Bonus: Flowers And Drinks?

Converse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pushing open the counseling room doors, Yixing peeked in to make sure that Zitao wasn't in the lobby. A tall woman with pretty features turned to look at him as she flipped through a file.

"Taeyeon-shi, is Zitao in?"

"He went out to get lunch."

"Perfect."

He stepped through and waved the bouquet of flowers at her.

"I'll be delivering these to his office."

"My, my, what's the occasion?"

"Business as an unofficial wingman."

She raised an eyebrow, her eyes sparkling with amusement, but waved him through the doorway. He nodded his thanks and made his way down the corridor. He picked out Zitao's office, second from the far left, and tried the door. The handle rattled in stubborness, unbudging. Yixing gave the door a mini glare before trying to position the flowers between the handle and the door. He didn't want it to sit like a funnel in between, because that wouldn't look as romantic. He almost had the perfect angle where the bulk of the wrapping rested against the doorframe and the ends of the stems locked into the crook of the handle's curve when a voice sounded behind him.

"What're you doing?"

Yixing turned and saw just the person he had planned on impersonating with his bouquet of flowers.

"Yifan, come here and unlock the door for me."

The janitor narrowed his eyes at him as he walked closer, glancing from the flowers to the handle to Yixing.

"Why were you trying to leave flowers at Zitao's office?"

"Actually, it was you trying to leave flowers at Zitao's office."

"What?"

Yixing pointed to the door, and Yifan sighed and pressed the pad of his index finger over the lock. A click sounded, and he pushed open the door.

"Perfect, and now, here you go."

"Why are you giving these to me?"

"So that you can give them to Zitao."

The head janitor stared down at the flowers before shaking his head.

"I told you that I didn't need your help. You introduced us, and that's enough."

"C'mon. These are free flowers to you."

"But they're not from me. The thought isn't there."

"Yifan, the fact that you would accept them because you want to give them to Zitao proves that you thought of him."

"I never said that I wanted to..." He looked back down at the flowers and rubbed one of the lily petals. "He likes these."

A smirk crept onto Yixing's face, and he waved the bouquet in front of Yifan in temptation. The head janitor shook his head again though and walked deeper into the office, flicking on the light.

"No, I'll buy the flowers for him."

"You are as stubborn as Min."

"Species difference," Yifan chuckled.

He waggled the computer mouse, waking the computer inside. Yixing walked around to the desktop and watched Yifan enter in the password and start searching for a file.

"He even told you his password?"

"For business purposes."

"I am his friend and coworker of eight years. If I don't know his computer password, you knowing must mean something more than just 'business purposes.'"

For a second, stripes of dusky red tinted sections of his eyes, but then he blinked and they were gone.

"He needed to send a file to someone, so he asked me to do it. It's his lunch break, but he went out to a meeting at a board member's request."

"For the Counselor's Association?"

Yifan nodded. He composed a new email, attached the file, and wrote out a message of information, thanks, and even wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter