chapter one

This stupid Love.

I, Han Hyesoo, never dated anyone in 22 years of my life.

          I would never know how being in love was like so I feel empathy for people who gives up everything just for their love ones. For people who put out their kind heart and let everyone tramples around but they don’t feel any resentment towards the people they love even though how much of an that person could be. How they would endure everything just for the sake of their love ones and still say, “I’m fine. It’s okay.”

          Even I, who have never dated or love anyone (besides my friends and family), knows what this bastard is talking about relationship are all trash! I’ve tried my best to suppress my annoyance towards this guy. I can’t be the immature one here. But this guy keeps on yapping! Can’t he keep his mouth shut? Everyone in the room here is ignoring him already! Why am I the only one listening to him! Why I’m the only one in the room? Where’s everybody?

“…she’s so annoying, clinging onto me like that…”

I huffed as I couldn’t listen to his trash talk anymore.

At first, he came to our office saying he wants to write a letter to a girl and I thought it was a love letter. But things took a twist when I realised, he actually wanted us to post his message (or letter) onto the school’s newsletter on our website and it’s not a love letter. It’s a letter to insult the girl!

According to him, this girl liked him (girl, you need your eyes check!) and keep on trying her luck by treating him nicely. He thought it’s nice having someone doing stuffs for him but now, she’s annoying because she told her friends that he might like her. So, to ‘dispose’ her, he wanted us to act as an anonymous person or even better, as his ‘fake’ girlfriend that he wanted the girl to back off.

Clenching my fist, to stop myself from slapping this , “Then, why didn’t you told her clearly from the beginning? Why bother giving false hope?” I gritted my teeth, glaring at him.

Of course, this boy is oblivious at the death glare that I just shot him. His head is up in his right now, thinking he’s the king.

“Well, I got to admit” crossing both of his legs on top of the table.

Get your dirty shoes off our table!

“It’s nice to have someone running around, doing stuffs for you. Just like a maid. Wait, that’s a dog!” he laughed at his own jokes. I wouldn’t call them jokes. It’s not funny.

Playing with people’s kind heart, giving false hope is not a joke. Kind people don’t deserve to have themselves trampled around. I clenched my fist till my knuckles went white, nails piercing against my palm.

And then he continues on spewing his bulls, “If I reject her, it would make me look like I’m someone heartless. I have this reputation where I heard I’m kind.” Then he clicked his tongue, “People would dislike me if I’m like that. So, I thought by treating her politely without any affections would make her give up,” then he let out a grudge, “but she’s becoming more and more clingy. Damn it.”

Then, he leaned forward to me, “You looked like a sweet one. You’ll write for me, won’t you?” flashing a wicked smirk at me.

He makes me sick to the guts.

As if I would go according to your crazy (and heartless) plan.

While I collected myself, I voiced out in a clear, straight-forward yet polite manner, “If you tell the girl to give up in a nice way, there’s no need to write and publish it to the whole school. Don’t you think it’s a little too much?” I pressed my lips into a smile (an insincere one).

He stared at me as if I was growing another head on my body, and then looked a little annoyed (Now what gives him the right to be annoyed!), “It’s too much of a hassle” flicking his hand in the hand, “Why don’t just end it without talking to her.”

“Because it is disrespectful towards the other party. Writing something like that is stooping low to a level that the newsletter club should never do,” I said it as a-matter-of-fact, “plus, writing something like that could get us sue and we could end up with disciplinary actions from the student affair.”

“If you think I would put the image of the newsletter and me myself on line just to accept your coward and ed up self just to tarnish someone like that, you’re dead wrong.” I said, looking him dead in the eyes.

I’m not someone you can mess with.

A flash of flustered run across his face, then it was miffed, humiliation then at last, anger.

“You remember where the door is. Help yourself.” I said, turning away to my laptop as I plugged my earphones, a sign that ‘I’m no longer going to entertain you anymore’, trying to finish my research essays that is due.

Seriously, I wasted my precious time listening to the him talking nonsense when I could write an article for the upcoming newsletter or finish my essays

I never realised that he was gone until my senior (he had to yell; I was blasting music through my poor ears) that he saw someone stomping out of the room.

“Just some pest who wants to ruin our reputation, so I told him off.” I mumbled frustratingly. Ugh, way to go. Some random trash is spoiling my good mood.

My senior gave me a wary look and an awkward smile before he continues to do his work. (Reminding himself not to get on Hyesoo’s bad side. The girl could quite terrifying when she’s angry. Just like her cousin.) He suddenly shudders at the thought of his president. His future girlfriend better not be someone like them.


***

 

“Hey Hyesoo, do you still have feelings towards Oh Sehun?”

I dropped the fork that I’m holding, crying that my apple pie crumbs are everywhere on the table. I hate dirty messy table.

“Surin!” I cried. Surin sat there staring at me curiously. She probably wants an answer. That was unexpected. The other girls also shift their attention towards me. Probably curious about this Oh Sehun that Surin mentioned. Surin and I are the only ones that went to the same college with the same major. At least I don’t feel lonely. Then, we made good friends. I’m happier than ever.

“Why are you asking me this? It’s a long time ago.” I mindlessly cut the piece again (this time it’s going into my mouth!).

“I heard from Surin that this Oh Sehun is pretty popular in your school. And, handsome as well.” Jiyoung’s eyes twinkled. She’s a er for hot guys especially her 2D anime men.

Well, yeah, technically they’re not wrong. Oh Sehun is indeed popular. Kind of like the perfect main character of a shōujo manga. Back then, everyone liked him, everyone wanted to be friends with him. Indeed he is nice to everyone.

“I’ve set up a blind date for you.”

Again? I thought she’s given up on introducing some random guys because every single time my date failed, she carries full responsibility of it. I remembered the last time she swears if she sets up another wrong date, she and Chanyeol are breaking up.

Hold on, are they?

“Are you and Chanyeol breaking up?” I asked curiously, I could see her face twitch in annoyance.

“No! Shut up! We are not breaking up in a million years!”

Girl, we heard you. There’s no need to shout.

“This time, the guy is from Chanyeol oppa debate club and he’s close with him. So, this time we can assume he’s safe.”

I narrowed my eyes, giving her a glare but the girl is so oblivious she didn’t even notice. The newsletter club hates the debate club and the feeling is mutual. Practically half of the debate club members are students from the law faculty and a few from language and literature because those snobby rich kids would bully our students, making them leave. But things changed when Chanyeol (from our faculty) became the president of club. He probably uses his fist, scaring and tormenting half of the law students (Did I mentioned he’s a black belt and his family owned a taekwondo studio?) But still, we’re just like dogs and cats whenever we see each other. Our lecturers are even worse. 

“I’m not going.” Stating the obvious to Miss Airhead here.

This guy is from the debate club. I’m betraying my club members. I shudders as I thought of Joohyun. I don’t really want to see demon Joohyun. Plus, I don’t even know how the guy looked like.

“Joohyun would kill me if she knew I’m dating someone from the debate club! Plus, I don’t even know how does he looked like.”

I tried my hardest flashing my best smile, pleading her to cancel this date.

The girls probably looked at me as if I’m pathetic.

But in the end, Surin ignored my plea. She’s doing whatever she wants to do.

“I didn’t ask for a picture from Chanyeol oppa because he says the guy hates taking pictures. But here’s his profile picture on his messenger.”

Surin shoved the phone to my face as I sulked and eyed from the corner of my eyes, the other girls follow suit.

How am I able to decipher which is him on a 144p quality picture family photo? My brain is sending warning signs that this guy is weird as hell. The other girls went awfully silent as well. They’re probably disappointed.

“Surin,” Yerin called out slowly, “Are you sure this guy isn’t weird? The first warning sign is that he doesn’t like taking pictures.”

I nodded in agreement. Who the hell don’t like taking pictures? Pictures are memories that could last a lifetime.

Surin flustered at Yerin’s question, surely, she thinks this guy is weird. She clears , “I’m sure anyone who is friends with oppa is nice. So, there’s nothing to worry about.”

Surin made a point. Whoever friends with Chanyeol, they’re all good people. Like most of my seniors in my club.

I sighed, agreeing to the blind date. “Fine. But this going to be last time.”

Surin beamed at me as she texted on her phone, probably telling Chanyeol I agreed. I swear if that little set me up with someone weird, I’m going to beat the living hell out of him (knowing that he could just finish me off with one blow, that’s pretty ambitious).

“So, what is the guy’s name?”

Surin lifts her head up and stares at me blankly, “Er, Chanyeol didn’t tell me about his name.” She gave me a sheepish smile, “It’s fun that way, he said.”

I’ll give him a beating if I ever catch him, that what’s I call fun.

 


So another boring chapter...

I'm sorry if it's kind of short but I'm experimenting my writing. 

:D