Thief

Yoong Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taking one last gulp of her own bottled of water, Seohyun get up and headed out of the cafeteria in search for the doe-eyed. Their afternoon classes are all suspended after the teachers announced they'll check on their projects and it will be like that until the final day before graduation. Meaning, she can now go and make most of her remaining days in high school the way she wanted it to be.

 

Instead of going to their classroom, she decided to take have look around the school, and smile unconsciously as her memories on every part of the school comes flashing before her eyes. Her high school journey was full of ups and downs. But most of the time, happy memories. Especially that she created friendships from freshmen to her senior year. She will surely miss them.

 

Talking about the teachers, she only had few of them that she got close. They were young teachers that didn't level them as superior. As if they're like friends.

 

"Wait. Aish, I almost forgot my cookies." She suddenly stopped on her tracks when it crosses her mind, smacking her own for forehead.

 

"Waeyo?" Sohee spotted her from the distance when she spotted her while practicing her cheerleading dance.

 

Seohyun tilt her head and realize she's already at the football field and there are other schools warming up too. Sohee follows her eyes and smile.

 

"They'll have a friendly game in two hours. I'm practicing my cheerleading for later." Sohee grinned. "Yah, what's up with you?"

 

"Oh, I see." Seohyun approached her and nodded. "No wonder Yoong was wearing his jersey early." She put her arm on Sohee's shoulder without taking away her eyes to the football players. "Which team do you think will win?"

 

"That's the Seoul High School football club. I doubt they're good." Sohee is confident for their team to win. "We have Im Yoong, remember?"

 

Seohyun smiled so bright. "Yeah, our best player."

 

"What's up with cookies earlier?" Sohee still couldn't forget she heard her friend talking about it.

 

"Oh, it was nothing. I'll see you later, Sohee-ah." Seohyun pulled her arm off of Sohee and turned but only to stay on her place.

 

"Seo Joohyun, do you want to join today's cheerleading?" Seulgi is standing before her with arms cross on her chest and there are other students behind her.

 

"I... I don't know how does that work." Seohyun however declined as she awkwardly smiles.

 

"I saw you always sitting at the bleacher, watching our team. I doubt you don't. You don't need to be with us, just follow our cheers. But before that, you should wear what a cheering squad wear."

 

"I will be cheering too?" Seohyun pointed at herself, couldn't grasp it entirely.

 

"Yes. Get her girls." Seulgi commanded and everyone complied, grabbing their top student's arm and drag her with them.

 

"W-Wait. I don't think this is necessary." Seohyun struggles to let go but the girls holding her is not budging.

 

"This is for the team, Seohyun-ssi. Don't you want to cheer for them?" One of them asks her. "Or you don't support them? Especially our classmate, Im Yoong?"

 

Seohyun chuckled nervously. "It's-It's not like that."

 

"She's a fan of the club, too. She's just denying it and shy she's a supporter." Seulgi commented while walking behind them.

 

"Ugh, fine. I admit. I'm such a fan too. But... I'm not confident to do this." Seohyun whined.

 

"No worries." Sohee put her arm on her friend's neck this time. "You have me, Hyun." she playfully wink at her earning a groan and a sigh of defeat.

 

-

 

"Tada!" Everyone chorused after the make-over they did to Seohyun. The young top student widened her eyes when she realized what they did to her; she had her bangs on, pigtails, pinkish cheeks and red lipstick. Not to mention they put paint on her forehead. A two green lines that symbolizes their football club. She stood up and also finally saw her wardrobe closely. She's wearing a above the knee pink skirt and white crop top sleeve shirt.

 

"What do you think?" Seulgi asks as she smile teasingly behind her.

 

Smiling awkwardly, Seohyun hugs herself. "Isn't this unnecessary?" She felt uncomfortable. "I thought I will be just in the bleacher? Cheering for the team?"

 

"Of course, you are. But you are a special cheerleader." Sohee said as she grins and give her friend a pat on her shoulder. "Let's go?"

 

"LET’S GO!" Everyone except Seohyun chorused in a shout way like they're already used to it.

 

'What did I get myself into?' Seohyun ask herself totally regretting for bumping into Sohee earlier. She should have left before Seulgi and the rest arrived.

 

 

:::

 

 

Sitting in between other senior students in the bleacher, Seohyun is the only one that looked like a cheerleader while the real cheerleaders are practicing in the side, dancing and cheering loudly. She sighs and just accept her fate.

 

'Where is he?' But she noticed their football club are already warming up but she hasn't spotted her apple of the eyes. She checks her watch and there's only fifteen minutes left before the game starts. 'What's taking her some time?' She wonders.

 

"Seohyun-ssi, want some?" Her classmate ask her, offering the popcorn.

 

"Thanks, Yeri-ssi." Seohyun replied brightly as she took few pop corns only and put it inside . "Have you seen, Yoong?"

 

"I haven't." Yeri said as Seohyun looks around as well.

 

"He must be in the locker room still." One of their classmates shared her thoughts.

 

"Yeah, he must still be there." Seohyun nodded and flashes a friendly smile. Her attention returned to the cheerleaders and they have stopped practicing.

 

"Why are you here, Seohyun-ssi? You're supposed to be with cheerleaders, right?" Yeri confusedly said. She had been noticing her wardrobe and thought she will join them.

 

"Oh, I'm not really one of them. I'm one of the bleachers cheering squad. You know, us." Explained Seohyun as she blushes slowly.

 

"I see. I love your pigtails." Yeri teasingly smiled.

 

"Chincha? Thanks." Seohyun awkwardly smile as she holds her pigtails and rubs them. "They did this to me. Hehe."

 

"You look good on it." Yeri continued to praise.

 

"Look, Yoong Oppa is here now with Suho Oppa." Someone announced the students started screaming, calling their favorite players but the doe-eyed has more screams.

 

Seohyun who wanted to scream too couldn't do it. Instead, she took her phone out and started taking pictures of the doe-eyed. She doesn't mind if she will be deaf later with all the squeals and scream around. Taking photos of her secretly is among her hobby either way.

 

"Yah, Seo Joohyun! Cheer with us now!" Seulgi called out her name so loud which brought her back to the other girls. "Come on seniors, let's cheer for our team, Go Tigers Go! Yoong Oppa Saranghae!"

 

Seohyun was about to do the same when she was beat by other girls. She however does as what the cheerleaders are asking them to shout, showing her support for their team wholeheartedly. It's overwhelming for her who is doing it for the first time.

 

-

 

"Ugh, when will they score?" Seohyun and the rest of the students had been groaning and feeling bored because their team isn't doing well on the first thirty minutes of the game. "They should pass the ball already to Yoong." However, she has a complaint. 30 minutes had passed yet the tigers aren't giving the ball to their best striker. It always goes to Suho who is known for his weak strike.

 

"What is going on? They use to give it to our Yoong Oppa." Yeri mumbles while watching intently and observing the game.

 

"I know right?" One of their classmates at the back reacted.

 

"Aish, see? Suho is not doing well. Yoong Oppa is so open on the side. We will lose this if they don't begin to pass it on him." Yeri groaned in frustration. "Just an hour left. Aish!"

 

'What's up with his teammates?' Seohyun thought as she finds it weird watching the game. 'Or are they doing some new strategy?' She guesses because the doe-eyed would also pass it on his teammate every time he got the ball. 'Yeah, it seems they're trying to make a new move so the opponent won't read them.' she concluded.

 

Moments later, the game started to become interesting as Suho will suddenly pass it on Yoong and he will try to strike it. But for another thirty minutes they haven't yet to score.

 

"LET'S KEEP ON CHEERING TIGERS!!!" The cheerleaders ask everyone on the bleachers to stand on their feet again and cheer as louder as they can. Everyone complied, in attempt to give confidence to every player of their team.

 

"LET'S GO TIGERS LET'S GO!" Seohyun on top of her lungs. She will lose her voice for sure later but she keeps on cheering with much enthusiasts until the ball suddenly got into Yoong's care, his pathway is clear and he's running faster than ever while eyeing the goal box. Everyone hold their breath and are praying it will finally be their first score. But out of a sudden, one player from the opponent tried to steal it. Yoong got out of focus and he stumbles. He however got on his feet immediately and he stole the ball back just a couple of seconds later, he kicks the ball where the goal keeper couldn't catch it.

 

"Yes please!" Seohyun and the rest prayed hard as if time slowed down. They could only see the ball in the air as it slowly moves further... until it reach the goal box, the goal keeper failed to catch. "YEAAAAAAHHHHH GOAAAAALLLL!!!" Everyone celebrated including the players.

 

Yoong run to their coach side, fist up while screaming for GOAAAALLLL. His teammates are chasing him but instead of reaching to their coach, he turns to run around the field.

 

0-1 in favor of their team.

 

Few minutes left before the game ends, Yoong strikes another goal and it ended with them winning it all.

 

 

:::

 

 

Letting out a huge burp after the celebration of the friendly match, Seohyun just realize the time. She was happy too much fun with her classmates in a noreabang that she didn't noticed the sun has already set and her phone has 100+ miscalls from her parents. "Aish." She immediately called her mother while she's outside the noreabang. "Omma. I'm sorry. I totally forgot the time having fun with my classmates after the win. But no worries, I just bid goodbye with them. I'm home in I think thirty minutes."

 

[No alcohol, right?]

 

"Of course. It's just cola and food." She chuckles after hearing the question. "You can even smell me later a lot." She jokes.

 

[Araso. I know we can trust in you. Be careful on the way.]

 

"Yes. See you later Omma." Hanging up the phone, she let out a sigh and call a taxi cab right away through an app. But she hasn't even reaching the driver, she ended the call when she spotted a familiar person nearby, walking alone in the side of the street, heading towards her. "Yoong-ssi?" She called out for him loud enough.

 

"Oh, S-Seohyun-ah." Yoong got brightened when he found her. He hastily rushed towards him. "Are you alone?" He looked around and there's no one she's with.

 

"Yep but I was with our classmates earlier. We just separated ways after rounds of noreabang. How about you?" Seohyun asks back, noticing the same thing.

 

"We celebrated. Um, it was between with senior teammates only knowing we couldn't see much each other after graduation. I'm on my way home now." Yoong shares with a bright smile. "Are you going home now as well?"

 

"Yes. Just..." Seohyun pause when she thought of her mistake yesterday. "I mean, I'm on my way as well. Yeah, I'm just walking when I spotted you." She flashes a meaningful smile to the doe-eyed.

 

"Where? Your home is just nearby?" Yoong wonders. He briefly turned his head behind.

 

"Yes. About fifteen minutes." Seohyun replied. "Um, it's an apartment. Yeah." She can see apartment buildings not that far from where they're standing.

 

"Should I walk you home then?" The doe-eyed immediately grabs the chance and return the favor of treating him yesterday.

 

"Su-sure." Seohyun nervously smile. She couldn't believe she's lying but she wanted him to feel good now for doing it for her.

 

"After you then." Yoong announced which the young brunette complied and he walk with her side by side.

 

"You were so good on the game, Yoong-ssi." Seohyun grabs the chance as well to finally congratulate him in person. Out of the game they have played, she always got covered by the fans. She wasn't that brave as well. But tonight, is different.

 

"Chincha? I saw you from the bleacher indeed. Thank you, Seohyun-ssi." Yoong shyly smiles, rubbing the back of his neck. "Our classmates were also there. I feel honored."

 

"We don't have classes either way. So, they were there to witness you win again. We are so proud of you." Praises Seohyun as she pulled up a fist. "Good luck on the summer league! Go tigers go! Fighting!" And cheered on him randomly but eventually got shy as she laughs which made him laugh as well.

 

"Yeah, hopefully we'll get the championship again. This will put the school into the history." Yoong said after he had a good laugh. "But it's okay if not. Being in the team is my goal... And hopefully I'll get the scholarship for college through this."

 

"So, you're planning to continue?"

 

"Yes. It's the only way for me to get into college. I heard they have full payment for scholars from freshmen to senior. As long as I maintain my average grades. Seoul University offers that."

 

Seohyun nodded as she suddenly felt sad. "That means we're not going on the same path. I mean, I have applied to different school."

 

"Um, I don't know if this is right to ask but... Was it true? Your grandpa owns a University?" Yoong couldn't missed and ask her. He heard it earlier among his teammates. They were talking about rumors about Seohyun and her rich family.

 

Seohyun stopped from her tracks as she raised her eyebrows towards him. "Where did you hear that?" It just curious her because she feels like they're talking bad about her.

 

"I just heard it from my teammates. Well, they heard it as well from other students. It looked like they are envy because it is easy for you now to finish even in college because of your grandpa. And I think some hates you for being that rich." Yoong shared what he knows but he regretted telling her because Seohyun's frowns.

 

"It's true and not." Came Seohyun's blunt reply.

 

"What?" Yoong got confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter