Care

Yoong Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"This is wrong, Yoong. Why did you do this?" Mr Kang questioned. He is still in the process of absorbing the fact.

 

"I swear, Mr. Kang. I don't know how did that ended there. Please believe me." Yoong begs helplessly. "I... I haven't gone to the faculty room. Maybe once but it was a long time ago. I am busy with football. You know that. And you know who I am as a person."

 

"So how can you explain this?" Mr. Kang couldn't be convinced well.

 

Yoong groaned. "I don't know. Maybe someone did this so I will be accused. I am not rich but I would rather stay poor than to steal someone's property. I would never do this thing." he frustratingly sigh. If only he has an evidence, he can prove his innocence. But even him doesn't know where to begin.

 

"Yoong if you can't prove you're innocent, your graduation is on the line. The committee might take action about this and take you out from the lists of graduates." Mr. Kang warned. "So find me any proof of your innocence. I don't think words can solve this." He decided to give him a chance knowing that he is a good student since then.

 

"Thank you for reconsidering, Mr. Kang." Yoong is glad to know. "But don't call my mother about this. I can fix this myself."

 

"I'll give you three days." Mr. Kang seriously stated. "Don't think I am going easy on you because you're an athlete."

 

Yoong got up and bowed so big. "Yes, I'll give you proof before that third day, Mr. Kang. Thank you again for reconsidering." He smiled briefly and left the office. He literally let out a huge exhale of relief as soon as he was out. But he proceeds to their classroom and took his bag. He checks the pockets and find out everything he owned there are still present. 'So the the intention is clear. I was being set up.' He concluded. As he recalled, he place his backpack on his locker the same as others before heading to cafeteria.

 

"Someone knows my passcode." He hastily headed out of the room and the students that spotted him will look at him with a glare and some would murmur, obviously disgusted. The hallway that used to admire him has change to like a war and it's disappointing.

 

But soon, he didn't mind them and reached his locker. The next locker is owned by Sohee, on the left and right, Seulgi. He then takes a look back to when he arrived in the school. The security greeted him enthusiastically, he met with his teammates and friends on the way and had a good laugh with them, but he realized Suho wasn't with them.

 

"Wait." And as he goes further in his memories, he spotted Suho in a monkey bar while he's on his way on their locker room together with his other friends, talking and laughing. He never greeted him but he did greet him earlier in the locker room. He arrived after thirty minutes he's staying in their locker room. They got few chats before he heard Seohyun's voice outside and went to check on her. "Could it be when I walked out? Aish, I can't. I can't suspect him right away. He's a good friend of mine." He shakes his head and close his locker, sighing heavily as he leaned his back against the locker.

 

"He'll probably be not included now from the graduates."

 

"Poor him. I thought he's rich?"

 

"He's a scholar student, of course they're not."

 

"Well, some would use it just to be in the sports they like."

 

"His fan girls will probably defend him. You know, their Oppa."

 

Yoong rolled his eyes hearing the voices around. It's making him furious but he needed to keep calm. A proof for his innocence is what he needed to shut them up. He hastily walked away and headed straight to the faculty room. "Teacher Hwang." It was their P.E. who loses her purse.

 

"Oh, Yoong." Ms. Hwang greeted him with a bright face despite knowing where did her purse was found.

 

"Where did you last saw your purse?" ask Yoong in hope to investigate his case smoothly.

 

"I remember placing it in my messenger bag." Ms. Hwang didn't hesitate and she told the young guy. She can understand what he's doing.

 

Yoong nodded. "What time?"

 

"I arrived early in the morning around 7am. I even saw you talking with your classmates. You guys were chatting when I pass at you guys."

 

"So you arrived in the faculty room, just five minutes later?"

 

"Hmm, probably. Then I left around 8am to the cafeteria."

 

'It was around 8am when Suho entered the locker room. The same time Seohyun was outside.' Yoong take note.

 

"I returned I guess between 8:30 to 8:40. Yeah, just before my first class. That's when I realized my purse is missing. But Yoong, glad you didn't steal anything from it." Ms. Hwang smiled friendly. "I think the com-"

 

"It wasn't me who stole it, Ms. Hwang." Yoong firmly denied. "I'm doing this to prove my innocence. The time when you left, I was in the locker room the whole time. But someone who wasn't there with me entered the locker room. I don't know if I'm suspecting right but it's Suho. I saw him at the monkey bar, talking with his friends. He was there before I got myself inside the locker room."

 

"Chincha?" Ms. Hwang nodded. "Wait, I think I saw him too. Yeah... it's him. When I was in the hallway, going back to the faculty room. I came across with him. I just didn't see him he came from the teacher's room."

 

Yoong bowed and he immediately left without a word. He searches for Suho around and at the same time asking senior students if they have seen him but none know about his whereabouts, until he stopped when he recalled what he said earlier.

 

"I'm skipping class today. I'll try to surpass Junghyun's rank in that game."

 

"The internet cafe." He clenched his jaw and fists as he began to jog towards the gate. Seohyun spotted him and try to call his attention but he did not hear her voice. He crosses the road and didn't even stop until he reached the cafe. He had to catch on his breath for a while before he entered and search for his friend. He found him immensely playing his favorite online game, didn't even notice his presence when approach him. But to get his attention, he mindlessly turns his seat around, grabs his collar and pull him up. "It's you, didn't you?" And he furiously asks him.

 

"What are you talking about, Yoong?" Suho tried to push the doe-eyed but he won't budge. "Let go of me!" He yelled angrily.

 

"I know it was you! You put the purse in my bag so I will be accused!" Yoong shouted back.

 

"Huh? A purse?" Suho is puzzled. "What are you trying to say?" He tried his best to push him off but Yoong is stronger.

 

"Aish!" Yoong raise his hand and was about to punch his friend when he heard Seohyun's voice.

 

"YOONG STOP!" Seohyun standing nearby, stopped him, breathlessly.

 

Turning his head to his right, Yoong is confused. "What are you saying, Seohyun-ssi? Suho right here, he is the thief."

 

"Thief?" Suho is stunned. "How did I end up a thief?" It just angers him. He felt wronged.

 

"It's not him." Seohyun approach them and showed the video she got from the cctv room to the two boys. Their eyes are all widening. "Yes, it's Junghyun. He was in the school earlier to visit but instead, he stole the purse from Ms. Hwang and he put it in your bag Yoong."

 

"He knows my passcode?" Yoong slowly let go of Suho. "Damn him." He curses under his breath while glaring to the video on Seohyun's phone.

 

"He knows how to hack the system of the school. That's why it was easy for him." Seohyun explained.

 

"And you just accused me because of this?" Suho angrily shouted at his friend. He attempted to punch him as well but Seohyun was quick from stepping in between.

 

"Please don't use violence, Suho-ssi." Seohyun begs. She had enough with Junghyun the other day.

 

"I'm sorry. I... It's just... you're a bit suspicious for me earlier... I'm sorry again, Suho-ssi." Yoong immediately apologizes. He felt bad from suspecting his own good friend.

 

"Aish, you know me too well. I can't do that to you." Suho yelled out of frustration. "How are you so quick in judging me?" He didn't wait for his response as he walk away.

 

Yoong couldn't help and smack his own forehead. "I got too carried away."

 

"It's fine. You apologized. He will be fine later." Seohyun assures the doe-eyed. She unconsciously reached for his head and give it a comforting rub to calm him down as well.

 

Sighing, Yoong find himself looking back Seohyun while his heart is fluttering. The rub on his head slowly calm his nerves as well. And he doesn't know why but he's slowly smiling back at her.

 

"You okay now?" Seohyun softly asks, flashing a warm smile.

 

"Yes." Yoong softly replied as he blinks a little, couldn't look away from her. He felt so weird but in a good way. He loves it.

 

"Let's bring this evidence to Mr. Kang then." Seohyun said as she retracted her hand back.

 

Yoong unconsciously hugs the young brunette. "Thanks, Seohyun-ah." He whispers, sincerely. He doesn't know what could've he done without her appearance. She saves him again and he felt overwhelmed.

 

"You're welcome, Yoong." Seohyun who couldn't return the hug and enjoy the warm and comforting hug she's giving him. He's taller and could easily hug her. It feels so heaven to be in his arms. Not to mention, he got that pleasant smell. Her heart is thumping in giddiness.

 

 

:::

 

 

A huge exhale escape Yoong’s lips after walking out of the office and learned the committee’s decision about him. They were sorry about the judgement and also will take action against Junghyun. The video really played a big part and he is thankful of Seohyun’s quick action. He thought it will take him some time to even solve the case. He was afraid he’ll end up not graduating.

 

“Thank you, Lord.” He said as he clasps his two hands and prayed for a couple of minutes. He then started heading out of the building but he has to stop when his phone rings. “Omma.” And he quickly answered his mother.

 

[What’s up with the bright voice?] His mother chuckles in disbelief.

 

“I’m just happy right now. Wait, did you eat your lunch?”

 

[I did. You made me a lunch box. How wouldn’t I? Anyway, I wired you a money. Get yourself a good dinner before going home.]

 

“Why? Aren’t we going to have dinner together?” he got confused.

 

[I was invited by my friend for a birthday dinner. I’ll be home before midnight.]

 

Yoong nodded in understanding. “I see. See you later then. Take care, Omma.”

 

[You too my son.]

 

“Yes.” With that, he hangs up and sighs but a big smile spread on his face as he checks the balance on his allowance through an app. He just needed to withdraw it later. Walking out completely the building, he smiles so bright when a wind blows and makes him warm. It’s like telling him things will be better now for him in the coming days.

 

And as he resumed walking, students are apologizing towards him. He would bow his head in response, especially to his fans who turned their backs on him that easily.

 

“Wait.” However, when he crosses path with group of freshmen students, he made them stopped. “You know Seohyun, right?”

 

“Yes, Yoong Oppa.” The freshmen chorused, all wondering why he mentioned his name.

 

“Well, you guys are so wrong about her too. She’s indeed rich and has all the privileged. But she’s not a person that go on that easy path. In fact, she applied in Dongguk. A different school that will not be giving her that VIP treatment. So, I want to ask to please stop spreading rumors about her. She’s not doing anything bad.”

 

“Opppa.”

 

“Yes?” He creases his eyebrows.

 

“Do you like her?”

 

Yoong pause as he didn’t expect the question from one of them. He however smiled as his response came as, “I care for her. I care for people who have wronged by the society.” He then bowed and casually walked away. He felt good after telling them the truth and hopefully will stop from spreading it.

 

Moments later, he reached his locker and he took his bag. He checks the inside to make sure he didn’t see anything that’s not he owned and left to head to the locker room. However, he hasn’t even reached it when he spotted Seohyun walking with Sohee. They were brightly conversing and laughing which brought a smile on his face. He felt like calling them but he changes his mind. He resumed on his tracks and got himself in the locker room in no time to change his football attire to their school uniform.

 

-

 

“Oh, Seohyun-ah.” However, when he saw her in the library, giving back the books he borrowed. “Where’s Sohee?” He eventually asks her other friend.

 

“She already went home.” Seohyun informed, happily smiling. “Heard the committee finally cleared your name?”

 

Yoong nodded with a good smile as well. “Yes. I am so relieved they immediately take me down from the detention. Otherwise, I don’t know how will I tell this to my mother.” He chuckled softly. He put his book to the counter and handed his id to the young lady.

 

“I’m so gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter