Blooming Time

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that incident, you were given 3 days off to rest from the head teacher, which you really appreciate. After you fully rested for 3 days, you were feeling so much better now and ready to get back to work again tomorrow.

“You sure you’re really okay?”

“You can take one more day off if you’re still not feeling well, yet. We will tell the head teacher for you.”

Sitting and leaning your back on the standing pillow on the headboard, you shook your head and smiled to your two small best friends/colleagues, each sitting on the chair next to your bed. Kihyun and Seunghee paid you a visit after they came home from kindergarten. They were really worried when Yewon told them about you, and had this urge to visit you right away. But they decided to come on the third day because they wanted you to have a proper rest first.

“I’m really fine. This morning, the doctor checked on me and he said everything’s fine.” You said.

Both of them sighed in relief.

“Don’t force yourself, okay? If your head is hurting even for tiniiiiiiiiest bit, take one more day off.”

You giggled when Kihyun said ‘tiny’ with a funny long intonation and also created a tiny distance between his thumb and index finger to point out the ‘tiniest’.

“I’m really fine, though. Thank you for worrying.” You smiled in gratitude.

“So? What really happened?” Seunghee asked in curiousity.

“It’s–“

“Apparently, she was being a superwoman who saved the daughter of a man she loves from an incident.”

“Unnie!” You blushed when your older sister, Jiho, suddenly entered your room with a tray and giving your best friends an exaggerated explanation.

“What?” Jiho chuckled and put down a bowl of sliced apples on the nightstand next to your bed. She picked up one slice with a toothpick and feed you, which you happily eat it. “I’m saying the truth.”

You munched on the apple and gulped it down. “No I’m not in love with him!”

“Aww, you don’t have to be shy to your own sister~” Jiho sent you a teasing smirk and laughed when you’re glaring at her. “Anyway, I’m going to my friend’s birthday party. If anything happens…” She sent a quick glance to Kihyun and Seunghee. “…just call for our parents in the living room downstairs. They are watching TV there. Please watch over my sister here.” The mini duo nodded, and she smiled. “I’m going now.”

“Bring some cake for me~”

“Alright~” Jiho then left your room and closed the door.

“A man you love, huh?” Seunghee started.

You turned your attention to your friends and sweat–dropped when they were staring at you with this mischievous smirks on their faces. Great, they were ‘triggered’ because of your sister!

“Tell us the full story of the incident~” Seunghee sing–songed and now has moved to sit on the bed, slowly crawling to you and poked your chin with her finger. She’s clearly very interested with this ‘man you love’.

“…Is this a R scene?” Kihyun mumbled to himself.

Jiho locked the front door as her friend’s car was waiting for her already. She smiled and greeted her friends inside cheerfully before getting in. Just as the vehicle took its leave, Hoseok’s car arrived and stopped right outside his house.

Hoseok frowned when he could see Jiho from his car window. His eyes never left her until she got into the car. He didn’t know why, but the girl looked so familiar… She looked like someone he knew from the past. “Could she be…her?”

“Daddy?” Yewon called out for her father as he seemed out of focus while staring outside. “What’s wrong?”

“…Nothing.” After Jiho’s friend’s car out of his sight, Hoseok looked at Yewon and smiled at her. “Let’s get down to meet Jiyeon, shall we?”

“Yeah!”

“And that’s the story.” You let out a deep breath after you finally finished telling them the whole incident. “It’s not like I’m in love with Hoseok. Sure, yeah, he’s gorgeous. But no, I’m totally not in love with him! I just protected Yewon because protecting a child from danger is a must for us adults! Besides, I don’t want to see Yewon getting hurt. Not when I’m right there to protect her. And I’m sure it would make Hoseok upset to see his daughter getting hurt.”

“Yeah, you don’t want to see her getting hurt because she is a daughter of the man you love and you don’t want Hoseok to be upset because he is the man you love.” Kihyun teased you and there’s a wide Cheshire grin on his face.

“Aren’t you listening to me? I’ve said he is not the man I love!”

“You cared about Hoseok would feel if he seen Yewon hurt and yet you still denied you’re in love with him? How hard did that broom stick hit your head?” This time it was Seunghee’s turn to tease you.

“Shut up, both of you!” Your face was fully red now, which you didn’t know because of embarrassment or frustration from getting teased. You grabbed your pillow and tried to hit both of them, which they quickly scurried off with a laugh.

“Jiyeon, dear?” Your mother called for you from the outside, followed with a few knocks on the door before it swung open. “There’s someone here to see you.”

“Who is it, mom?”

“He said his name is Hoseok.”

“…”

You quickly looked at Kihyun and Seunghee who mouthed ‘The man you love is here~’ in unison to tease you. You mouthed back to them ‘Just wait, both of you.’. “Tell him to wait, I’m going down…”

“No, I believe you should rest.”

Your heart thumped at the familiar voice. Hoseok then showed himself from your mother’s back. Not long after that, Yewon could be seen entering the room and running towards your bed. “Unnieeeeee!!!” She squealed as she’s happy to see you again after three days.

“Yewon, behave. Come back down here, she needs to rest!” Hoseok said, a little bit shock his daughter has already climbed up your bed and ended up in your arms.

“It’s okay, Hoseok. I’ve had enough rest.” You giggled when Yewon snuggled to your s. “Do you miss me?” Your hand was caressing the little girl’s hair as you asked that.

“Sooooo much.” Yewon mumbled between your s.

You smiled affectionately. “Me too.”

“Eumm… Jiyeon–ah?” Seunghee called out to get your attention, and when she did, she pointed at the door’s direction. You turned your head to look at the door, to see that your mother was still standing in the doorway with hanging wide–opened.

“M–Mom…? Are you okay?”

“I never knew I already have a granddaughter…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter