2.1: The Best Friend

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the cat out of the bag now, Saeron and Yerim had no choice but to help Seulgi and Joohyun kill the group of demons. Yerim did not have a gun with her but it does not mean she does not know how to fight melee so she too, picked up a broken pipe to fight.

 


While the three of them -Joohyun, Saeron, Yerim- were doing their best to survive and kill the bunch of demons, Seulgi had took it upon herself to take the back seat and do nothing. When Joohyun turned to look at her, all she saw was a Seulgi enjoying a bag of chips seating on a pile of debris while the other two were trying their best to survive this mess.

 


“What happened to helping, Seulgi!” Her blade glowing bright red stabbing into a winged demon's heart as she shouted out clearly pissed at Seulgi for doing nothing to help the situation. 

 


“You got two helpers now, Joo Joo!” was Seulgi’s response as she continued to stuff more chips into .

 


“What’s with this Joo Joo thing? It’s very cringey!” Yerim complained from the other side of the big spacious room as the glowing bright red pipe from her hands smacked onto a demon's head, smashing it in the process.

 


“It’s her nickname! Cute, right!” Seulgi answered enthusiastically.

 


“Don’t listen to her, Yer-" Remembering that demons should definitely not be able to know their names, Joohyun stopped speaking out Yerim’s name before she continued.

 


“She’s saying that so my name doesn’t get revealed!”

 


“And Joo Joo was the best you could come up with!” Yerim criticised but Saeron on the other hand thought differently, Joo Joo sounded adorable to her. If only Yerim could come up with something adorable to call her.

 


“Then call me something else!” 

 


“Just your name should be enough.” The demon she was currently fighting with interjected before Joohyun told her to shut the up and slashed her head off.

 


“Then what do you want me to call you!” 

 


Suddenly remembering that advertisement banner she saw while walking into the park last week, Joohyun answered Yerim. 

 


“Irene! Call me that!” 

 


“Irene...huh...” Seulgi dazed as her hand reached into the plastic bag only to find out she had finished her chips. 

 


“Alright, my chips are finished! Finish them quickly and let’s go for ice cream! Joo Joo's buying!” She jumped off the debris dusting off her hands.

 


“Joo Joo! Let’s finish this quickly! Myemim! Ronnie! Come on, finish them off quick!” 

 


“Who the hell is Ronnie/Myemim!” Both Saeron and Yerim shouted as they finish off the remaining three demons.

 


“Isn’t it obvious? Myemim is the shorty and Ronnie is the tall one. Don’t like Ronnie? How about Ronsae?” Seulgi pondered aloud and next thing she knew was a broken pipe flying straight for her face. Of course, Seulgi was not fazed as she simply grabbed it the moment it was within reach. 

 


Yerim snatched the broken pipe from Saeron's hand as she rushed toward Seulgi, the metal pipe in her hands glowed purple hues as she blinked to Seulgi’s left side. Seulgi saw through her trick as she turned to look at her the moment Yerim appeared beside her.

 


Having quick reflexes, Yerim blinked to the other side but was once again saw through by Seulgi who grabbed onto her pipe and threw it on the floor. 

 


“Why are you targeting me?” Seulgi asked as she gave Yerim a deadpanned look.

 


“Joohyun unnie, care to explain why you’re with a demon?” 

 


“Why not?” Seulgi smirked looking at Yerim straight in the eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

They ended up with Seulgi dragging a raging Yerim biting her hand as they walked over to an ice cream parlour. Their crazy actions brought a lot of attention when they first entered the shop, Seulgi had to sit Yerim down and asked Saeron to take care of her before she could even go and order her ice cream.

 


“So, care to explain why you were following us now?” Joohyun asked while her yogurt flavoured ice cream.

 


“Hmph!” Still fuming, Yerim crossed her arms as she looked to the side ignoring Joohyun.

 


“Yerim saw you walking with Seulgi and dragged me to follow you guys.” Saeron answered for her instead.

 


“Yah! We should be ignoring them!”

 


“She paid for the ice cream you’re eating, idiot.” Retorted Saeron as she shoved a spoonful of mint chocolate flavoured ice cream into Yerim’s mouth.

 


“Huh, that doesn’t make any sense. You saw us then decided to follow us?” Perking her eyebrow, Joohyun asked confused.

 


“It's because I’m a demon isn’t it?” Seulgi who has been silently enjoying her ‘Chocolate Forest' flavoured ice cream while listening to their conversation decided to intercept. She gave Yerim who was sitting opposite her a smug look knowing it would tick her off.

 


“Yah! What are you looking at you filthy demon!” Waving her spoon, Yerim cussed out at Seulgi.

 


“Oh my, Myemim.” Seulgi covered with a hand before continuing, “Filthy is a strong word, that hurt me.” Her hand now touching her heart acting hurt.

 


“Don’t bother her, she has crazy tendencies sometimes.” Joohyun said as she looked at Seulgi and her crazy antics again.

 


“Don’t act like you don’t like it, Joo Joo! I know you loved it when I kissed you that day!” Seulgi gave Joohyun a wink but was given a slap on the forearm in return from a blushing Joohyun.

 


Seeing Seulgi's smile while teasing Joohyun and Joohyun’s embarrassed responses irked Yerim. No human and demon should be interacting like this, it just does not feel right for her so she stood up and stormed out of the ice cream parlour not giving a damn about the others.

 


“I-I'm so sorry about Yerim, she just... really hates demons.” Saeron apologised before she went out to chase after Yerim.

 


“Joohyun.”

 


Still stunned by the turn of events, Joohyun only responded Seulgi after a few seconds with a “What.”

 


“Nothing. Just, take care of her.”

 


“Take care of who?” Joohyun replied before she turned to look at Seulgi, confused.

 


“Yerim, she has an affinity for darkness. I can feel it.” was Seulgi's reply but it made no sense to Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter