chapter ten

This stupid Love.

Blinked.

Blinked.

And I blinked again.

I slowly breath out as I take in the familiar purple grey wall of my bedroom. My body felt stiff and heavy as I’m having a hard time turning my body to the side without my muscles aching.

I know what happened. I was semi-conscious after I fainted in front of everyone. It’s so embarrassing. Thank my lucky stars summer break is just starting because I would’ve avoided the debate and newsletter club till the day I graduate when Sehun pulled that stunt.

Yes. That stunt where the male leads in those Korean dramas rescued the female leads. It was cliché. It was cheesy. But that did not stop the wild beating of my heart when he actually sounds so worried. I could still feel the warmth of his back as frantically search for help in the infirmary and then we sped off home because my mama was a nurse before she gave birth to my sister and I.

“are you alright?” “are you feeling okay?”

He kept on asking that all the way home.  His voice just sounds like I’m in dream as the record kept on playing and playing.

My head jerked towards the door and I see mama coming in with a grin on her face but still, I could see the worries on her face. 

“you feeling a little better?”

She asked in that mother bear voice of hers, patting my head gently as if I’m 5-years-old.

I nodded my head, reaching my hand out for a sip of water, my mouth feeling kind of dry. I nestled into my warm comforter; I’m still feeling chilly. My hand absently grazed over my forehead as I felt a cooling plaster is stuck onto me.

“You know Sehun was worried about you.”

I gave my mum a small smile as she returned the same one to me, “Smart kid. He basically helped me when I was nursing you.”

“he nursed his mum a lot.” I winced when I felt the ache of my throat when I talk. It’s unpleasant. My mum must’ve sensed my discomfort about my throat, she pats my head once again, “go to sleep. You had a long day.”

When she left, she switched on the lamp at the corner, the soft mellow yellow casting through my room. I don’t sleep well in the dark. I need at least a little light so that I don’t feel afraid. As I was lulling into dreamland, the door was opened as he stands in the middle of my room, those eyes seemed to take everything in.

My room doesn’t change that much from my high school years. Films of polaroids from the past and present plastered all over the wall in front of my study area. I like that when I’m taking a break, the first thing I looked up and all I saw are my loved ones.

Sehun eyes seemed to linger on one particular film the longest. The day when we first met after many years. It just felt like yesterday.

“You just had to be so stubborn, don’t you?” his gentle voice echoed in the dark room.

I shrugged under the cover, “the stubbornness runs in the family.”

“You scared me.”

I stared at him. The soft rising of our chest as our breathes were sync together, he sounds so vulnerable.

“I’m alright, Sehun. A little flu and heat won’t kill me.” my voice came out as a whisper. I slipped my hand into his as he squeezes my fingers gently.

“no, it’s not fine.” His fingers brushed over mine lightly.

Huffing, “I was mad at you and myself.” He shifted slightly on my chair into a more comfortable position, “I should’ve taken care of you.”

“you’re not obligated to do that.”

His gaze holding mine, as his warm hands cupped the side of my cheek with his thumb circling gently on it, “I promised I’ll take care of you.” He paused, “that’s what friends do. They take care of each other.”

I didn’t realise I was actually holding my breath when Sehun promised he’ll take care of me. It’s not that I can’t take care of myself, I am perfectly capable of doing that. I sometimes just want to someone to take care of me. When I’m all tired and sick. When I’m being all happy as well. I’m a little relieved when he said we’re friends because my mind would fly to somewhere else, and then my heart will do something stupid. Or maybe it has done something stupid.

I don’t even know what’s the status of Jaein and Sehun now.

“You know, this felt like high school all over again.” He chuckles, leaning on one side of his elbow.

My eyebrows perked up, he flashes his big smile, “Remember you fainted doing the same damn thing today and then I had to piggyback you to the infirmary?”

My cheeks blushes at that memory. He…remembers that?

“You remember that?”

“Yeah, my back almost broke.”

I pinched him on the side as he yelps and then proceed to do the same to me, with more jabs at my waist.

“Sehun! Stop!” I inhaled as a laughter broke out of me. I’m ticklish at the side and Sehun seemed to have fun jabbing me because I saw the playful glint in his eyes.

I caught onto his fingers as I then give his wrist a bite like a cat. He looked at me, amused as he flicks my forehead gently, like a brush on my skin.

I my dry lips, “Why did you suddenly walk out on me after that summer during senior one?” I blurted out. It’s now or never. I need to get my closure before he flies off to the States the day after tomorrow, if this is the best time to do that, it would be now.

He went quiet for a while. There’s a flicker of regret flashes through his face.

“I shouldn’t have done that to you, to us. I shouldn’t have thrown our friendship away because of something stupid.”

I arched my eyebrows up. This is interesting.

“I guess it’s because of Jaein.” He sighed, running his fingers through his hair tiredly.

“what about Jaein?” I said, blinking at him. One day, I’m going to sit Jaein down with coffee and the both of us are going to talk about why she hates me and why she does all of those things.

“Part of it was I was infatuated by her. You know, I met her during my summer vacation back in my hometown. She was visiting her grandparents. They own a pretty big house and a few apple orchards. I was working for her grandparents; heard my grandma they need someone to help them.”

“And, the first time I saw her was when she was reading among the trees, swinging in her hammock. You know, like a fairy.” Sehun smiles fondly at that memory, my nose scrunches when I saw it. He must’ve caught my face as he tapped on my nose, “that’s a long time ago.”

“Yeah, we had a really great time knowing each other. I guess I kind of sympathise with her. She was all alone by herself. I never ever saw her parents. I figured they just drop her off at her grandparents the whole summer. So, I’m somehow was her only best friend.”

“Then why you acted like we’re not friends?”

He leaned back at my chair, staring up at the ceiling, “Jaein thought the both of us are together when she found a picture of us in my grandparents’ house. She thought she was a rebound because I confessed to her once. It was an accident and apparently, she does have some kind of feeling towards me.”

A picture of us? But anyways, ha! I kinda knew it that Jaein likes Sehun at one point.

His gaze then dropped to me, “She doesn’t believe that the both are together, so she said I have to prove it. I knew she was going to transfer to our school. I did the dumbest thing ever. But I swear I have no idea why does Jaein hates you and why she does all those things to you. She would never tell me. She doesn’t even tell Jongin about it.”

Then it’s my turn to sigh, relieved and aggrieved at the same time. I had a feeling that Jaein would be a very good friend of mine if we didn’t start off wrong. Both of us likes to read, a lot. That’s what I heard from Jongin when he about her loves for books during one of our hangouts.

“I felt sad for Jaein.” I said, which earns a surprise from Sehun. “She’s always alone, even at school. She doesn’t have any friends beside you and Jongin. And those people around her? They hated her. The student council hated her, said she buys her way into the board or another version, she slept with our principal to let her get into the board.” I show a grim look on my face.

I still don’t know how does she got into the council board but either way, during that time, both version kind of seemed it’s possible she does that.

Sehun shot me an amused look, “So you’re really that nice huh? Even if Jaein treats you like .”

I shrugged my shoulders, “honestly, I don’t really care about what she did to me. I just want to know why she does that to me.”

“My girlfriend is such an angel.” He hummed, a teasing smirk on his face which sends my cheeks red.

“And, your girlfriend thinks you should go home now. I need my beauty sleep.” I jabbed him in the waist which made him jumped in his seat. I stifled a laugh but I could barely contain it after seeing Sehun’s face.

Deadpanned, “alright, I should get going. I need to pack.”

As I closed my eyes, waiting for him to leave, he left a swift kiss on my forehead and said nothing.

I opened my eyes again when he left, hearing the engine of his car rumble then into silence once again as he drives off. I let out a frustrated sigh as I pressed my face into my pillow, feeling again my heart pounding wildly against my chest.

I think I’m falling in love again with Oh Sehun.

 

 


Lord I'm so sorry for the short chapter and the writing is so half- but I don't really want to write that long on this scene.

Yay Hyesoo finally knows why Sehun and her weren't friends after that summer! 

And I'm really inspired to write a spin-off of this story, not related to them or their friends but related to their children.

I kind of have a trouble choosing who to write as my male lead, I've already picked my female lead and it would be Jaein's daughter. I would love to write about Jaein's daughter's story but that would give a spoiler to the ending of this story though and everything that is going to happen here. So I'm patiently (maybe not) writing this story finish then I would start writing the spin-off.

The male lead would either be the next gen Chanyeol or Sehun. Or maybe NCT's Jaehyun. Def not Jongin. Would be weird if their daughter dates a guy the same name as her father. Next gen Jongin would've be her brother. 

Have a fun week ahead guys! I'll try to write as much as I can since my final is ending on wednesday!