CHAPTER 9

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How did she get so lucky? She must've done something heroic and marvelous in her past life. She's currently dating the girl of her dreams, Shin Ryujin. The girl she has been crushing on ever since she laid her eyes on her. It was Ryujin's first day at their school, where students were flocking around her. She didn't really care much when she heard that the new girl is attractive as hell because she was too busy drinking strawberry milks with Yuna that time. She ignored the fact that they had a new student that time because she believes that she's not as shallow as the other students. 

Chaeryeong always supports Yuna in her volleyball games. She might also have a teeny tiny crush on the coach, Kim Soohyun. Anyhow, she has never missed Yuna's match. She always picks a nice seat where she can see the scoreboard well. She sat on her usual seat, punctual as ever. There wasn't much of a crowd yet and the game starts in half an hour.

She fiddled with her phone for the meantime, not really interested in engaging in a conversation with random strangers. She got distracted when three girls passed by and sat in front of her. She knew the two girls, Yeji is known well in the campus and her friend Lia who had just transferred instantly became popular as well. There was this one short-haired girl she didn't know. Is she perhaps, the new girl? She wasn't sure but she had the feeling that she was right. She heard from her classmates that the girl exudes a strong girl crush aura and was extremely pretty. She is also aware that the girl is her best friend's cousin.

Her hypothesis was confirmed to be true when she heard Lia say the girl's name, Shin Ryujin. A few students on her back were also whispering that Ryujin was indeed the new girl. She took a quick look at the girl's face and boy, the rumors were damn true. Her heart may have leaped out of her chest for a second when she saw her giggle with her friends. 

Chaeryeong didn't forget to cheer for her friend and their school's team since it was the reason she was there in the first place. She may have gotten a bit distracted by the girl in front of her, but she tried her best to shake off the thoughts. Time passed and she focused on her dancing and studies. Chaeryeong would often get distracted by thoughts of Ryujin, did she...like her? She couldn't accept the fact that she may have a crush on Ryujin, a girl.

It was the stage when she started questioning her uality, but with the help of her sister and Sana, her questions have been answered. She's a biual, a person who gets attracted to both men and women. Despite the absence of her parents, they have always been open-minded and supportive. Chaeyoung, Sana and Yuna's never ending love and moral support has also helped her accept who she really is. She learned from them that your ual preference doesn't make you any less of a person and that everyone has the right to be free with their choices and give love to whoever they like. 

Thanks to her best friend Yuna who dragged her to the library to read comics, she was able to see Ryujin up close. She couldn't help but smile when she finally got to introduce herself to her.

She was tremendously happy and nervous when she found out that she's in the same class as Ryujin. She didn't really expect it and she was almost losing hope since it was their last year in high school, but god had other plans for her. She didn't really have the guts to interact with Ryujin, but she was fine watching her from afar. 

Chaeryeong is usually pouty on Sana's decisions, but not when she invited Ryujin over for dinner. It was her longest conversation with the girl after all these years and they even became friends after that. Just when she thought that she was lucky enough to have her over for dinner, they became seat mates, table buddies and now girlfriends. She still can't believe it up until now, she feels like everything was unreal, but Ryujin would always push away those thoughts for her.


 

Chaeryeong had no problems going public with Ryujin. Well, maybe a little cause she's the shy type of person. She wasn't a hundred percent ready but she didn't want her girlfriend to wait. Ryujin was considerate enough to ask her about it, and she didn't really want to hurt her by hiding the fact that they were dating. Besides, she wanted the people who kept on flirting with Ryujin to stop. She's quite possessive and gets all grumpy when she's jealous. 

She didn't forget to break the news to her sister and Yuna. Chaeyoung and Sana got so excited that she threw a little party for her—talk about being a proud sister. They didn't forget to slip in their Hot in the Oven News with Lee Chaeryeong segment, and it was the best news so far. 

It didn't take long for the whole campus to know that she was dating Ryujin. They always walk hand in hand, hugged, and latched onto each other, enough for everyone to realize they were dating. She's glad that the love letters and gifts she's been getting have diminished, and so did the people desperately trying to get Ryujin's attention. 

The five table buddies started hanging out more often. They have gotten more comfortable around each other as Chaeryeong has been showing her goofy side lately. Turns out, she's the funniest out of them all. Yuna had no problems fifth-wheeling cause she loves getting free food from them. Though she might have cringed several times on their cheesiness, she was still happy that she is in a group of friends now. 

 

Chaeryeong and Yuna were quite busy today with the art club that they didn't get to join the three for lunch. They were setting up their booth for the school event on the next day. Their booth was actually more of a photo studio. There were costumes and props the customers could use as they took a photo.

There has been something bothering Yuna all day long. She feels like she's forgotten something really important, something that she has spent her money on. Was it perhaps an order from online shopping?

"Hey nerd, where do you think we should place the ticket stand?" Chaeryeong asked without batting an eye to Yuna. Not hearing a response form the latter, the older carefully observes her friend who seems to be distracted. Yuna is usually talkative and she's only quiet when she's thinking about something. "Is everything alright?" 

Yuna hums, trying her best to remember what she has accidentally bought. "I paid for something but I forgot what it is. I think it's something I've been looking forward to and... Damn, I can't believe it slipped off my mind!"

Chaeryeong releases a sigh of relief, it wasn't that much of a big deal since it happens often. "Just check your phone later or something, you'll get notifications once they ship it to you. Let's just do these decorations for now, shall we? Yeji unnie is treating us to some pizza later tonight and I don't want to be late for that."

"Pizza? Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that." Yuna swiftly shifted back her attention to their booth once again, she d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter