Sick

Yoong Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After good minutes, Yoong snapped out of reality and he hastily search for Seohyun. He found her just in the standing in front of the school, couldn't continue because of the rain that's starting to pour hard.

 

"Looks like we have to-"

 

"I don't have an umbrella." Seohyun pouted. She couldn't face the doe-eyed after the kiss. It was just like 30 minutes ago. She still couldn't believe what she did.

 

Yoong tried to see her face but she would turn away. "Yah, look at me." He holds her shoulder and tried to turn her but she won't budge. He himself is still in disbelief. "The kiss was unexpected. You didn't mean it, I know." Just to make her feel better, he told her. "But the kiss, I... actually like it. It... it was my first kiss." He bit his lower lip as it still lingers his lips. It was ten seconds long only but he sure still feels the soft and sweet lips his girlfriend has. "Come on, you don't have to be shy about it. It was-"

 

Seohyun abruptly turned. "I broke my father's rule! How am I going to face him without thinking of that?" she unconsciously raises her voice.

 

"Rule? There's a rule?"

 

Seohyun nodded. "Yes." She sighs. "He asked me... not to do it yet but... Aish, I don't know what possess me. I just... I mean, I can't resist you." she pouted and turned to face the school gate not far from them and sigh so loud. "How are we going to go home now?"

 

"Chincha?" Yoong grinned. "That's why you said those words as well?"

 

Seohyun sent the doe-eyed with glares which made him chuckle.

 

"Fine let's not talk about it now. But really that was fine. I mean, I'm your boyfriend. Just don't tell your father or never ever tell the truth."

 

"I'm a bad liar." Seohyun warned.

 

The doe-eyed chuckles. "You do. Aish, as what I said, let's not talk about it now. Um, I have an umbrella to be honest." He opened his backpack and took it. "We can still go home." He smiles while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

"You're prepared." Seohyun finally smiled again.

 

"I always do." Yoong proudly smiled back as he opened the umbrella. "Uh, let me carry the flowers." He suggested and the latter handed it.

 

Seohyun then smoothly hold the doe-eyed's arm as they slowly and carefully walk to the gate. The wind suddenly blows, Seohyun has to hold her skirt.

 

"Wait." Yoong stopped them from walking and make his girlfriend hold the umbrella. He then took his uniform blazer off of him leaving him wearing only the long sleeve polo, and tie it around his girlfriend's waist to protect her from the wind and not getting seen. "There."

 

Seohyun is fluttered and smiled sweetly. "Thanks, Oppa."

 

"No probs." Taking back the umbrella, they proceed to leave the school and walk to the bus stop. "It was too sunny earlier, why is it raining now?"

 

"Weird weather again." Seohyun mumbles. She felt so protected with his blazer.

 

"Tomorrow better be a good weather until the graduation day." Yoong says hoping for it. So, it won't be hard to leave home.

 

"Oppa, your right shoulder is wet." Seohyun gasped when she realized it. He was giving the umbrella more to her. "Yah." She hit him when he only smile.

 

"I'm fine. Just don't get soak." Yoong reasoned.

 

"I hate you." Seohyun mutters.

 

"Be careful with words, you might regret it." Yoong playfully replied as he snickers.

 

"Anyway, I haven't mentioned. Sohee, she seems to know what's going on between us."

 

"I sense that as well."

 

Seohyun looked at him. "Chincha? How?"

 

"During rehearsals. I saw her staring at you. I wanted to talk to her but I thought it's best we'll keep it from her. At least until graduation."

 

Seohyun pouted her lips as she recalls the rehearsals. She never noticed anything from Sohee except when she asks her about Yoong. 'I was busy stealing glances to my boyfriend.' She admitted to herself while smiling like a fool.

 

"Seohyun, what's your plan tomorrow?" Yoong snapped her out of reality.

 

"What should I plan?" Seohyun had nothing in mind.

 

"We will only have rehearsals tomorrow... during the morning. So, the afternoon is pretty much free." Reminded Yoong, smiling meaningfully to his girlfriend who had a puzzle look on him. "What do you think?"

 

"I... think I will just review. I mean, the day after tomorrow is already my entrance exam. I can't just sit around, can I?" Seohyun realized it.

 

Yoong however didn't like the answer. "Chincha? You'll just go home right away?" That his smile disappears.

 

"Wae? Do you have another plan, Oppa?"

 

"I want to ask you if we can go on a date."

 

Seohyun stopped on her tracks that makes the doe-eyed face her. "I'm... " She's speechless, doesn't know if she will be sorry or take back what she said earlier.

 

"But it's okay. We can schedule another date after graduation." Yoong felt ashamed of himself and quickly took his words back. "You have to review well for the entrance exam. That's more than important."

 

"No." Seohyun shake her head. "I think... I can review on the night. Yeah, Let's go on a date after rehearsals then." And she hastily grabs his arm again, smiling brightly.

 

"Chincha?" Yoong got brighten.

 

"Where are we going to have a date?" Seohyun excitedly ask.

 

"Hmm, let me think of it first. What's important, we have scheduled our first date." Yoong brightly responded. He felt more than excited as his girlfriend.

 

Moments later, they arrived at the bus stop and just on time both of their stomach grumbles.

 

"It's 6pm." Seohyun sighs while sitting next to the doe-eyed.

 

"We need to eat." Yoong suggested. "There's a nearby convenience store. Don't leave be right back." Without waiting for her reaction, he jogs towards the store with an umbrella.

 

Seohyun pouted while hold her stomach. But she couldn't help and smile as her eyes landed on his blazer, tie around her waist. It was really sweet and gentleman for him. She is fluttering again as she recalls how he protectively tie it. But she pouted again as she can see it was soak from the rain.

 

After a while, Yoong returned with a plastic bag containing two cup noodles that he already cooked and bottles of water.

 

"Ahh, should have told me. I could have bought for us."

 

"It's okay. It's a cup noodles date anyway." Yoong announced, handed the cup noodles and chopsticks to his girlfriend. "Enjoy your food."

 

"Yes, thank you, Yoong Oppa." Seohyun playfully bowed her head as she accepted it.

 

"You're welcome." Giggling, Yoong took his own share. He casually put Seohyun's bottle near her and opened it for her first before he slurps on his noodles.

 

Seohyun thumbs up while nodding and munching her food. It's warming up her stomach which is comforting and relieving. But her eyes suddenly landed on Yoong's lips, quickly reminded her of the kiss. She got choke on her food that she has to cough.

 

"Omo, here." Yoong hastily handed her the bottle of water.

 

Taking the bottle, Seohyun drink the water carefully. Her cheeks are blushing unconsciously.

 

"Aigoo, the noodles are so good?" Yoong chuckles in amusement. "I'm glad I choose the write flavor. It's nice to share this with for the first time. I feel so giddy."

 

Seohyun exhaled so loud and smile back to him. "I can't think cup noodles the same thing anymore."

 

"Yeah? Same. But the bus is taking some time to arrive." Yoong noticed. They have been sitting in the bus stop for half an hour already.

 

"It must be so traffic due to this rain." Seohyun casually took another bite of her noodles.

 

Yoong smile on his own as he quietly watches his girlfriend. She looks so adorable when she eats, causing his heart to flutter and making him have more reason to take care of her.

 

 

:::

 

 

"I'm home." Yoong exhaustedly announced once he arrived at the small apartment he and his mother are staying. He kick his shoes and wore the slippers as he entered the living room, he was surprised to see his mother is crying on the floor while the entire small living room is a mess. "Did he come again, Omma?" His blood slowly boils out of anger. Thinking of his savings, he rushed to their room and rummage on his closet in search for the box. But much to his dismay, it's no longer there.

 

"ANDWAE!!!" He frustratingly shouted and out of anger. " YOU FATHER! I HATE YOU!!!" He punches his clothes and throw it all around the room. It was his savings since freshmen. He never touches it because he wanted to use it for college if something unpredictable happens. "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! DAMN YOUUUU!!!" He screams, kick the nearest chair and crouch down as he cries in frustration. It hurts so much the fact that his own father can do it. He hates him for not being a considerate person at least since he never cares for them. Ever since he was ten, he left them because of his addiction on drugs and gamble. "I hate you... "

 

Mrs. Im entered the room and hastily brought her son in her arms. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

 

"Why did you let him?" Yoong frustratingly questioned as he keeps on crying. "That was my savings for my college. How can you just let him stole it?"

 

"I'm sorry. I am so weak to stop him." Mrs. Im cried also on her son's shoulder.

 

Yoong just cry and cry, feeling so helpless himself because there's nothing he can do. "I'll call the police." Unless he'll report him. "I'm sorry Omma but I don't think I can take this anymore." He got up, wipe away his tears and grabs the umbrella on the floor.

 

"But Yoong, it's already-"

 

"LET GO OF ME!" He unconsciously shouted as he pushes his mother on the side. "He can't just continue doing this to us." He didn't waste time and storm outside. He doesn't mind if he's just on slippers. He needed to reach the police station as soon as possible. But it's quite hard when the rain just doesn't stop. She needed to use a map to find the nearest police station also. But after all the struggle, he found himself in front of the police station, breathless and part of his body is soak from the rain. But he doesn't care and walked inside, looking for police that can help him immediately. The station is a bit chaos with members of a gang fighting.

 

"Yoong-ah? Is that you?"

 

However, just before he can find one, someone found him instead. He turned and was relieved to see his Uncle. "Hyung, help me please." He hastily grabs his hands.

 

"Wha-what's the problem?" Changmin, his mother's brother asks in concern and brought his nephew to his desk in the corner immediately.

 

"Appa. He-he came again. And this time, he successfully stole my savings. Please help me find him."

 

"You are reporting him for thief?" Changmin opened his desktop to check on his in-law's records and there's a lot of them.

 

"Yes. Please, do find him and put him behind the bars." Yoong breathlessly and desperately asks.

 

"Hold on." Changmin got up and went to their dispenser. He got his nephew a glass of water and returned to hand it. "I'll share this to the other station. Can you share me his photo? So, it's easy to search for him."

 

"Yes." Quick, Yoong handed his phone where it has his father's photo.

 

Changmin work on it and immediately every station received the photo of Mr. Im. He especially noted 'Catch him on the spot if you find him' and shares the number of his nephew. "He's on the wanted list now. There are few reports of his thief as well. No worries, we'll catch him as soon as possible."

 

"Thank you, hyung." Yoong sighs in relieved. He doesn't know what to do if he didn't bump with him. He was lucky.

 

"Now go home, freshen up and rest." Changmin can see how exhausted his nephew. He is worried for his healthy especially that it's raining.

 

Yoong unconsciously shed some tears. "Thank you again, Hyung." He got up and bowed in gratefulness.

 

"Wait." Changmin left his desk again and returned with a plastic of groceries. "Here, go home with this. I know I haven't been visiting you guys but do tell your mom that I am just a call away if anything happens, okay? I already saved my contact number as well." He said as he handed it to his nephew with his phone. He hugs him and patted his back a few times. "It'll be okay. Stay strong." He whispers comforting words.

 

Yoong nodded and pat his Uncle's back, back. He had been staying strong, not only for his mom but for him and their future as well.

 

 

:::

 

 

2 days before the graduation~

 

 

*thud*

 

"Aish." Rubbing his head after accidentally being hit by a ball, Yoong picked it up and throw it back to the basketball players. "Be careful!" He loudly advises them. They apologize and he just continued his way to the school building. His smile returns as he thought of the 'date' later in the afternoon. But he unexpectedly didn't see Seohyun in their classroom. "Have anyone seen Seohyun?" He asks to no one in particular.

 

"I think she hasn't arrived, Oppa." One of their classmates answered him. He smiled back and took his seat. Taking his phone out, he realized he never message her last night after he dropped her home. He was too broken the entire night that he fell asleep crying.

 

Checking the time, it's almost time for their class picture and final rehearsals later. So, he messages her.

 

 

 

He waited for her to response. But he unexpectedly ends up get nothing until their teacher came.

 

"You guys ready for the class photo?" Teacher Kim announced, wearing big smiles to his students.

 

"Wait, Teacher Kim, we're not yet complete." Yoong raise his hand to raise his concern. "Is that okay?"

 

"Who aren't present yet?" Teacher Kim asks the class immediately. But the only seat that's unoccupied is their top student. "I'll call her. You guys proceed outside. The photographer is waiting." He added as he took his phone from his bag.

 

Yoong and the rest leaves their classroom to go to the school ground. He felt worried. As far as he can remember, it's rare for Seohyun to be absent unless she woke up late like the last time.

 

"Oppa, I message Seohyun, she did not answer. I hope she's fine." Sohee shared feeling worried as well.

 

"I message her too. I received nothing." Sighs Yoong.

 

They soon reached the school ground and the photographer ask the female students to take the seats on the long bench while the male stands behind.

 

"Our teacher is still contacting our top student. Can we wait for a while?" Seulgi raise her hand which everyone agrees.

 

'I wonder what's going on?' Yoong is uncomfortable on his spot as his mind is thinking worriedly for the young brunette. He wanted to call her but it would only waste time because their teacher is already contacting her. 'Aish, this wait is killing me.' He is getting impatient of their teacher's update. He keeps glancing on his phone to make sure he won't miss a response from her.

 

A few minutes later, Teacher Kim arrived with a news to them. "Seohyun caught a fever. She's apparently in the hospital for a check-up. It looked like we have to cancel the class picture. Tomorrow, she'll be fine for sure." He bowed in apologies to the photographer. "You guys can proceed to your classroom and wait for the rehearsal later." He turned to his class also and ask them to return.

 

Yoong just follow his classmates while he can't still stop thinking of her. He wanted to skip the final rehearsal and visit her but it would be mean he's skipping his responsibility to lead the male seniors.

 

"Oppa, I'm planning to visit Seohyun, are you in?" Sohee suddenly pop next to him, startling him.

 

"Oh, that's... a great idea." However, he can't decline, he immediately wanted to join him. He felt relieved Sohee approached him.

 

 

:::

 

 

Sitting at the back seat of the car while wearing a facemask, Seohyun has never felt that weak, especially that she can see their school from where she is sitting. She can't even open her phone because it will make her worsen her headache. It was her father who answered the phone call from teacher Kim. She's pouting, missing her friends and her boyfriend already. Instead of him getting sick because he got wet, it was her. The doctor told her to take a rest the entire day because she was overfati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter