Reunited?

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiyeon.”

“Jiyeon?”

“Jiyeon–ah!”

You flinched on your seat and Jiho was staring at you worriedly. You then realized you had been deep in thoughts to not hear your sister’s call.

“What’s wrong? Are you sick?”

“No, I’m just thinking about where should we go next after this.” You shook your head weakly and smiled at her, assuring her that you’re okay.

You played the ice cubes on your coffee cup before trapping the straw between your lips and sipping on your iced lemon tea.

Today was Sunday, it’s your day off of course. So Jiho asked you to do some sister bonding by hanging out together, shopping together, buy some matching accessories, pick new clothes for each other and everything else the two of you could do together. Of course it’s so tiring to spend half of your day walking non–stop inside a mall and some boutiques nearby, so both of you stopped by to the nearest diner to have some things to fill your stomachs with.

“I know you’re lying. You’re thinking about something else, right?” Jiho said with a frown on her face, grabbed a chicken wrap from the plate on their table and munched it. “Come on, tell me. You can tell me everything, you know.”

“It’s fine…” You paused. The picture of Jiho and Hoseok together appeared again inside your mind, and you knew it wouldn’t disappear until you find out about the meaning behind the picture and what happened between the two of them in the past? But how would you ask your sister about it without making her suspicious? Come on, think, think!

It was like a light bulb had flashed above your head as you think of something.

“You know… One of my students’ mothers was a winner of a beauty pageant in her school. I can’t get the image of her praising and flattering her own beauty non–stop to the other mothers when they were gossiping out of my head.” You groaned in annoyance and judging by Jiho’s laugh, you knew she believed on it. “Speaking of pageant, you also joined one and came out as a winner too back then, didn’t you?”

“How did you remember that?” Jiho asked in disbelief with a wide smile on her face. “Yes, I did! Even though it was actually my best friend who signed me up behind my back! To be honest, I’m glad I came out as the first winner, though and I almost even got a boyfriend from it.”

Now, that’s your chance!

“Wow, really? Tell me about how did it happen!”

“Well…” Jiho tapped her chin as she tried to remember about her past. “One of the pageant’s missions was to show your talent. I was going to sing a song, but out of sudden the teacher dragged this poor boy along and told us to sing a duet romance ballad song to get a bigger chance to win.”

“Oh? A boy? Who’s his name?” You asked. ‘Is it Hoseok…?’

“I don’t...really remember about it… At first, the teacher introduced him as Wonho, he was a winner of ulzzang competition on the school festival a year before. Wonho was his stage name, and it’s my habit already to call him with that name.” Jiho rested her chin on her palm and closed her eyes, reminiscing that moment. “During the time we practiced together, we became a lot closer, much closer than we expected to be. He’s a really nice person, so it wasn’t hard for me to fallen in love with him and luckily, he felt the same way to me too. Wonho’s friends would about being unable to stop talking about me, and what’s funny is, I happened to do the same thing too. Some of our friends even did a bet that Wonho would confess to me after the competition has over, but unfortunately, it didn’t happen at all.”

“Why?”

Jiho let out a sad smile. “If I don’t remember it wrong, he’s going to take over his family’s business after graduation. The reason he didn’t end up confessing to me because he had to take a business major abroad. Since then, we didn’t keep in touch anymore. Hence I don’t know where is he now, what is he doing right now, and vice versa. Too bad my first love story didn’t go as well and smooth as those romantic scenes in the drama.”

Somehow, you had this feeling if this ‘Wonho’ your sister talking about is indeed that Hoseok. “Unnie…?”

“Yes?”

“If… By chance… The two of you meet again, will you fall in love with each other again?”

Jiho giggled. “Maybe?” The way Jiho answered it once without hesitation made you feel slightly uneasy. Weird random thoughts started to play inside your mind. “The Wonho in my memory has that look that will get every girl’s heart in his grasp so easily if he tried. Since years has passed, I believe he has grown into fine young man. If both of us are still single when we meet again in the future, maybe I want to give us another chance. Besides, there is a quote saying first love will never goes away from your heart no matter how much you try to forget.”

Jiho held her iced coffee cup and took a sip on it after she finished telling a story about her first love. You shifted on your seat, feeling a little bit anxious. You took that as a sign that your sister still have feelings for this ”Wonho”, and it made you very worried about it.

You eyed your sister in front of you. In your opinion, your sister Jiho is a very beautiful person you ever met in this world, much prettier than you. She has a nice body and fair skin, and a smooth dark hair as well. She is sociable and easy to make friends. She only needed to smile to make men attracted to her, and that might also happen to Hoseok. All this time, you always looked up to your sister and you never thought of being jealous of her for even once. You always felt so happy and proud to have such a beautiful and kind sister like Jiho.

But now, you might feel less happy and proud about it…

Especially, because–

“Pudding cake for two.”

Your thoughts interrupted when a waiter put down two plates of pudding cake on your table. Jiho thanked him and the waiter looked at you and her back and forth.

“Wow, you two do look alike. Sisters?” He asked with amusement. Jiho smiled at him and the waiter then excused himself.

–because a lot of people said you really looked like Jiho. Well, couldn’t blame it. You two were sisters, after all. Before you heard about Jiho’s first love might be Hoseok today, you always felt so happy and so proud hearing it. Why not? You really admired her beauty.

But… If Hoseok was indeed the ‘Wonho’ in Jiho’s memory, the possibility of Hoseok liking you just because you remind him of your sister, came to your mind out of nowhere and it really scared you.

Bad thoughts after bad thoughts kept coming into your head. You’re worried if Hoseok and Jiho were truly in love with each other before, their feelings might resurface after they see each other once again. The worst case, Hoseok might realize if he only thinks of you as the person who makes him interested because you looks like his first love and then he would choose Jiho over you.

You knew Hoseok was not such kind of jerk, but you just had to prepare for the worst.

You didn’t want Hoseok to ever meet Jiho again. But… Jiho is your sister, your family. If you got into a serious relationship with Hoseok, sooner or later, you have to introduce him to your family. That was bound to happen someday.

That’s why…

You were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter