6.1: Ahreum

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Irene?” Seulgi called out the moment her eyes registered the woman who sat on the ground, her arms and head lying on top of the bed right beside where Seulgi was laying.

 


Hearing Seulgi’s voice had woken up the supposed Irene look alike as she stirred awake and lifted her head up, she heard the demon gasped. 

 


“Irene.” She frowned when she heard the demon said the same name again.

 


Who was this Irene that she kept speaking about? Her name was Ahreum, not Irene. So, she shook her head and grabbed the board at the nightstand beside the bed before she wrote something on it with a marker.

 


“Ahreum.” Seulgi read out the words that were written out on the board by the girl. So, she wasn’t Irene then? Ahreum then nodded her head as if to confirm that it was indeed her name, not some ‘Irene’. 

 

 

But, the both of them did looked alike though, not just similar but exactly the same as even the moles on their faces shared the exact same spots.

 


Seulgi had wanted to ask her questions but before she could even ask her, Ahreum had stood up from the ground to walk out of the room.

 


Seeing as Ahreum has walked out of the room, Seulgi decided to follow after her but when she sat up, she felt pain all over her body. 

 


“Argh.” She groaned in pain as her hand reached over to her abdomen, it seemed to her that her previous encounter with the Knight had injured her greatly.

 


Usually, her fights with demon slayers would end with the other party injured, not her but her fight with Knights one after another had proven to cause her some serious damage. She hissed in pain as her hand pressed onto the bandaged wound.

 


Ahreum then walked in, carrying a tray of a bowl, a glass of water and... medicine? It was Seulgi's turn to frown this time as the thought of having medicine was a taboo to her. 

 


“What are you doing?” She asked the human, the frown on her face still apparent as she pointed to the tray on Ahreum's hand but Ahreum did not answer her as she put the tray by the night stand before picking up the bowl along with a spoon.

 


As it turned out, it was a bowl of porridge when she scooped it using the spoon and raised it closed to Seulgi’s mouth. Befuddled, Seulgi gave her a frown and asked her. 

 


“I’m injured, not sic-” but before she could even get all of her words out, Ahreum had shoved the spoonful of porridge into . Seulgi initially wanted to spit out the porridge but the serious expression on Ahreum’s face made her swallowed it down instead. 

 


When she did finally swallow the porridge, both the spoon and bowl of porridge was shoved to her hands making her carry them instead of Ahreum. 

 


It didn’t take a genius to figure out what she meant, so Seulgi continued to devour the porridge. ‘Chicken porridge, huh?’ was Seulgi’s first thought when she ate the porridge.

 


Maybe this person before her really wasn’t Irene after all, Irene would never touch anything to do with chicken. Heck, she hated it with a passion! Ahreum on the other hand had even made her chicken porridge. 

 


A thought came to her when she was about to put another spoonful of the chicken porridge into . Before the spoon had reached its designated destination, Seulgi had instead offered it to Ahreum who was watching Seulgi intently as if leaving her even for a second would give Seulgi the chance to throw the porridge she had made away.

 


When she saw the spoonful of porridge however, Ahreum’s face turned into a look of pure disgust as her eyebrows pulled together and nose wrinkled. 

 


Okay, maybe Ahreum and Irene are kind of alike, they both didn’t like chicken after all. 

 


“You don’t like chicken?” Seulgi asked her only to see Ahreum shaking her head. After she had finished the bowl of porridge, Ahreum took away the bowl and spoon and placed them on the tray. She then took the pills and proceeded to placed it on Seulgi’s hands as if telling her to take the pills.

 


“No no no.” Seulgi said, frowning as she rejected, “You don’t get it don’t you? I’m a demon, I don’t need medicine to heal and these are painkillers by the way. I can heal by my-” but she stopped when she saw the stern look on Ahreum’s face.

 


‘You better take your pills or else’ was probably what she meant with that look. 

 


“Fine.” Seulgi conceded in defeat as she reached out for the glass of water on the nightstand, she then popped the pills into and drank the water. 

 


“Happy now?” She said with a pout on her face but when she saw the smile on Ahreum’s face, she could not help but gasped and dropped her jaws open -her smile looked exactly the same as the one smile Seulgi had missed so dearly. 

 


Ahreum then gathered everything and stood up, she was about to walked out of the room when Seulgi decided it to get out of the bed. Ahreum immediately turned around and gave Seulgi h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter