Finally....

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok and Jiho were sitting across each other in the living room. Awkward silence filled them once you left them alone. Your mother interrupted the awkwardness by serving two cup of warm tea for them. Hoseok took few sips of it before he finally started first.

“It’s been a while, huh?” Hoseok began as he put the tea back down on the table.

“Yes it has.”

“You haven’t changed at all since the last time I seen you.”

“In a bad way, or a good way?” Jiho asked with a soft giggle.

“In a good way, of course. No wonder they crowned you as the winner of the beauty pageant.”

“Thank you.” Jiho giggled again sheepishly. “The same thing goes for you as well, Wonho. You’re still looking so fine like long ago.”

“Please call me by my real name, Hoseok.” Hoseok rubbed the back of his neck. “It’s weird to hear someone call me by my ulzzang name after such a long time.”

“Alright then, Hoseok.” Jiho smiled, and Hoseok also did the same too.

The tension between them has vanished into a thin air. For almost an hour, both were engaged on small talks about how their life are going after their separation, reminiscing about their high school days. They were feeling like they went back to their past as their indulged on their conversation.

Finally, Hoseok brought up a certain something that would lead them into a serious talk.

“Once in a while, I did think that sometimes Jiyeon looks so familiar and she kind of looks like you. But I didn’t expect that she is indeed your sister.”

Jiho turned her smile into a frown. For the first time, she didn’t like to hear Jiyeon looks like you, especially from his mouth, because… “Wait… Don’t tell me… You like my sister just because she looks like me?”

“What–?” And of course the sudden question from Jiho caught him off guard.

“Answer me honestly, Hoseok.” Jiho crossed her arms over her chest and gave Hoseok a protective glare. “Do you like my sister because she reminds you of me? Reminds you of our moment together back then in high school? Did you, by chance, still regret about how we couldn’t end up together and decided to take a chance with my sister? Not because you sincerely like her? Because if you really do, you are horrible, Hoseok! Imagine how my sister will feel if she knows about it!”

“Hold on. Don’t jump into conclusions like that!” Hoseok heaved a sigh, bringing his hand to pinch the bridge of his nose. Getting a lot of questions from Jiho suddenly make him dizzy. He took a moment to ponder about it before giving an answer to his ex–crush. When he was sure about how he really feels for you, he spoke up. “First of all, I’ve learnt to let my feelings for you go away when we had to separate to our own way. I have moved on, thus I’m able to truly love my late wife, married her and had a daughter with her. Second of all…”

Hoseok closed his eyes, and your bright and sweet smile paid a visit to his mind, causing his lips slowly formed a smile on his face too.

Past memories replayed on his mind. The moment when Yewon brought your homemade cookies home for the first time and she already was fond of you, the moment when Hoseok met you for the first time in the kitchen, the moments when you always took a good care of Yewon like she’s your own child, the moments when you blushed for every little things he did to you ever since he’s interested on you…

“…never once did I ever think she reminded me of you, and I like her because of it.” Hoseok started again. “She cares my daughter like she’s her own and she’s brave enough to protect her even though she got herself injured. She’s not like other woman who acts nice in front of me just because I am rich. She stays around us not because we’re from the rich Lee family, but she sees us as ordinary Lee Hoseok and Lee Yewon. She fits everything I need for the right woman to be my side and Yewon’s mother, that’s what makes me love her.”

Jiho was quite surprised as she didn’t expect a long explanation for such a simple but deep question. But at least the answer made her satisfied enough, her sister didn’t fall for a bad guy. “If you love someone, then you shouldn’t have put a picture of you with other woman, you know?”

“What?”

“Jiyeon said she saw a picture of two of us in your room, right? What picture is it? And why did you put it in your room?”

“Ah…” Hoseok let out an apologetic smile as he finally remembered what picture they were talking about. “It’s the one when we won the competition and holding the trophy together. I framed it and placed it with my other most favorite pictures in a cabinet where I can easily look at it every time I miss the old moments and want to reminiscence it.”

“Oh that one. I remember it, I also have a copy of it too.” Jiho giggled. “But you should look at the way you were looking at me on that picture. It must be the reason why my sister misunderstood that you still have feelings for me.”

Hoseok silently took a note in his mind, when he comes home, he have to put the picture inside an album to not create more misunderstanding. “Jiyeon was too good for a person. She always put others before herself.”

Jiho nodded in agreement. “She must have thought, that if we indeed still in love with each other, she will let you go to be with me… That’s why she wanted us to meet, and now she left us alone so we could talk about it.”

“What about you, Jiho?”

“What about me?”

“Jiyeon mentioned something about… You saying things like if there’s a chance both of us could be together again, you would take it.”

For a brief second, Jiho froze and her mind went blank. She quickly regained her composure and smiled. “I didn’t really mean it.” She shook her head slowly and smiled. “I was never serious about it.” Although she didn’t make an eye contact with Hoseok while saying it, Hoseok was aware about it but he wouldn’t mention it. “Anyway… The new ice cream café Jiyeon went to is not that far from here. You should go to her, tell her how to feel before it’s too late. I hate to see my dearest sister to be sad.”

“So do I.” Hoseok then stood up from his seat. “Then, I shall take my leave.”

Jiho walked Hoseok to the front door while telling him the direction to the café. Before Hoseok left, he turned to look at Jiho and let out an apologetic smile. “Thank you, and I’m sorry.”

Jiho’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter