CHAPTER 1

Hello, Anxiety | Ryuryeong au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Ryujin, a 17 year old high school senior in a prestigious school, paces her way to the back row of the classroom.  Believe it or not, she never wanted to attend this school at all. Her dad sent her to this school right after middle school because he thought that she hasn't been on her best discipline. Well, he's... not actually wrong, but hey, she had a lot fun though. She used to skip classes just so she could hang out somewhere with her friends instead, but everything changed when she met this girl.

Lee Chaeryeong, a girl from her class. This 'random girl' somehow made Ryujin attend every single one of their classes. She has no idea how she got attracted to her when she's literally just a girl who doesn't support the 'photocopy system'. It's basically cheating but the students used it as one of their many codes for 'safety measures'.  A girl whose smile can–theoretically–blind people, has long brunette hair and a perfect body. Ryujin admits that she likes the girl, but only her friends Yeji and Lia know. It took her a lot of courage to tell them but she kind of regret doing it in the first place after being teased by them almost every single day. 

 

***

Yeji sighs for the nth time, Ryujin called them up to the school's rooftop only to make them wait for the sun to set. "Yah Shin Ryujin, I swear I am leaving if you make us wait any longer. Are we doing a ritual? You've been fiddling with your bag's zipper in silence for ten minutes straight and I'm about to lose it. I didn't come here to watch a live asmr." The eldest just couldn't take it anymore. She could've had an ice cream by now if they didn't go there in the first place. 

"Babe, you gotta chill," Lia interrupts her girlfriend and turns her attention to the other girl. "Ryujin-ah, you can tell us anything. We may tease you sometimes, but that's just us doing our jobs."

Ryujin finally looks at the two and takes a deep breath before finally speaking. "I just had to tell you this because I didn't know what else to do. I'm going crazy and please don't tease me that much about it cause I'm not even a hundred percent sure," she asks with her signature puppy eyes and frown. 

The two girls exchanged a look with each other before nodding to Ryujin. It will be hard but...they'll try. 

Ryujin takes a deep breath. "Okay, so-I-think-I-like-someone-and-it's-really-confusing-and-all-cause-I-don't-know-if-she's-gay-and-if-she-isn't,-that-would-be-really-sad-but-still,-I-think-I-like-her-and-it-would-be-great-to-date-her," the girl blabbed onto her friends without any pause.

Yeji and Lia were pretty much used to this side of Ryujin. She's basically a rapper with that speed of hers. They have known each other for years and Ryujin has been third-wheeling for over a year now. 

They looked at her with amusement. Ryujin acts tough and cool, but deep inside, she's just a soft little baby who has to be protected at all cost. Yes, her friends love to baby her.

Yeji clears before taking a seat, joining the two girls once again on the bench. "First of all, you are so adorable when you're crushing on someone. Second, I love the gay energy you're emitting."

"No, I am not adorable!" Ryujin quickly responds. She hates it when people call her adorable or cute. She's too cool for that.

Lia giggles, "Yes, you are. Our baby is all grown up. Yeji honey, look at her having a crush." 

Ryujin lets out an exasperated sigh and glares at her friends. She clearly told them just a few moments ago not to and here they are. The two seemed to get the message and gulped in fear. 

Yeji then clears and asks, "Who's the lucky girl?"

"It's Lee Chaeryeong but I have no idea why it's just... her." She mumbled but loud enough to be heard by her friends.

Yeji and Lia weren't stunned by the information at all. They knew Ryujin too well that they noticed her stealing glances at the said girl. "We kind of noticed that, but I'm happy you told us," Lia replied in a soft voice.

The latter's eyes widen, "AM I THAT OBVIOUS?" 

"No, you silly. But we know you enough to assume that you do like her. So," Yeji paused. "Do you have any plans of asking her out? It's almost a year had passed since your last breakup. You should date someone," she suggested.

"That's the problem, Yeji. I don't know how."

***

There goes her day, boring as usual. What's worse is that Chaeryeong wasn't at school because of an activity from the club she was in. If only she knew, she would've skipped school today and chill at Nayeon's office. It was way more interesting to be there than in a boring class with boring people around–except for her friends, she loves them enough to not call them boring cause...yeah they simply aren't boring. Ryujin never had any struggles in school, she could pass the tests even with her eyes closed. She doesn't aim too high though, cause that will only make her gain attention. She's had enough from her fellow students and she wouldn't want to get more from the teachers. She would often get her answers wrong on purpose. Her friends think it's stupid, but she doesn't care anyway.

 

Yeji had a meeting at the student council and Lia had to go somewhere. "Great, I thought this day couldn't get any worse than it already was." She decided to buy some clothes and cat treats at the mall instead of going home early. Her dad probably isn't home yet and lounging in her room isn't a good choice either.

Ryujin's parents are divorced, she's a product of a failed fixed marriage. She knew it was coming, but being in reality somehow hurts. It's kind of sad that she doesn't even have any siblings to share her burden with. However, as time passed by, she started to finally accept the harsh situation. It was better than witnessing their fights, seeing her dad drink way too much, and hearing her mom sob from across her room. Ryujin had trust issues because of this and she has always been extra careful in letting people into her life. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter