3.1: Thievery

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Months Later...

 

 

 

 

 

“Damn it, Joy!” Joohyun shouted at the top of her lungs as they dodged and avoided the big white statue of a man coming at them. The statue proceeded to break the large windows and fall off from the museum’s first floor. 

 


“How is this my fault?” Sooyoung retorted as she smashed a relatively smaller statue that came her way. 

 


“How is it not your fault, you provoked them!”

 


“We’re gonna be killing them anyways, Irene!”

 


“Damn it! Should’ve brought the mallet tonight!” She cussed as they both tried to inch toward the eight headed demon that was throwing whatever they could grab. The museum officials had requested the church for demon slayers to investigate the museum after having security and staff missing frequently for a month. 

 


Who would have thought the supposed imported titanium alloy Yamata No Orochi statue from Japan was actually a demon in disguise. 

 


“Aish! I don’t care about the god damn museum anymore!” Sooyoung ranted before she threw her axe toward the eight headed demon. The axe then struck one of the eight heads before the other heads bit it off to throw it back at them. 

 


“Step aside, Hyun.” Sooyoung warned before she turned into her beast form. 

 


After two months of working with Sooyoung, it was still quite unnerving for Joohyun to watch her transform into her beast form. She could hear the loud cracking of the bones and see the sudden growth spurt of white hair(fur) growing throughout Sooyoung’s body but her long mane was thoroughly magnificent. It was just beautifully white and pure.

 


Standing at ten feet tall, Joohyun truly looked tiny when compared to Sooyoung's humongous size. She roared back to the eight headed demon as her sapphire eyes gleamed. Sooyoung in her beast form was truly a sight to behold but Joohyun had enough times to witness how she had ripped through countless of demons with her vice claws and that, was simply not something nice to witness.

 


“Buddy, you’re in for a ride!” She announced as she leaped through the hallway to where the eight headed demon was located, a large open area at the center of the first floor of the museum.

 


Two of the snake heads charged at her, trying to bite and pull her into two halves but Sooyoung only saw this as a chance for her to grab onto one of the heads. With her strong claws, they sunk in deep as she ripped the head apart. The other seven heads screamed in pain as Joohyun watched on from afar, feeling a slight bit pity for the demon. 

 


The supposedly ominous eight headed snake demon was completely devoured by Sooyoung fifteen minutes later. 

 


“That was quite a meal!” Sooyoung sighed, contented with her rather large meal served with eight snake heads. 

 


“Let’s get some ice cream for dessert, Hyun.” She suggested as they made their way out of the museum. 

 


“But, what about the museum? So many things are destroyed because of us.” The worry in her eyes were clear as day but Sooyoung clearly did not care about the museum. If it was Seulgi who had been fighting alongside her, she would've made sure nothing would ever come close to Joohyun and all the property damage would've been avoided.

 


“What about it? The demon was the cause, they should be grateful we even come and cleaned up the demon for them. Plus, we didn’t destroy anything important right?”

 


“Hmm, I don’t think we did. Did we?” She tried to remember as hard as she can but nothing came to mind.

 


“No, nothing of importance was destroyed. How about we get some ice cream, hmm?” Sooyoung smiled brightly with her eyes forming a crescent shape, trying to convince Joohyun that they really did not destroy anything important. Truth is, Sooyoung did not care about any of the things in the museum. She herself was probably older than anything in the museum anyways.

 


“Sigh, alright. Let’s get some ice cream.” 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you found anything about Seulgi?” Joohyun asked as she took a bite of the ‘Chocolate Forest' flavoured ice cream in her hands. 

 


“Nope, not a single thing.” was Sooyoung’s answer. 

 


It had been more than three months since Seulgi suddenly disappeared from her life without a single trace. Since then, quite a handful of things had happened. 

 


Firstly, Yerim and Saeron had finally gotten out of the hospital a month after Seulgi’s disappearance. Yerim was getting ready for her graduation and the blessing ceremony while Seungwan on the other hand was going to be inaugurated into Knighthood by the end of the month. 

 


Unfortunately, although Jeongyeon’s condition has been getting better and better each day, she was still in comatose. 

 


“Sigh, just where could she be?” Joohyun sighed as she recalled the last time she was with Seulgi. She believed there must be a reason behind this. If not, why would Seulgi act so strange the last time they were together? 

 


“Who knows? Maybe she just doesn’t want to see you anymore.” Sooyoung teased but Joohyun had took her words a bit too seriously. 

 


“You think maybe that’s why?” She tried to contact Seulgi telepathically at first when she noticed Seulgi had not talked to her for more than half a day. It was strange because the both of them never go more than two hours without talking telepathically when they are not together. It was like Joohyun had a link with Seulgi and all of a sudden, the link broke.

 


Joohyun had been worried about Seulgi’s sudden silence for more than half a day that she eventually went to Seulgi’s apartment to check up on her only to find an empty apartment. Without realising, Joohyun didn't just became too dependant on Seulgi, she apparently also had Seulgi on her mind every hour of the day ever since they met.

 


“It was a joke, okay? Don’t get upset, Seulgi’s probably just busy.” Sooyoung tried to make it clear to Joohyun it was all joke when she saw tears forming in her eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter