underwear. You need layers to keep you warm. Throwing on a thick hoodie doesn’t work,” the younger replies with a worried face. She pouts and turns away from her girlfriend. 

 

Ryujin can be quite irresponsible sometimes and she worries the younger a lot when it comes to these things. “Seriously, what w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter