Good Day

Yoong Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Knowing the doe-eyed goes to school the earliest, Seohyun woke up early in the morning also to bake her cookies and she went to school earlier than she always does. She was lucky enough because she immediately spotted him, playing with the soccer ball near the goal box. Seohyun had no more to turn back. She had thought of it over and over last night and it leads to giving herself a shot. Either way, it's just a confession, she won't expect him to say anything. And besides, he receives a lot of confessions from his fans. She's not an exemption.

 

'Alright here we go.' Taking a deep breath in and out slowly, she stepped into the football field and was about to call him when she heard her phone rings. 'Ugh.' She rolled her eyes back and step back to get her phone out. "Why would Omma call me?" She raise her eyebrows but she just answered the phone call anyway. "Hello, this is Seohyun speaking, what can I do for you, Ma'am?" She playfully did it.

 

[I'm outside your school. You forgot to bring your literature book, Ma'am. Aish, get out here.]

 

She giggles and hang up. "Looks like I will approach you later, Yoong Oppa." She mumbles to herself and then returned to where she was dropped off by her mother.

 

"Yeah, you're earlier today, eh?" Mrs. Seo teases her daughter handing the book to her daughter.

 

"I have to do something, Omma. Thanks for this." Seohyun flashes a bright grateful smile from her young mother, taking it from her.

 

"Yeah? To give that cookies to your crush?" Mrs. Seo teases more earning a fake and sarcastic smile from her daughter. "Good luck getting rejected." She chuckled, rolling window over before her daughter could talk back.

 

Seohyun scoff couldn't believe she has a mother that doesn't care about her well being. "I will be surprise if one day I learned she's not my mother." She snobs and returned inside the school ground. But the moment she reached the field, he was no longer there. "Where's... he? Aish." She stomped her feet and frustratingly juse head straight to her locker.

 

Unlike yesterday, no one called her. But she saw him again, talking animatedly and brightly with his friends in the corner of the hallway. It brought a smile on her face again, just like any other day she'll see him.

 

"Yes, Mr. Kim gave me this scarf."

 

Her attention casually turned to the familiar voice nearby and saw Seulgi is talking with their classmates, talking about the 'special gift' from Mr. Kim.

 

"He made this himself that's why I feel so honored to receive one of these. I hope you guys take courage as well and confess to your crushes. You know, I realize the purpose of the game is to give each of us confidence to face another chapter of our lives after our graduation."

 

Seohyun didn't expect to hear it from Seulgi. But as she also thinks of it, indeed, Mr. Kim's intention was good. It wasn't for fun. The bonus part is you get a positive response from your crush.

 

Looking down to the box of cookies she made, Seohyun now has more reason to try it.

 

"Seohyun-ssi." But the moment she heard his voice, she eventually hides the box and face him with a bright face.

 

"Yes, Yoong-ssi?"

 

The doe-eyed smiled back. "Good morning." He greeted as he bowed a little his head before he faces his locker.

 

Seohyun thought about her cookies and the chance to confess right that moment but she's suddenly tongue tied no matter how much she wanted to try to speak. She bit her lip and opened to speak but nothing will come out.

 

"Have you thought of Mr. Kim's game?" Yoong obliviously asks as he closes his locker.

 

"Yes? Oh, Uh... I haven't. How about you?" Seohyun felt delaying her plan.

 

"Not yet as well. Imean, I honestly don't see anyone as my crush... not even our class." Yoong chuckle softly. "Do you have anyone as your crush too, Seohyun-ssi?" He didn't missed a beat and ask her.

 

"I... I... " Seohyun got nervous. She doesn't know if it's okay to admit she has a crush with someone or it's okay not to tell him?

 

"Seulgi right there, I'm surprise he like me. But to think of it, he commented on my sns." Yoong giggles. "I feel honored."

 

"She didn't ask for any response?" Seohyun curiously asks.

 

"Nope." Yoong shake his head. "But I sent her a message about her confession." He took his phone out and shae the dm he sent.

 

Anyeong, Seulgi-ssi. I'm honored to be your crush. But it's fine I don't crush you back, right? ^^

 

Seulgi: Of course, Yoong Oppa. I just want to tell you so I will not be thinking of it this.

I feel so relieved to be telling you finally. Have a good night.

 

Good night to you too.

 

"You talked on sns?" Seohyun felt so envy and jealous at the same time.

 

"Yup. Seulgi is a good friend of mine as well." Yoong flashes a friendly smile. "Wait, what's behind you?" He noticed she's hiding something.

 

"N-No. I-It's just some food. Hehe. I mean, my lunch. I'll see you in our first class." Seohyun replied and she hastily put the box inside her locker and lock it. She then runs away animatedly but quickly hide to a wall. She peeks behind and wait for him to leave but he's staying on his locker. "Aigoo, should have brought the cookies right away to the cafeteria. Aish." She regretfully says, smacking her own forehead. But there's nothing she can do and wait for him to leave.

 

"Ms. Seo?" But after a while, she heard Mr. Kim's voice behind. She almost squeal when she felt his touch on her shoulder.

 

"Mr. Kim, are you going to our classroom now?" She lamely responded while smiling awkwardly.

 

"Yep. What are you doing here?" Mr. Kim find it funny but he's curious as well.

 

"Yes? Ahh just... just trying to see if the hallway is as wider as I have thought before. I was right, it's really wide. But it gets smaller with students crowding it. Hehe. Um, See you later Mr. Kim." Without wasting a second, she runs back to her locker and was fortunate that the doe-eyed is no longer on sight. She took the box and quickly runs out of the building to bring it to the cafeteria.

 

She arrives on her destination breathless. "Ms Choi, can you... Do me a favor?" She asks the server of their cafe.

 

"What for?"

 

"Just put this in your fridge. I'll take it back later." With that said, she runs outside again and sprinted all the way to her first class which is the next building. It took at least fifteen minutes and she missed the first part of their homeroom teacher's lesson.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Seohyun-ah."

 

Upon hearing her name being called, Seohyun looked up and meet Seulgi's gazes halfway. "Wae?"

 

"Have you taken down notes everything?" Ask Seulgi wearing a friendly smile.

 

'Why must everyone be asking me about notes?' Seohyun thought as she friendly smile back. "I didn't. I mean, I didn't started Mr. Kim's continuation of his lesson yesterday. I'm sorry." But she's telling the truth.

 

"I see. I actually didn't start it in the first part as well. Anyway, thanks for your time." Seulgi bowed her head a little and left to their next subject.

 

"Aigoo." Gathering her stuffs, Seohyun hurriedly followed her classmates to their second subject and was glad their teacher hasn't arrived. She took the time to review the previous lesson on their literature silently on her seat while some of her classmates are talking nonstop.

 

"You will end up skipping graduation and went straight to college." Someone suddenly which made her turn her head behind. "Oh, Sohee-ssi." It's her friend and classmate. "Why did you skip the first class?"

 

"You know I went on a weekend mountain climbing with fam. Mr Kim didn't find me, did he?" Sohee grinned.

 

"He didn't but he definitely take note on students that skipped yesterday. We are like 1/4 of fhe class only." Seohyun chuckled as she shared it.

 

Sohee giggles. "I knew it will happen."

 

"Eh?"

 

"Junghyun, he messages us this weekend to skip Monday." Sohee confessed without a doubt.

 

"What?" Seohyun frowned. And it made her realized their quiet a bully, Junghyun didn't attend yesterday's class.

 

"Well, he told us that if we will skip the announcement of Mr. Kim yesterday, we will get diamonds on mobile legends." Sohee chuckle softly. "Of course, to someone who is a gamer like me, I got the diamonds I wanted."

 

"Wow, I can't believe he did that." Seohyun scoffed as she couldn't still processed the reason why her classmates were absent yesterday. "He should get into detention."

 

"Oh please don't do that, Seohyun. I will also be included - the rest of us."

 

"So, you will just follow what he orders? You can't have him ordering around you, Sohee-ah. He will take more advantage of you and the rest who complied."

 

"But the lesson wasn't that important, right? I mean, graduation is coming either way." Sohee shrugs her shoulders.

 

"It was for college admission. Aish, I don't know with you guys." Seohyun sighs disappointingly.

 

"Not all are going to collehe though." Sohee said as a matter fact.

 

"Why not?" Seohyun innocently responded.

 

"You see, not all can afford college. I myself won't because my parents' paycheck is just enough for our daily meals and high school tuition fee. Father told me I'm going to work after graduation."

 

Seohyun didn't expect to hear it. It saddens her to learn it from her. "I'm... I'm sorry to hear that."

 

"You're so lucky, Joohyun. You are living good." Sohee sighs and briefly fake a smile.

 

"But... If you really have the dream. You will find a way, right?" Seohyun however argued. "Your status in life will never be a reason for you to give up."

 

"Well, I don't really have that dream you're talking about. Unless you help me." Sohee grins and wiggles her eyebrows playfully.

 

Seohyun couldn't answer. Her savings she's doing from her allowance are enough for their projects and meals. She couldn't afford to help her a friend with that dream to go to college. She's just lucky her family owns a manufacturing company. Probably when she gets a job, she can help but she's just a teenager. It's still far to be in that position.

 

"By the way, did Yoong attended yesterday's session?" Ask Sohee when it crosses her mind.

 

"He did. Wae?"

 

"Will, he was one of the people on the GC that knew about it. So, he did ignore what Junghyun said. I expected that."

 

Seohyun got nothing to say. She just realized why the young football player ask her yesterday about it. Now it makes sense.

 

"I'm worried for him though. Junghyun will definitely go after him." Sohee couldn't help and share it.

 

"Just because he did follow his orders? That's lame and pathetic." Seohyun unconsciously commented. "But if he really does something on him, then he deserves to be in detention or even cancel his graduation."

 

"Wow, Seohyun. You're so protective. Yah, you have a crush on him?"

 

Seohyun shake her head. "What are you saying? I'm just saying Junghyun deserves a punishment. It doesn't mean it's because it's about Yoong."

 

"Okay, I understand." Sohee giggles as she finds it funny for her friend to be that defensive.

 

Just then, Junghyun entered their classroom. Seohyun couldn't help and send him glares but he just stuck her tongue out playfully as he took his seat.

 

'Aish.' She decided to brushed him since their teacher arrived afterwards followed by Yoong who was like her earlier, catching his breath. The latter flashes her a friendly smile before taking his seat. She smiled back at him but it soon disappears when she realized Junghyun is sitting behind him. A smirk formed in Junghyun's lips when their eyes meet but she hastily turned away.

 

'He better not do anything to Yoong.' She thought while clenching his fists.

 

"Ms Seo? Kindly read the first part on the poem."

 

She eventually changes her mood when she heard her surname. She stood up and took her book to read it loudly for the class to listen.

 

 

:::

 

 

After placing down their projects on top of the desk of their teacher,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter