Getting Close

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bye bye, Jiyeon seonsaeng!”

“See you tomorrow, Jiyeon seonsaengnim!”

“Annyeong, Jiyeon ssaem!”

You smiled happily when almost all the children bid you goodbye with their cute voices and sometimes waving their tiny hands to you. You sighed in content, working in kindergarten is really such a heavenly job for someone who really adores children like you. “Bye bye, everyone! Take care and see you tomorrow!”

Almost every child there went home already, only few lefts because sometimes their parents were still at work or maybe had something to do so they might be quite late to pick them up, and one of them is Yewon. She never complained to her daddy about it, because she totally understands if Hoseok was very busy, and the teachers would play with her too so it didn’t feel like time passes so slowly for her due to waiting.

“Last night, daddy glared at me when I didn’t want to eat the vegetables on my plate. So I had no choice but to eat them all!” Yewon cheerfully told her about her activities at night to you. You listened to every word she said and sometimes responded to her with a cheerful tone just like hers too.

“And what do you think about the vegetables?”

“It’s very aaaaaaaawful!!!”

Both of you laughed together and Yewon almost telling you more about her days, when there’s a sound of footsteps approaching and it was the little girl’s father. “Daddy!” Yewon squealed happily and ran to Hoseok, which the adult happily picked her up.

“Is Yewon also being a good girl, not bothering Jiyeon seonsaengnim for today, too?” Hoseok asked to his daughter playfully.

“Of course not!”

“Is she telling the truth?” Hoseok asked to you, this time with a grin on his face, wanting to tease his daughter by pretending to not believe in her, which causing the little girl to pout.

“Unfortunately, she is.” You giggled and Yewon sent you her brightest and happiest smile. “What about you? How’s work?”

“Lots of meeting, and some problems with the employee, as always.” Hoseok sighed weakly.

“I don’t mind to lend an ear, in case you need one.”

“Do you want to have a dinner together with us, tonight? Maybe I need one while we’re on the way to our home.”

“Sure! Wait for me, I’ll pack my things first!”

“Take your time. We’ll be waiting inside the car.”

You nodded and rushed back inside to get your things. Apparently, there were two smol persons standing near your things, looking at you with their meaningful smirk and teasing eyes. You immediately knew they had been eavesdropping on you and Hoseok. “…What is it?” You asked, sending them a narrowed–eye glare.

“What about you? How’s work?” One of them imitated the way you spoke to Hoseok just now and even faked an affectionate look to her companion standing next to her.

“Lots of meeting, definitely need someone to massage me tonight.” The other one said, pretending his shoulder was hurt by squeezing it.

“Ah is that so? Come here, let me massage you, honey~”

“Hey, Yoo Kihyun! He didn’t say that! And you, Hyun Seunghee, I definitely didn’t look at Hoseok the way you did just now! And no, we’re just a friend and we never called anyone ‘honey’!” You walked passing the laughing two and packed all your things inside your back. “I’ll be going now. But I have to admit, you two actually would make a good couple together.”

“Together with someone small like him/her? Impossible.” Funnily, both Kihyun and Seunghee said the same thing in unison and also pointed at each other. They stared at each other in shock before started arguing which one is smaller. You just laughed at them and finally joined Hoseok and Yewon inside their car, heading to their home.

Not long since you and Hoseok met each other in his house, it’s almost became a daily routine for you to go home along with him and his cute little daughter to have dinner together. Or whenever you’re unable to do that because you have something to do, Hoseok would make sure to spend few minutes to talk to you first before going home –which unknown to them, rather than few minutes, it was actually almost an hour–. You two would talk about Yewon, or Hoseok’s office life or your hobbies and interest, anything could be a topic for you two.

Hoseok was delighted there’s someone he could share some words to, or maybe he could call it a talk buddy. It has been long since he found himself enjoy talking about so many things to someone other than Hyunwoo and Yoobin.

Both of you were unaware how Hoseok is totally attracted to you right now the more time you two spend time together, but Kihyun and Seunghee could see it. That’s why they always loved to tease you about the two of you being together.

You always volunteered yourself to help in the kitchen even though there were a lot of capable cooks in it, because you always thought you just have to do something to repay the free dinner you always enjoyed. Hoseok always thought it’s quite an absurd reason but in the end he just let you do everything as you please.

“Alright, sit tight on your seat while I cook for dinner.” You told Hoseok and Yewon who were already sitting on the dining table. Yewon answered you with a cheerful salute and Hoseok with his soft chuckle. You rolled up your sleeve and borrowed a clean apron from the maid before going into a battlefield–kitchen. “Alright, what will we cook tonight?”

Hoseok amused at the fact you could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter