PROLOGUE

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being one of the richest business men in the world doesn’t mean it will always make you become the happiest person in the world. Having a lot of money in your possession usually means most of the people would try to get close to you, catching your attention only to get some of the money fall onto their hands.

Like a vampire blood on their prey, they also wouldn’t stop to the money out of you until you have nothing more. They would whisper sweet but evil words on your ear so you would fall for it and give the money to them.

Family?

Best friend?

Lover?

They were all the same.

Once they were blinded by the money, they would turn against you as well.

Only those who sincerely care for you, should you keep close to you. But still, never fully trust anyone else but yourself, maybe. As long as you know how to differentiate which one is the money–er or the genuinely–cares–for–you, you would be fine.

Those were the things that always going on and on inside Lee Hoseok’s mind every day.

Being a 27 years old single father wasn’t actually complicated, but it became one when he has a job as the CEO of a Lee Corporation. Yes, 27 years old was such a young age to handle this important position, but his father didn’t trust it to his one and only son for nothing.

Hoseok has everything needed to be a CEO.

He’s smart when it comes to make a wise important decision.

He’s strong when there’s a big mistake happens and he would learn from the experience to prevent the same thing to happen twice.

He’s creative when it comes to creating new ideas for greater achievement.

He’s open–minded as he didn’t mind to listen to the advice from people with lower position than him and respecting them.

And everything else.

While for his personal life, Hoseok would change from a strict big boss to be a really soft person for his one and only 6 years old daughter, Lee Yewon. His wife, Yewon’s mother, has a weak body and she passed away right after she gave birth to her first and last daughter.

Hoseok promised her that he would be a good father that Yewon would proud of, which he really did for these last 6 years by trying his best to not make her feel neglected despite his tight schedule. When he came home and picked her up from the kindergarten, he would always spend his time with her until bedtime.

However, Hoseok realized one important thing.

Sure he was lucky enough to be able to teach her how to talk and walk just in time before she’s enrolled in a kindergarten. But the more she grows up means the more things Hoseok has to handle too, such as buying clothes and other essential things for her, keep an eye on her grade when she’s finally in elementary or above, and many other things, and Hoseok’s job didn’t make it easier for him, either.

As time passed, of course his company would get larger and that means he had no choice but to spend more time in the office rather at home. Sure he had a driver to pick Yewon up from kindergarten and maids in the house to take care of her until her bedtime, but he couldn’t completely trust them for the other important things.

School lessons, feminine things, beauty and make up, fashions and underwears, and so many other things. As Yewon would grew up eventually and she would get to learn those new things, Hoseok couldn’t teach everything to her, and he needed someone’s help to teach her about those. But definitely not among the driver and maids in his house.

Hoseok was the only child in his family. He also has other relatives that volunteered to help taking care of Yewon, but no, he didn’t trust them as well. Their thirst for money was clearly visible on their eyes and they were the type that would act so sweet in front of Hoseok and promised him to treat Yewon like their own daughter when they actually did otherwise when Hoseok was away, and he didn’t want it to happen at all.

But Hoseok knew he really needed someone he could trust to take care of his daughter, for a very long time, so…

“And that’s why we’re telling you to get a girlfriend to be the new mother for Yewon.”

Hoseok sighed and put down his cup of coffee on the table in front of him. His set his eyes on the person standing next to table of four –which Hoseok currently sitting at–, a tray on his hand and he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter