Against the Evil Person

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmmmmm~” You hummed, laying in your bed breathing slowly and peacefully, snuggled in big blanket that gave warmth to your body in the cold morning. You peacefully rested in the silent room, enjoying your sleep, when suddenly a screeching sound of an annoying device you knew so well interrupted it.

RING! RIING!! RIIING!!! RIIIING!!!!

You failed to ignore the sound, as it’s getting louder and louder the more you ignore it. You groaned in annoyance and you raised your head up from the comfortable pillow reluctantly. Scratching the back of your head and looked around the room with your half–opened eyes. It seemed like you’re still not fully awake.

Reaching up for the alarm device, you quickly turned it off and sighed in relief when the annoying sound has stopped. “Ten in the morning… Today is kindergarten’s holiday… Why did I forget to turn you off last night…?” You mumbled to the alarm, or rather to yourself, then proceeded to sit up on the bed and stretched out your arms and legs while yawning.

You walked to the bathroom located right across the hallway from your room. Standing under the shower, you allowed the steaming water flowing over your body before you shampooed your hair and body–scrubbed your body. Once you were clean, you got back out of the shower and dry your hair and whole body. Of course you didn’t forget to brush your teeth first before going back to your room.

Since you didn’t have any planning today and maybe you would only stay in your home for the whole day, you decided to put on simple t–shirt and short jeans, combing your half–wet hair beautifully. You went downstairs to get some breakfast and you’re surprised to smell a sweet scent from the kitchen.

“Morning, sis.” Your older sister, Jiho, greeted as soon as her eyes met you. Walking out from kitchen with a plate of square creamy cheese cake on her hands and putting it down on dining table. “You’re just in time. The cake just got out from the oven.”

“Morning.” You greeted back and you couldn’t take your eyes off of the delicious looking cake. “Is something special going on?”

“Nothing. Me and mom just watched a recipe of this cake on the cooking show this morning, and we decided to try on it, which hopefully, it’s a success.” Jiho explained with a soft chuckle.

“Let’s take a bite.” Your mother also came out of the kitchen with a cake knife on her hand. You waited for her to slice the cake to a lot of pieces and you didn’t waste any time to take one of it.

“It’s delicious!” You complimented, taking another piece. “Ahh too bad today is the day off… I would have brought some of it for Yewon because she likes cake very much. I bet she will enjoy this too.”

“Then why don’t you bring some of it to her home today?” Your mother suggested. “Oh wait… Is she even in her house? Maybe her father also took her to his office since today is kindergarten’s day off? Because I remember how you told me her father is so overprotective to his daughter that he doesn’t want her to be alone without him as much as possible.”

“Ahh, we talked about that yesterday and yes, his father did bring her to his office. But… I wonder if I could visit them, I just don’t want to disturb him.”

“How about you visit them near the lunch time? That way, he won’t be that busy and you won’t feel like disturbing him. I bet they will appreciate if you bring a dessert to them.” Jiho said.

You nodded and smiled. “Sounds like a good idea!” You said, taking a bite of the cake again.

“I’d like to meet them soon. I wonder what kind of man that my daughter loves looks like, and also how cute is my soon–to–be–step granddaughter looks like. Please ask them to visit here if they have time.”

You almost choked on the cake and your face quickly became red in embarrassment. While Jiho turned around, trying her best to stifle her laughter and to not teasing you about how you already got your mother’s blessing. “M–Mom!!! I’m NOT in love with him!!!” You emphasized the not word. “We’re just…friend! Nothing more! And no, Yewon won’t be your step granddaughter because we’re not marrying each other!!!”

“I’m sooo happy to be able to have a granddaughter while I’m still young like this.” Your mom didn’t listen to you and she’s already imagining herself and her husband playing with Yewon together.

“MOM!”

“Whoa…” You briefly looked over the building in front of you. You were awestruck at how incredible the building was, it was so tall that it must have go above the clouds in the sky. Losing focus, you shook your head to awaken you from the trance the fascinating office building had put you in and made your way to the reception.

Entering into Hoseok’s family office building, you noticed that everything was bright dazzling white. The inside of the building was even more beautiful than the outside. The place had no ounce of dirt showing. Taking some shaky steps towards the receptionist, you approached the reception desk while grabbing the paper box contained the cake on your hands so tight due to the nervousness.

“H–Hi, I’m here to meet Ho– t–the sajjangnim?”

The receptionist looked over to you, looking you up and down before she smiled. “Ah, you must be miss Kim Jiyeon? Yes, the boss has already informed me. Please take that elevator over there–“ She then pointed the way for you. “–and just pressed the top floor button. That’s where his office is.”

“T–Thank you.” You bowed in gratitude which she also did the same. You followed the receptionist’s instructions and soon you’re already inside the elevator, going up to the highest floor. You felt so ridiculous for being so nervous, it feels like you’re going to have an interview. You chuckled at your own thoughts.

The sound of the elevator doors opening, and you walked out into another white reception room. It’s quite a long and wide single pathway, leading to a huge door on the end – which you assumed it’s the door to Hoseok’s room – and also another two huge doors on either side near the elevator doors. You could also see two desks, cabinets and other secretarial looking things on each side near in front of Hoseok’s door, and there were two girls, one with short hair and one with long hair, each sitting on their desk, which you also guessed they were his personal secretaries.

Also there’s a little girl standing next to the short–haired one’s chair and they looked like they were talking so happily to each other.

Wait... That little girl looked so familiar, though…

The little girl was aware of your presence as she turned to look at you and smiled happily. “Jiyeon unnie!” She shouted and quickly ran to you, which you quickly knelt down and picked her up. “Is that a cake???” She asked, looking at the paper box in your hand.

“Yes.” You smiled. “I thought maybe we can enjoy it together.”

“Let’s eat it after lunch! Ah I know! Jiyeon unnie, let’s have a lunch together with us!”

“Can I…?”

“Why not???”

“Is your daddy inside?” You asked as you walking closer to Hoseok’s door.

Yewon nodded.

“Is he busy?”

“Is he, Binnie unnie?” Yewon this time asked while looking at the girl with short hair.

“Well…” Yoobin checked the clock on her computer screen. “I just handed him some documents that need to get signed by him around thirty minutes ago, I’m sure he already finished it. Let me check, first. And your name is…?”

“Kim Jiyeon.”

Yoobin smiled at you which you smiled back. “Nice to meet you, I’m Bae Yoobin, by the way, Yewon’s father – the boss’ secretary.” She then dialed Hoseok’s intercom and informed him of your arrival. She exchanged few words before she ended it. “You and Yewon can enter, he said.”

“Thank you.”

You and Yewon then entered Hoseok’s office room, but unknown to both of you, Shiah had her eyes on you from the first second you came out of the elevator. Her gaze went sharper when Yewon was acting so close to you too and the gaze didn’t falter even after you left her sight behind the door.

“Who is she?” Shiah asked to her colleague.

“She’s a new teacher at Yewonnie’s kindergarten. Apparently Yewonnie adores her and vice versa.” Yoobin explained.

“And how did you know about that?”

“Boss talked about it a lot when we’re having lunch together.”

“You were having lunch together?” Shiah didn’t even bother to hide the annoyance on her face. She clearly didn’t like the fact about her colleague could have lunch together with her target while she herself couldn’t. Why? Because Hoseok never agreed to it every time she asked him.

“Yes, we’re best friend from long ago, remember? We went to a diner, where Hyunwoo is working at, often and had lunch together along with him as well.” Yoobin frowned as she explained about it again.

“Ah, I see.” Shiah snorted and resumed her work.

Yoobin took her snort as her way speaking ‘Yeah, right. There was no way Hoseok would eat lunch together with only just the two of you. I mean, why would he choose a plain–looking secretary like you? Hoseok would choose an elegant beauty like me, of course.’. It wasn’t unknown to Yoobin anymore that Shiah has a two–sided personality.

One, which she would act all sweet and flirty in front of men to catch their interest–including Hoseok. And another one, which she would act so harsh and y kind of attitude towards any girl who becomes an obstacle to her for getting her target.

What a typical gold–digger .

Yoobin didn’t like her at all. If not for her good performance on her works, she would have already persuaded Hoseok to fire her for a long time ago. If only there’s something crucial happened with her around that is enough to make her fired…

“Anyway, that girl named Jiyeon? She’s quite smart, huh? She chose to get inside to that child’s heart first so she would get an instant ticket to her father’s.” Shiah only mumbled to herself, but Yoobin could hear her very clearly. She rolled her eyes and screamed ‘not all girls are the same with you, idiot.’ silently inside her mind.

“Daddy! Jiyeon unnie brings a cake!” Yewon exclaimed as she’s entering the room holding your free hand.

You took this chance to scan around the room. Just a typical boss room, there were some beautiful paintings on the wall, large bookshelf, decoration flower pots, large modern couches and a glass table in the middle for the guests in the side of the room, a large desk in the middle of the room which a bit messy because lots of papers and documents, and also laptop on there; but also well decorated with photo frame and expensive–looking desk lamp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter