Hiding Feelings

Yoong Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"So, he asks you first?" Mr. Seo pop-up the question the moment Yoong stepped out of the car and he drives off.

 

"Yes." Seohyun wasn't surprised at all. She had been noticing her parents want to say something while the doe-eyed earlier but they are having second thoughts. Maybe since she's holding his hand. "I was... wasn't expecting it either. I... I thought he doesn't have any crush in our class." But she has to share it to her parents.

 

"Hmm, that's odd." Mrs. Seo put her fingers under her chin as she thinks it over.

 

"But he told me, he realizes he had been liking me after last night's confession." said Seohyun to defend the doe-eyed. She believes what Yoong said are all true. She doesn't doubt it.

 

Mr. Seo shakes his head. "I feel strange."

 

"He was sincere though." Seohyun softly utters. She unconsciously smiles as she recalls how he confessed his feelings. The way his eyes are determined for her to know and she can feel how she care for her when he gave her a space and time to process his feelings. It was absolutely a magical and memorable moment for her. Especially the kiss on her cheek that's still lingering. It's giving her butterflies in her stomach.

 

"If you felt it then we'll believe it." Mrs. Seo said softly. "But let me tell you some rules." however it turns stern when she thought of it.

 

"What?" Seohyun got a little nervous.

 

"You still go home on time." Mr. Seo said the first rule.

 

"I always do." Seohyun said as a matter of fact.

 

"Study first before calling or texting him." Mrs. Seo added.

 

"Noted." Seohyun sighs. She felt like she's a freshman with the way her parents are making a rule. "We're graduating in a few days though."

 

"You guys are going to college. Study first." Mr. Seo instantly countered his daughter.

 

"Yes." Seohyun had nothing to say at all.

 

"Tell us wherever, whenever you guys will go out for dates." Mrs. Seo continued.

 

"Yes, Omma." Seohyun nodded, taking note on it in her mind.

 

"No kiss first." Mr. Seo firmly added. "I mean, a cheek kiss is okay." Yet, he doesn't want her to think he is too strict for it.

 

Seohyun's heart skipped a beat when she recalled the forehead kiss. 'Is that forbidden too? But what is Appa, talking about?' She couldn't understand it entirely.

 

"He meant, no kiss on the lips yet until you're legal for it." Mrs. Seo further explained.

 

"What age is legal?" Seohyun is curious. She is too innocent to know about it.

 

"When you're twenty." Mr. Seo informs as he giggles.

 

"In two years? We have to wait for that long?" Seohyun raises her voice in disbelief. 'Wait, why I did I reacted that way?' But she's more than in disbelief of herself.

 

"Unless there are unexpected incidents. Of course, we can't prevent that. But as long as you are conscious, don't do it. Especially that you're the girl. Let him initiate it." Mrs. Seo feels like a strict old woman but she means it. Her husband laughs at her words. "Well, just thinking of some... random scenes." She giggles.

 

Seohyun is amused with her parents. But the thought of kissing him just gives her fluttering heart. She unconsciously smiles and blush profusely. 'That won't happen. Not yet. Aish.'

 

Suddenly, her phone on her pocket beeps. As she took it and check the message-

 

Yoong Oppa: had a great night, Seohyun-ah. See you tomorrow again. Advance good night~ :)

 

It makes her giggle and she hastily type a response. But she changes her mind and scroll on emojis she can response rather. She stopped to a kiss emoji with a heart on it and was reminded by her mother's words earlier, causing her to bit her lip and instead she sent a blushing emoji.

 

"Look at your daughter, she's starting to text her boyfriend. Aish, she's so adorable. We should have dated at her age. Aigoo my baby." Mrs. Seo told her husband who steal a glance to their daughter at the backseat.

 

"That boy, we have to tell him as well." Mr. Seo shared his thoughts loudly but their daughter is busy on her phone.

 

"Don't scare him."

 

"I am not. I will just tell him what he should do. They're still too young you know. He should know to be a responsible boyfriend."

 

Mrs. Seo nodded in understanding giving him a tap on his shoulder. She felt proud for her own husband.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is too oblivious with her parents that she's excited to see the doe-eyed again the next day.

 

 

:::

 

[Barbecue Restaurant]

 

 

 

"What's her name?" Mrs. Im softly asks her son after learning he's dating someone. It's her first time to hear it and she's excited to know more of her.

 

"Seo Joohyun." Yoong happily shares. "But we call her Seohyun." He casually put a wrap-meat into his big mouth and munch it happily.

 

"Seohyun. Haven't heard the name from you. I think I only heard your friends who are mostly teammates." Mrs. Im said as she smiled to her son. "Tell me about her why you like her." she casually feeds him with the kimchi.

 

"Aside from she's really genius, I like her for being so cheerful. She's like the happy pill of the class whoever there's an exam, whenever there's someone has to do a special report, being scolded by our teacher and someone who didn't bring her or his lunch. She's always there to cheer them. But above all, she's really that cute that it always makes me smile whenever I think of her." Yoong dreamily describes the young top student. His lips are wide from ear to ear as he also recalls what happened earlier. He couldn't help and giggle.

 

"Yoong, just want to say that dating someone in your age doesn't mean you can do everything you want. You guys can do everything indeed but there are limitations. You two are still too young and has a big future coming in your way. So, enjoy being young first and do what an adult does when it's the right time."

 

Yoong nodded, fully aware of his mother's intention. "I actually searched about it. And I know how this works. I know the Do's and donts for us young couple."

 

"Always take care of her, araso?" Mrs. Im firmly asks.

 

"Yes, you can trust me on that." A proud smile formed in Yoong's face. "I'm the boy, I should always respect her as well." He added.

 

Mrs. Im is proud to hear it from her son. She pours him an ice tea from the pitcher. "For your graduation and your future." She announced as she asks for a toast with her son.

 

"Thank you, Omma." Yoong brightly responded as he made a toast with his mother before drinking his ice tea. They both giggle and casually returned their meal.

 

 

:::

 

[Seo Residence]

 

 

Making her way to the desk after freshening up, Seohyun pulled the leather chair and take her seat. She opened her laptop and brought her chemistry book out so she could begin to look up the important words that was being highlighted on the book. She searched them one by one to have deeper explanation and meaning.

 

She's doing it for the past 30 minutes until she decided to take a break. Just on time her phone rings.

 

"Omo." But when check it, she fell from her seat to read Yoong's caller ID. She's asking for a video a chat. "W-Wait." She is not ready for it. She got up and look around rushed to grab her brush on top of the hairdresser and brush her hair to fix it. Running back to her desk, a reflection of her posters of him can be seen through the laptop's monitor. "Aish." She hastily grabs a towel and tried to cover it but she has a lot of posters that he can still see it behind her. "R-right. I'll talk to him on the bed." she mentally realized she can just move to another place. So, she rushed to pick up her phone and she climb on the bed. As soon as she settles down, she pressed the answer button and immediately she was greeted by a wave and a big smile from Yoong. He looked like he is sitting in front of his desk.

 

[Anyeong!]

 

"Ha-Hi, Yo-Yoong-ssi." She awkwardly greeted back. Her cheeks are slowly blushing. "Why did you call?" As her heart is fluttering seeing him on a small screen for the first time.

 

[I want to see you.] Yoong reasoned while smiling non-stop giddily. [You are ready to sleep?] His eyes are sparkling.

 

"N-not yet." Seohyun couldn't stop from smiling as well. She tucks her hair behind her ear and giggle. "I'm still, studying for my exam. How about you?" She pulled the covers to cover bite the hem of it. She's seriously like going to pee. Yoong's smile is rubbing on her. Maybe because they both are still totally new into dating. And it's overwhelming the both of them.

 

[I'm studying too... for my exam. Advance studies so I can't panic later on I got my schedule. Wait, am I disturbing you?]

 

"N-No. No. I'm having a break after thirty minutes of review. I'm glad you called." Seohyun said as she wave her right hand and then put it on her cheek. "Aigoo... "

 

*Yoong snickers

 

"Wae?"

 

[You are pretty and cute.]

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip and couldn't look back at him for a brief moment. "You are... handsome as well."

 

[Chincha? More handsome than celebrities?]

 

"Yes." Seohyun giggles.

 

[I guess that's why I have fans out there.]

 

"Speaking of, I'm a fan as well." Seohyun unconsciously glanced to her posters.

 

[Oh chincha? Like those avid fans?]

 

"Yes."

 

[I don't know what to say but... I'm... flattered. My girlfriend is a fan of me.]

 

Seohyun got shy that she covered herself with the covers.

 

[Yah, what's up?] Yoong chuckled in amusement. If only he is with her, he has squeeze her for being so adorable. [Look at me first. Seohyun-ah... I want to tell you something.]

 

Slowly looking up, Seohyun smiled briefly. "Hmm?"

 

[You know, mom and I had a talk during our dinner... I told her... no, I promise to her that... I will take care of you well... from now on. You don't have to say anything, I just want to tell you that.] Yoong softly and sincerely utters. He stays staring back at her for a couple of minutes, just admiring her features.

 

Seohyun apparently is speechless but she's flattered to know. She just stares at him as well and tell herself that she didn't regret liking him for a long time.

 

[Good night.] Until Yoong broke their silence.

 

"W-wait. Can I ask you for a favor?" Seohyun hastily stopped him from hanging up.

 

[Hmm?]

 

"Since you're studying too, why don't we study together?" She doesn't mind anymore if he'll see the posters. She already told him either way.

 

[That's a great idea!]

 

Seohyun casually stepped out of the bed and took her seat on her leather chair. She place her phone on her smartphone holder on her desk.

 

[Omo, is that me?] Yoong couldn't believe what he can see behind her. [You... you are... I don't know what to say.] It makes him speechless.

 

Shyly smiling gidily, Seohyun nodded. "It was true when I told you I'm a fan."

 

[Alright, Uh, where should we begin? No, let's begin where were you left of.]

 

"Yes." Seohyun turned her attention to her book and she began to share the topic she's didn't finish earlier. Yoong was all attentive and would occasionally ask her with questions about it.

 

-

 

2:30am, Mrs. Seo entered her daughter's room when she realized the lights inside are still on. "Omo." But she did not expect to see her daughter, sleeping on her desk and her phone is . Bending down to see what's on the screen, "Is that... Yoong?" she's more than surprised to see another person is sleeping on his desk. Her attention returned to her daughter, feeling her heart warm. "They studied together." she softly utters.

 

"Honey, is Seohyun still awake?" Mr. Seo followed inside only to be surprised as well. "Wow."

 

Turning off the video call, Mrs. Seo put her daughter's phone on the night stand. "Transfer her to her bed."

 

"Aigoo, this little girl." Mr. Seo sighs as he lowered himself and gently carried his daughter into his arms, transferring her on her bed gently. "Look at her, smiling on her sleep. It's like still yesterday when we used to put her on bed, singing her favorite song. Now, she fell asleep studying with... her boyfriend. I'm getting old, aren't I?" he giggles and kissed his daughter's forehead, whispering sweet dreams.

 

"Next time we will see, they're married." Mrs. Seo playfully said as she also kissed their daughter. They both left the room peacefully after turning off the lights.

 

 

:::

 

 

3-days before graduation.

 

 

"I'll see you again later." After waving goodbye to her mother, Seohyun entered the school ground along with the other students. She unconsciously smiles to see students playfully singing, hitting each other and laughing out so loud. It makes her miss the time when she was in freshmen. Still too young for things around her.

 

"Seohyun-ah!!!" But soon Sohee joined her when she saw her. Sohee grabs her by her shoulders and pull her close. "Good morning, our top student." She knocks her head a few times and playfully pinch her cheeks.

 

"Good morning, Sohee-ah." Seohyun greeted brightly. "What's up?" She chuckled.

 

"I almost skip school today." Shared Sohee as she let go of her friend and continue their way to the locker.

 

"Why would you?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows.

 

"I mean, we had so much fun last night. My body right now is still having hang over." pouted Sohee as she sighs. "But I can't skip this day, knowing we're going to... have the uniform signed by our classmates. I'm looking forward to get Yoong Oppa's." She giggles in excitement.

 

"Me too." Seohyun couldn't deny the fact. Even though she's dating him, her 'fan-girl self' is still there. "What do you think will be his message to us?" She is excited to read later.

 

"Whatever it is, as long as it came from him, I'm always okay for it. But I hope he give me an 'I love you' message." Sohee dreamily said, still smiling widely.

 

"Let's see later." Seohyun giggles and playfully stuck her tongue. She fastens her walk which cause her friend to do the same. They end up racing to the locker in a walkathon.

 

'He's hasn't arrived?' However, when they entered their classroom, Seohyun immediately noticed the doe-eyed is nowhere to be found. She expected for him to be earlier like he usually does.

 

"Seohyun-ah." Seulgi approached her immediately when she entered the room.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter