Our Very Own Universe

Moonsun Being Parents
Please log in to read the full chapter

Scene 5: Our Very Own Universe— 9 months

 

Third Person POV

 

A scream filled the bathroom and Byul was quick to ignore her ongoing mushroom soup as she ran towards the source.


 

"WHAT WHAT WHAT IS IT TIME" The hamster yelled as she barged in the room. Her wide eyes dropped on Yongsun who stood a few feet from the bathtub with a disgusted face.


 

"THE LIZARD JUST DID A 1/2 SOMERSAULT INTO THE BATHTUB LIKE WHO IN THE WORLD GIVE IT A PERMISSION?!" Yongsun yelled with all her heart.


 

Hearing it, Byul's knees went weak as she sat on the floor. "Yong..I thought you were going to give birth.." She breathed heavily, caressing her own chest in attempt to calm down.


 

The older woman, who seemed to be very occupied with her hatred against the lizard, doesn't seem to hear what her wife was saying. Instead her eyes still furrowed as she watched the reptile swam around. "Yah. Won't you get out now?"


 

"Yong.." The younger one called.


 

"Omo..just look at this thing. How dare you look at me in the eyes? I'm much older than you" Yongsun squinted her eyes, somehow having an eye contact fight with the lizard.


 

"Yong" Byul called again, almost whining now.


 

Finally the older one turned to look at her wife who looked pretty much drained.


 

The hamster extended her hands towards her wife. "You scared me.." She voiced out truthfully.


 

"Ah..I'm sorry" The older one smiled apologetically as she held Byul's hands, helping her to get up.


 

"I thought you were hurt or something" The younger one uttered again. As soon as she stood up, she hugged her wife tightly. "You okay?"


 

Yongsun nodded, reciprocating the hug.


 

The hamster released her sigh of relief. "Let's get you dressed now" Softly, she said.


 

"And the lizard?" Yongsun asked, sincerely concern that the animal would join her for the second time.


 

"I'll send it off to the national diving team. No worries" Byul smiled as she pecked the tip of Yongsun's nose. "You can get yourself dressed and we'll eat after, yeah? I made mushroom soup today since it's raining"


 

The older woman's eyes sparked at the name of the dish. With a grin, she nodded her head and went on to wear her clothes.
 

***
 

The two laid comfortably in their bed, sharing each others warmth as they slept.


 

Yongsun somehow felt hungry in the middle of the night. Hence she tapped on her wife's hand so Byul would release her from the cuddle. Her heart almost dropped when the hamster sat up immediately and started to wear her jacket.


 

"What time is it?? We could get there in ten!" The younger one babbled as she wore her pants. "Is it painful? Just hang on, yeah?"


 

A confused witch was seen blinking a thousand times as she watched her wife. "Byul?" She called, wondering if the younger one is sleep walking and sleep talking simultaneously.


 

"It's okay, baby. It'll be fine. I'll hold your hand very tightly so you don't have to be scared" The hamster said in one breath as she started to put their important documents in the backpack.


 

"Byul" Yongsun called once again, she then stood up and went beside her busy-packing wife.


 

"We got this, Yong. I'm here with you" Byul added in as she felt herself getting more and more nervous.


 

"Byul!" The older one called sternly, holding on Byul's face so she would look at her.


 

"Y-yeah?" The hamster answered, concern was all over her face.


 

"It's not what you think it is.." Yongsun said gently, she somehow felt as if she is disappointing the younger one. "I'm just..hungry"


 

"Oh..." The younger one breathed out, the bag falling from her hand. "It's not?"


 

Yongsun shook her head, the sullen look on the younger one's face made her feel bad. She knows how excited Byul has been, counting days and minutes for the due date.


 

"I'm sorry" The older one muttered, caressing her wife's cheeks with the pad of her thumbs.


 

"Don't be" Byul smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her wife's ear. "I was panicking for no reason"


 

"But still..you must've felt very hopeful" The older one sighed quietly.


 

"Sooner or later, our Uju will be here. It's not a false hope" The younger one said with her calming tone, trying to comfort her wife. "I mean..at least I have practiced, if it ever comes during the time we don't expect it" She grinned widely. "Now, let's eat..I think the samgyetang that your mother made is still in the fridge. Are you okay with that?"


 

A single tear escaped Yongsun's eye but she was quick to wipe it away. "That sounds perfect"


 

"Why are you crying??" The hamster giggled. "Let's go, I would need to boil it first"


 

The two settled in the kitchen, with the younger one busy reheating the soup and Yongsun sitting at the countertop, staring at her wife's back.


 

"Byul-ah, don't you think we should prepare a room for Uju?" The older one started.


 

"Hm?" Byul raised an eyebrow, placing a cup filled with milk in front of her wife. "Like a personal room?"


 

"Yeah" Yongsun nodded, uttering a soft thank you to her lover.


 

"Hm..I plan to just put the baby crib in our room first, you know" The younger one suggested. "I think it's a bit dangerous to let her sleep alone at such a young age"


 

The older one nodded as she agreed with the opinion. "I think so too...like who knows what kind of creature that can bother our daughter"


 

Byul looked at her wife as she giggled. "Did you watch paranormal activity?"


 

Hearing the assumption that hits bullseye, Yongsun let out a giggle. "I did"


 

"No wonder our concern is so similar" The hamster shook her head in amusement. "When I watched the movie, the first thing I thought was to not let my children sleep by themselves"


 

"Same" The older one chuckled along. "Plus it would be easier, if she cried in the middle of the night, we would know instantly"


 

"True true" Byul responded, her hands busy scooping the soup and pouring it into two bowls. She then plated the dishes on the countertop.


Please log in to read the full chapter