After-Chapter: Promise?

Converse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Minseok tapped out a reply to his text, Yixing made the sneakiest of sneaky glances he had ever made in his life. He wasn't being sneaky because of jealousy. In fact, he thought that his Min lighting up at a text was rather endearing. The reason Yixing needed his covertness was because his student sat on the opposite side of Minseok. To Kyungsoo, he and Minseok were merely teacher and guardian of a student and their meetings under the same pretext.

He had to admit that being this close to Minseok and not being able to or speak as he truly knew him made him a little sad, but it was Minseok's wish to not let Kyungsoo, any of Jongdae's friends, and Jongdae himself to know of their real relationship, and Yixing would respect that. Other than occasional spells of sadness and that one incident at Stay Mallow, Yixing took the whole thing quite well, if he had to say so himself.

Just this once though, and since Kyungsoo seemed just as curious, he allowed himself his natural curiosity and threw a glance towards Minseok's screen under the cover of eating a gummy. A shade of pride swelled in him at how he read the Uyi Yun message masquerading as Chinese pinyin. 

 

 

From: Deer Scout   Kyungsoo's a good kid  

 

"Deer Scout" was the pseudonym for the qiao'uyi scout on Earth. The scout was naturally as much of a recluse as his job required him to be. Yixing could only remember meeting him once and very briefly, and the time hadn't allowed for pleasantries. Minseok held him in high regard and as a friend though, so Yixing believed that he was likely a good person. Minseok stowed his phone and opened his snack bag, handing Kyungsoo a pretzel.

"Yixing's right. The concession worker must have just known."

"Well, they knew my name too. That was kinda weird."

Kyungsoo chomped on the pretzel as Minseok chuckled. He turned to Yixing next, holding out the snack bag, and Yixing automatically offered out his gummy bag. He only realized that he had taken a pretzel when the taste of salt flavored his tongue. He couldn't just take it away from his mouth now or else he would look ungrateful, so he continued eating it, but really, he should have waited a bit and said a polite thanks first. He covered his mouth while he ate as usual and tried not to duck behind it when he nodded his thanks.

Minseok chuckled again though, and, to Yixing's surprise, hints of dusky red dotted his eyes. Yixing wondered what his Min was thinking, then realized that he likely saw how instinctively Yixing had acted. He chuckled too. Before, such looks would have left him puzzled, but he liked to think that they knew each well enough by now.

 

~~~~~

 

Yixing tensed when Minseok took his wrist. His grip had been tight but not painful. His eyes narrowed ahead of them, but the boys had been cheered up. Was there something that he hadn't told the students? They had discussed the ramifications beforehand though, and Minseok hadn't left out anything from their discussion either.

Passing the kitchen, Minseok led them down the hallway of Kyungsoo's house. Yixing had never been this deep into one of his student's houses before, and he pulled back a little thinking of how he must be intruding, but Minseok's grip didn't relent, knocking on a door before pushing inside. The flooring brightened from dark wood floors to white tiles, and a pretty pattern of blue and green hung inside. Yixing noticed a toilet and that the pretty pattern belonged to a shower curtain before Minseok him. In one swift movement, Minseok backed him into the wall, reached behind his neck, and pressed their lips together.

Yixing froze in shock. They were supposed to be pretending that they were just teacher and guardian. He and Yixing had even planned their backstory and told the students not even a minute ago. But then Minseok started moving harder. Not faster. Harder. Each little press, each little , slow and tender along every centimeter of Yixing's lips, demanding a little more attention, lulled him out of his questions. He barely registered the shutting and lock click of a door as Minseok slid a hand across his lower back and pushed him closer. 

Heat warmed his torso, and Yixing hadn't realized how much he craved that heat. After about a year of only holds of the hand and warm smiles—though he liked those too—Yixing suddenly wanted more. Snaking his hands up Minseok's back, he left one hand at his shoulder and let the other run through his Min's hair. 

In turn, Minseok pushed harder, opening his mouth fully, and Yixing had to reciprocate. He supported Yixing's neck when his head started tilting back, or maybe Minseok wanted for him to meet him part of the way as he dug in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter