Our Kind Of Conversation

Moonsun Being Parents
Please log in to read the full chapter

{A/N: As I am still in the mood to celebrate Mamamoo's 6th anniversary, this chapter is released early for everyone. Enjoy!}

 

Scene 6: She's a baby!— Literally

 

Byul POV

 

"She did so well" I smiled as I glanced at sleeping Yongsun, with Uju in her embrace.


 

"How is she now?" Yongsun's mom asked, a hint of tears can be seen in her eyes.


 

It's almost 24 hours after the labor, I decided to give both of our parents a call since they couldn't be here physically. Of course both of my stepmother and actual mother were very elated to hear about the news. And Yongsun's mother is not an exception either. When I show them a peek of sleeping Yongsun through a video call, all three of them teared up. To the point that myself, is getting emotional.


 

I gazed at Yongsun and I couldn't feel anything else but love for her. Before, she was stunning but now with this motherly-glow all around her, she looks too good to be true. I fell in love at every glance I took of her. I know it sounds greasy, but I couldn't help myself.


 

"So far, she is doing well" I replied, looking back at my mother-in-law who I've grown comfortable enough to call eomma.


 

"Do you need any help with the postnatal care?" Eomma asked, her warmth can be felt through her smile.


 

"Ah" I rubbed my nape as I chuckled. "That was what I wanted to ask you about..I think it would be better if you are here with us. I can focus on Uju more and you can help Yongsun to recover"


 

Eomma's eyes lit up at the suggestion. "I'd love to help! I've missed Yongsun too..and I really want to meet my Hae Ju" She beamed excitedly and I learned, that is where my wife got her characteristic from.


 

"Then I'll buy the plane ticket for you, will it be okay if you come here in two days?" I suggested politely.


 

"Sure sure! The sooner the better!" Eomma clapped and I couldn't hold back my chuckle at how adorable she is.


 

"Thank you, eomma" Smiling genuinely, I wiped my tears away.


 

Somehow, I am getting softer within every minute. Is this the effect of having a child that you can call your own? I am not just a hamster now, I'm a hamster filled with tears. I'm just super happy, alright? Don't come for me and calling me a crybaby, I can't still give you a good flying kick ಥ_ಥ





 

"No, thank you, byul-ah" Eomma responded, shaking her head in the process. "You have done so much for my daughter. Every time I call Yongsun, she never fail to mention what you're willing to do for her. Sometimes, she would cry and keep on repeating what a good person you are, what a great wife you are, what a loving hamster you are"


 

I chuckled at the mentioning of my somehow infamous nickname among our families. And again, I felt myself wanting to cry.


 

Eomma smiled like every proud mother would do. "I don't regret, handing my daughter to you. Honestly, I don't think I could find a better match for my Yongsun. She chose well"


 

"Aish.. stop it, eomma" I sniffle, chuckling in between. "I'm shy"


 

Eomma giggled as she watched my reaction. "Thank you again, Byul-ah. From the very bottom of my heart" She uttered again after we settled in a comfortable silence.


 

I smiled as I bowed my head slightly. "Thank you as well, eomma. I'll see you in a few days" Clearing my throat, I waved before she ended the call with an 'annyeong~' 


 

I snorted as I remembered back the conversation. Shaking my head to change the thought, I lifted myself up from the sofa and went to my two sleeping angels.


 

"So breathtaking" I muttered to myself, brushing Yongsun's hair to the back. Gently, so I won't stir her from her dream.


 

She was feeding Uju just a few hours ago, while binge watching Harry Potter. First the tiny one fell asleep and soon her mother followed suit.


 

"My beautiful Hae Ju" I whispered, caressing her mochi cheek with the back of my hand.


 

When my tears welled up again, I sighed quietly. "Ariana Grande is going to riot, MoonbyulE...when will you start the no tears left to cry era? For everyone's sake"


 

Sniffling, I wiped my tears as I lowered my head and hovered over my daughter's super duper extremely too-perfect-its-unreal, adorable face.


 

"Baba loves everything about you, Uju-ah..if anyone tells you to change anything about yourself, Baba will feed them to the baby shark dududududu" With that being said, I kissed her forehead. And I meant, every word I just said. Yes, including the dududududu.


 

When a quiet mumbling sound came from Yongsun, I lifted myself to stand straight(A/N: putting this word here sounds so weird lol iykyk) and look at her.


 

Her sleepy eyes met mine and I was quick to her caress her head. "Hm?" I hummed, looking at her with concern. "Do you need anything?"


 

"My hands.." Yongsun mumbled with her hoarse voice. "Cramp.."


 

With just the three words, I immediately understood her request. "Ah..I'll hold her" Putting 1000% care, I lifted Uju from Yongsun's arms, keeping the little one safe in mine now.


 

"Thank you" She smiled weakly, perhaps she was still sleepy. "I'm hungry" She blurted, her hands busy massaging one another.


 

And I somehow, saw that coming, way earlier.


 

 

"I heated up some food in the microwave earlier. I think it was brown rice, grilled salmon, greens and some sauce...the nurse said it's good for you to gain back your energy" I informed, puckering my lips to point at the said thing, placed on the table next to her. "I think it's still a bit warm"


 

"You're a saint" She said as her hands quickly grabbed the food.


 

I chuckled, taking a seat at the corner of the bed as she gobbled up the rice. "Slowly, Ddunie. No one is taking the food away from you"


 

"I'm starving, it was like I exercised in my dream" She shook her head, taking a big bite of the salmon.


 

Tilting my head, I grinned as I stared at her. "Is it good?"


 

Yongsun nodded her head vigorously.


 

"You deserve it" I admitted. "Let's eat a lot of good food from now on"


 

She lifted her head and smiled, somewhat wider than before. "Your treat?"


 

"Of course" I wriggled my eyebrows. "This is CEO Byul"


 

"Since when are you a CEO" She questioned, her eyes squinting.


 

"Since Solarsido, you are very aware that I am your biggest shareholder right?" I questioned, purposely teasing her.


 

"Auuuu you and your nonstop shareholding threats" Her face contorted with annoyance.


 

And it managed, to make me release a laugh. A more quiet one, of course, wouldn't want Uju to wake up. "20 percent, Yongsun-ssi~"


 

Yongsun POV

"20 percent of slaps, you mean?" I asked, looking at her with a smug.

Please log in to read the full chapter